Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unleash the Dragon; a Chroma rework (making his abilities Synchronize and do more stuff beyond "buff armor/damage")

Aktriaz

As it stands now, Chroma is a one(and a half)-trick pony. Cold Elemental Ward and Vex Armor with maximized duration/strength. Rinse and repeat. (Effigy is good, but has far too costly to use freely) While this is very powerful, it is very conditional for a warframe whose main theme (aside from "dragon") is versatility and adaptability; needing to have the right amount of shield at the right time in order to reach full potential without dying in high levels. Not to mention, if he's in a scenario where he physically cannot take damage (such as a teammate perma-stunning foes) he is unable to do anything significant.

A warning; this is overall going to be a buff. I know many people who like Chroma as he is now because of the difficulty and payoff that Vex armor brings. While I do want to keep that essence of that risk/reward, I also want to make Vex Armor less… “conditional”, and expand upon his other abilities, make his abilities synchronize better and make range no longer a dump-stat.

In this rework, I will be making Chroma's Kit (hopefully) synchronize better, adding a dependency on range, and (take a deep breath) changing Vex Armor. I'll also be adding an alternate version of Spectral Scream that is usable when Effigy is active (which is now a single-cast-duration ability).

I'll also be putting more depth into Elemental Ward, having it have a greater impact on Chroma's playstyle based on energy color. Heat will improve offensive ability, Electric will grant the ability to regain energy, Toxin will grant the ability to regain health, and Cold will improve defensive ability. The idea behind this is to have there be more ways for him to contribute to a team, and give him more variety in builds.

BEFORE YOU EXPRESS DISTASTE FOR MY INDIVIDUAL CHOICES; please look at the rest of the rework first. I intended to make the abilities depend on/affect each other- think Limbo rework, Nidus, or Octavia. Those are the standards I am trying to meet with this rework, so judging the abilities individually is not a valid critique.

1. Spectral Scream

50 energy, 500 Damage, 100% status, 20m range (5-15m wide cone).

Each Enemy hit increases Vex Armor's Scorn and Fury ratings by 1 stage.

Spectral Scream is now a single-cast attack, and does not slow down or restrict movement, aside from interrupting/preventing melee or ranged attacks/reload.

1(while 4 is active). Spectral Fury

25 energy, 6 Duration, 15m range.

No cast animation. Has a 3-second delay between recasts. Buff is applied to all allies within 15m radius on cast. Grants 50% damage reduction, as well as +20% extra elemental damage matching Chroma’s energy color. Each Melee hit while this ability is active increase Vex Armor’s Fury by 1.

REASONING: It never made sense to me for Chroma to keep his firebreath after he deploys Effigy; his dragon-half. Plus, this ability is supposed to act as a counter to dumping Duration to favor the rest of Chroma’s kit (minus Elemental Ward). It’s supposed to act as a “hit and run” style ability. I also thought it would fit pelt-less Chroma’s Knight-like appearance thematically.

2. Elemental Ward

50 energy, 20 Duration, 12 aura (to effect allies). Effects differ greatly based on energy color.

HEAT: Adds +20% flat Status and Critical Chances. Bonuses are affected by (*warframe) mods.

ELECTRIC: Killed enemies will release a chain of electricity that will strike any warframe within 5m, and restore 2 energy. Shock range and energy restoration are affected by mods.

TOXIN: Adds 2.5% Lifesteal to melee. Enemies killed by warframe's affected by elemental ward have a 50% chance of spawning a health orb. Lifesteal and drop chance are affected by mods.

COLD: nothing changes; same as original. This is because it’s already good enough.

REASONING: I think elemental ward was wasted potential with it’s flat buffs to health, shield, armor, and… reload speed? Anyway, it really shouldn’t be just a ability that “makes Vex Armor better”, and have better team synergy- a reason to build into Range.

