Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Anthem beat what Warframe has?

tehflamex

To beat Warframe, Anthem needs to

1- Be Free to Play

2- Don't have DLCs and all content in the updates needs to be free for all players

3- Have fair microtransactions

TL:DR: This will never happen. Because Anthem will be a full priced 60$ game with microtransactions AND season pass with ton of DLCs. We're talking about EA here.

These new 60 dollars Triple A MMOs don't last, because the developers and the publisher don't want to. They're made to suck 60$+DLC from the players, then after 3 years, wipe all the progression they made and release a new sequel to charge more 60$+DLCs.

"Only a true F2P can beat another F2P" - Jar Jar Binks

9 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Is this going to be a trend of mostly threads that belong in Off Topic comparing apples and oranges titles to Warframes?

Because it's a really annoying trend already, if so. 

I'm waiting for the "Will Assassin's Creed Origins beat Warframe" thread to pop up.

5 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

1- Be Free to Play

2- Don't have DLCs and all content in the updates needs to be free for all players

TL:DR: This will never happen. Because Anthem will be a full priced 60$ game with microtransactions AND season pass with ton of DLCs. We're talking about EA here.

These new 60 dollars Triple A MMOs don't last, because the developers and the publisher don't want to. They're made to suck 60$+DLC from the players, then after 3 years, wipe all the progression they made and release a new sequel to charge more 60$+DLCs.

Whats wrong with buying games ? I pay Money and I am entertained for a certain amount of time.

Just now, DxAdder said:

Whats wrong with buying games ? I pay Money and I am entertained for a certain amount of time.

No problem at all if you like, I buy games too.

But for me, If I payed 60 dollars ( here in Brazil is like R$ 180) I want everything this game has to offer. But thats not how it works, I only receive a DEMO version of the game, and the rest of the content I only have acess if I pay even more.

And after that, you still have to deal with microtransactions in a 60$ game with DLCs

With The Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind, I payed 60$ for a complete game and played for 1k hours. Then I bought the DLC and played for more 200 hours in Solstheim. Same with Skyrim.

However in Destiny, you pay 60$ for a game without story, lacking basic functions like trade and recruit chat, and to receive the rest of the campaign you need to pay more 60$.

And now, instead of updating Destiny 1 with new funcions, story and maps, they created a "new game" where they added everything they "forgot to add" in Destiny 1 and are charging more 60$. Its pretty much charging 60$ for a update, and a update that will run 30fps locked in all consoles.

I like to buy COMPLETE games, not 60$ demos + 60$ DLC + microtransactions.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

I'm waiting for the "Will Assassin's Creed Origins beat Warframe" thread to pop up.

:crylaugh:

Can World of Warcraft beat what Warframe has? 

Can FIFA 2018 beat what Warframe has? 

Can Warframe beat what Minecraft has? 

The world must know! 

23 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

-snip- 

I like to buy COMPLETE games, not 60$ demos + 60$ DLC + microtransactions.

agreed  , i grow rather tired of throwing money and a game that isnt done and donst offer me much back, at least with warframe i get a lot to do, though its a lot of grind : / and they honestly say that 

Bioware made a good portion of my favourite games. Now I have no hopes that they'll produce something worthwhile. All their recent project were spiralling downhill with every new game since IIRC ME2. I would like to be wrong, but.. sigh.

I can't stop laughing after seeing this post. And not because someone compares 2 completely different games.

I can't stop laughing because noone else besides Warframe players compare these games :P

Noone mentions Warframe in YouTube comment sections where you can see the 2 trailers (that's all we saw so far from Anthem. 2 Trailers) about that unreleased game.

Noone mentions Warframe in Articles where someone writes about that unreleased game.

But hey it's not surprising me, cause only Warframe players compare Warframe to Destiny. Most of the Destiny players don't even know that Warframe exists (Like many other gamers).

Looks like iron man meets star wars to me lol...

One thing for sure from that video... the toasters that DE let play this game won't be invited to that one thats for sure.

There is a very big problem with it though... EA, they don't exactly have a good rep in my experience.

1 hour ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

1- Be Free to Play

Nailed it.

2 hours ago, CeePee said:

And people still compare a F2P game to a AAA 60 dollar game with DLC and Microtransactions.

Totally different markets.

What I'm looking at is Co-op Shooters coming to PC and two AAA studios are releasing games that are direct competition to Warframe.

Where talking about games that will have better graphics, environments, sound, music , CGI cut scenes , voice actors I know  and a gear progression system that makes

way more sense than the grindfest Warframe has turned into. I cat wait to play these games.

7 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

What I'm looking at is Co-op Shooters coming to PC and two AAA studios are releasing games that are direct competition to Warframe.

Where talking about games that will have better graphics, environments, sound, music , CGI cut scenes , voice actors I know  and a gear progression system that makes

way more sense than the grindfest Warframe has turned into. I cat wait to play these games.

Wow, we have a EA salesman here. He already played the final version of the game and knows the music, enviroments, sound and graphics

Mortals like me only saw a heavily scripted gameplay trailer.

11 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

:crylaugh:

Can World of Warcraft beat what Warframe has? 

Can FIFA 2018 beat what Warframe has? 

Can Warframe beat what Minecraft has? 

The world must know! 

You forgot about the most important question.

Can chocolate beat what Warframe has?

Chocolate got a serious contender when Warframe came out. And when Warframe comes out of Beta then noone will even remember chocolate.

RIP chocolate SoonTM. I will never forget you.

12 hours ago, DxAdder said:

Still different markets.

On 6/21/2017 at 6:55 PM, DxAdder said:

Well that's what people were thinking when Year 1 Destiny came out and look what happened then,

2 hours ago, Tricky5hift said:

Well that's what people were thinking when Year 1 Destiny came out and look what happened then,

I was referring to PC, Destiny will be new expertness for PC users who don't own consoles.