Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Relic Defense Bug

(XBOX)Catch Lightning

It still happens that if the host quits in Void Relic Defense the game crashes in one way or another: freezing, losing connection to host/new host (unclear), random quit. This causes players to lose all rewards from the run (experience, prime parts/bps, pickups) all because someone else quit the game. This has been a persistent issues since I started playing a year ago and I'm incredibly upset it isn't patched. The only real workaround is extracting whenever ANY other player extracts because there isn't a surefire way to know who is host especially in public matches. This is especially upsetting when losing prime parts that are vaulted or rare like in my last game I lost an Ash Prime Chassis and Akstilletto Receiver (not the rarest but still annoying). This is one of those gamebreaking bugs that should have been patched asap yet hear it is nearly a year or more later.

Just happened to me (again).   Because of all the host migration problems I have  always payed attention to which player is host when deciding to stay or leave.  And actually, for a few months, I just left at the first opportunity regardless because of all the last second shenanigans of people leaving at the last second.  But just today i decided to stay against my better judgement.

4 man squad, a player quit (not the host) immediately on first chance. Plenty of time on the counter for others to decide what to do.  He wasn't the host.  All three of us remaining players opted to stay.

I opted to stay since i noticed that the host was staying and i was doing all the killing anyway so wasn't that worried about it.

Then at the last second, the host - who had indicated he would stay - switched his vote and dipped. (Giving him the benefit of the doubt he may have been concerned that the player who quit was the one doing all the damage so got scared.  Knowing the community at large, he probably left on purpose at the last second to troll us) In any event, since he waited until there was only one second left on the timer, the last two of us were stuck in a host migration.

We were stuck on the relic selection screen cursing host migrations in squad chat until the other player dashboarded - at which point my game unlocked and I was left doing the defense alone.

I submitted a support ticket and an excerpt of interest from their response is as follows:

Please provide the following information IN TEXT FORM:

• What are the Names of the other Players that received the item?
  • What One Item do you want restored? 
    (Please know that we are generally not able to restore any resources, credits, affinity, focus points or standing gains with any of the factions.)

• When (date & time + your time zone) did you finish the mission?

• Where (Node / Derelict / alert) did you play the mission / which Void Relic did you use?

I provided what I could of this, I had everything but the other player names and they were able to help me out. So I recommend filing a support ticket and they can help you out. I noted I didn't receive every item I selected but instead I THINK I only got what I got from MY relics (an Ash Prime Chassis Blueprint and a Forma Blueprint). So there may be limitations to this solution. I asked a few more follow up questions to them and will report on them later when they respond. I would like to note they were very quick having had this all done in the time since I started this thread Wednesday two days ago.