3. Vex Armor

50 Energy + 2-10/sec. (Yes, Vex Armor is now a Channeled ability)
Vex Armor starts at 2 energy per second, and increases with the higher of Fury and Scorn to a max of 10 per second when one of them reaches max.

Scorn is increased whenever Chroma takes damage to shields or health: +0.25% to a maximum of 350% (meaning Chroma needs to take 600 damage to max Scorn)

Fury is increased whenever Chroma kills and enemy: 1.75% per enemy killed to a max of 175% (meaning 100 enemies need to be killed to max Fury- Yes, that is a lot, I know.) Fury also affects Spectral Scorn's damage and Effigy's damage.

Alternatively, Enemies Struck by Spectral Scream increase both Scorn and Fury by 1 rating for each enemy hit- equal to taking 1 damage for Scorn, or Killing 1 enemy for Fury.

REASONING: Because changing Vex Armor to a channeled ability is a MASSIVE buff, as he is able to keep his buffs and easily maintain energy via Rage, I decided to make it take much longer to max out it's potential- making it more rewarding to keep Vex Armor going and make it very punishing to lose that momentum. I've also made Spectral Scream a vital part of this ability- making a player think twice before dumping range. Being in a situation where Chroma cannot kill enemies easily to increase Fury will make Spectral Scream vital to catching up.

4. Effigy

100 Energy (single cast, no channeling), 300 damage/tick, 30 duration, 20m Attack range, 30m Stun Range-- ALL affected by mods. Any kills by made by Effigy count towards Vex Armor. Effigy still cuts Chroma’s armor and increases his speed.

Additionally, Effigy will have another effect along with the Credit drop chance that changes based on energy color. Heat will grant +10% damage, Electric will grant +1 Energy regen, Toxin will grant +2 Health regen, and Cold will grant +10% damage reduction, to all allies within 30m. Range and Strength of buffs are affected by mods.

I personally think “Guided Effigy” was a poorly executed idea. Instead, it should grant the ability for Chroma to “pick up” Effigy and have it follow him- (NOT like a sentinel: more like a Kavat/Kubrow) attacking enemies as it goes. It would have a small energy drain; like 2.5/second.

REASONING: Effigy is simply far too costly for what it does, on top of the face that it greatly reduces his survivability be cutting his armor in half. Simple as that.

---

Thanks for taking the time to read. I understand that Chroma has been mentioned as someone who is going to “get a look”. Better to make our voices heard for what we want rather than get all pessimistic about "nerfing", don’t you think?

Edited by Aktriaz
added clarity to EW's heat effect

Interesting. Everything seem well thiough and balanced.

The only I would change is the heat elemental ward. Adding a flat +20% status affected by mods is too strong, considering how a 100% status shotgun is.
With this boost, every shotgun will be able to achieve this because they all have at least 10% status change and they need a base 30% with 4 elemental/status mod to reach 100%.

4 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

The only I would change is the heat elemental ward. Adding a flat +20% status affected by mods is too strong, considering how a 100% status shotgun is.
With this boost, every shotgun will be able to achieve this because they all have at least 10% status change and they need a base 30% with 4 elemental/status mod to reach 100%.

That is actually not the case. Effects that add a flat bonus ARE NOT affected by other mods. This is true for Covert Lethality's +100 damage and Supra's Syndicate mod. (and probably more) Either way, it is not my intent for this flat bonus to be affected by mods.

I know that a flat +20% that is affected by mods would be broken. That was not my intent.

Edited by Aktriaz

2 minutes ago, Aktriaz said:

Excellent feedback. I sure learned a lot from this.

You pose good ideas if Chroma was still in the works, but he's fully released and has his own spot as a bufftank. He needs some tweaks yeah, but this is pretty drastic for one of the best Warframes. I wouldn't mind seeing some of these abilities on a new frame with some tweaks to the theme, but as for Chroma, I have to pass, especially for how complex it is vs how complex other warframes and Warframe as a game in general is.

1 minute ago, Aktriaz said:

Excellent feedback. I sure learned a lot from this.

There are other Chroma rework threads that are far more reasonable on this very subforum; you should've looked at them. My feedback on this is limited to telling you that everything you've listed lacks a sense of balance. 

Bad. Plain and simple. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)theelix said:

There are other Chroma rework threads that are far more reasonable on this very subforum; you should've looked at them. My feedback on this is limited to telling you that everything you've listed lacks a sense of balance. 

Bad. Plain and simple. 

Please, give me some examples then if you're an expert on the subject of Chroma reworks.

That, or actually explain why "everything I've listed lacks a sense of balance".

You do realize how subjective "balance" is right? Please, explain what lacks balance so I can retort (or even agree with you on said flaws).

If you don't want to be constructive then don't bother posting anything. Just saying "bad" doesn't help me, the devs, or anyone else's Chroma reworks.

Just now, Aktriaz said:

You do realize how subjective "balance" is right? Please, explain what lacks balance so I can retort (or even agree with you on said flaws).

If you don't want to be constructive then don't bother posting anything. Just saying "bad" doesn't help me, the devs, or anyone else's Chroma reworks.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

There are other Chroma rework threads that are far more reasonable on this very subforum; you should've looked at them. 

I'm not claiming to be an expert, I'm saying look at the other threads. They have more reasonable ideas. But if you would like: 

Your numbers I believe are too high in regards to what is possible to mod in, for example your Status and crit chance bonus with heat. Some I believe are too low, like your energy restoration for electricity. It would essentially make the rework fall on what the current Chroma is already falling on: Ice and Fire are the best, Toxin and Electricity are useless. Vex Armor and Elemental Ward are all that would ever be truly useful outside of Effigy Credit Farm. 

Look into those other threads, note their ideas. 

It's alright, except for the fact that channel abilities for buffs would destroy Chroma. Negative efficiency with your changes (10 e/s!?!?) would become simply unfeasible; sustaining buffs would be impossible due to Zenurik being constantly deactivated.

All Chroma needs is (a) an actual passive, (b) Spectral Scream to not be hot garbage, (c) EW/VA to get their calculations sorted, and (d) Effigy to actually buff allies and receive Vex Armor buffs, as well as actually getting the 50% armor it takes from Chroma.

I don't like how many I need to kill for the ability to activate, 100 is like almost a full map, like on Kuva fortress I need to kill like 130 to be done. 

On defense and such I guess you can reach, but depending on people you play with, that could also be hard. Like I barely reach 100 kills in 5 rounds of akkad if 1 of the other is a mirage simulor. 

Also I think you might be trying to over synergy the skills, the reason nidus, octavia and limbo works is because 2 passively regains energy and 1 uses stacks. 

With all energy drain it feels like electricity is the only aura you should use

Edited by JudgeXion

1 minute ago, (PS4)theelix said:

I'm not claiming to be an expert, I'm saying look at the other threads. They have more reasonable ideas. But if you would like: 

Your numbers I believe are too high in regards to what is possible to mod in, for example your Status and crit chance bonus with heat. Some I believe are too low, like your energy restoration for electricity. It would essentially make the rework fall on what the current Chroma is already falling on: Ice and Fire are the best, Toxin and Electricity are useless. Vex Armor and Elemental Ward are all that would ever be truly useful outside of Effigy Credit Farm. 

Look into those other threads, note their ideas. 

First off, all that is opinion. There is a difference between "it's bad" vs "I think it's bad".

While I can concede that the crit/status bonuses may be a bit too high, the energy and lifesteal I stand by. They're not meant to be replacements for actual energy restore or lifestrike. With Electric elemental ward up, Chroma would theoretically have to kill 2.5 enemies every second to maintain Vex Armor without a net-loss in energy- assuming he has no strength mods on.

And, you do realize that 2.5% lifestrike is affected by Vex Armor and costs no energy for each hit, right? It's not meant to replace Lifestrike. Just reduce the dependency on it.

To give actual feedback on this subject, all you had to say was "X and X are too strong and X and X are too weak" and then I could actually do something with that.

Deflecting all intellectual responsibility by telling me to find other Chroma reworks while taking shots at mine is incredibly weak. Besides, what if I find a bad Chroma rework and take notes from that? Who's to say what's objectively good and bad? If you want to do this, then you need to have parameters or goals to decide what succeeds and fails.

13 minutes ago, Magneu said:

It's alright, except for the fact that channel abilities for buffs would destroy Chroma. Negative efficiency with your changes (10 e/s!?!?) would become simply unfeasible; sustaining buffs would be impossible due to Zenurik being constantly deactivated.

All Chroma needs is (a) an actual passive, (b) Spectral Scream to not be hot garbage, (c) EW/VA to get their calculations sorted, and (d) Effigy to actually buff allies and receive Vex Armor buffs, as well as actually getting the 50% armor it takes from Chroma.

I forgot about Zenurik. But then again it wouldn't be the first channeled ability. Valkyr's Hysteria, Excalibur's Exalted Blade, and Titania's Razor wings are abilities that block zenurik. 10 energy may be a bit too much, but with max efficiency that becomes 2.5/sec, which is more reasonable. Chroma loses a dependancy on Duration, and gains a greater dependency on range and efficiency.

Name a rework that didn't force some changes to player builds. This is just par for the course.

All that changes is Zenurik is not as viable on Chroma anymore (not that it was that important what with Rage and damage that needs to be taken anyway). Alternatively, Naramon becomes viable because Chroma no longer needs to take damage to deal more damage.

It's a tradeoff that frankly I'm okay with.

13 minutes ago, JudgeXion said:

I don't like how many I need to kill for the ability to activate, 100 is like almost a full map, like on Kuva fortress I need to kill like 130 to be done. 

On defense and such I guess you can reach, but depending on people you play with, that could also be hard. Like I barely reach 100 kills in 5 rounds of akkad if 1 of the other is a mirage simulor. 

Also I think you might be trying to over synergy the skills, the reason nidus, octavia and limbo works is because 2 passively regains energy and 1 uses stacks. 

With all energy drain it feels like electricity is the only aura you should use

It is meant to be difficult to raise on it's own. The alternatives are: use Spectral Scream (each enemy HIT, not killed, increases it by 1), or Spectral Fury (which increases it by 1 PER melee hit). This was a necessary change to make his first ability actually useful.

I will admit, most of this rework was designed with Rage in mind, with Electric Chroma being the alternative.

Perhaps giving Chroma a passive similar in spirit to Octavias- maybe innate 20% rage?

1 hour ago, Aktriaz said:

That is actually not the case. Effects that add a flat bonus ARE NOT affected by other mods. This is true for Covert Lethality's +100 damage and Supra's Syndicate mod. (and probably more) Either way, it is not my intent for this flat bonus to be affected by mods.

I know that a flat +20% that is affected by mods would be broken. That was not my intent.

Yep, flat bonus are not affected by mods (Arcanes, Kavats, ects...) but you said excalty said : "HEAT: Adds +20% flat Status and Critical Chances. Bonuses are affected by mods."

9 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Yep, flat bonus are not affected by mods (Arcanes, Kavats, ects...) but you said excalty said : "HEAT: Adds +20% flat Status and Critical Chances. Bonuses are affected by mods."

Wow, my mistake. Bad wording on my part. I meant "warframe mods" as in Power Strength.

will fix

2 hours ago, JSharpie said:

You pose good ideas if Chroma was still in the works, but he's fully released and has his own spot as a bufftank. He needs some tweaks yeah, but this is pretty drastic for one of the best Warframes. I wouldn't mind seeing some of these abilities on a new frame

Respectfully disagree, he has mostly kept with the spirit of Chroma for one thing, in fact ice armor (the most used and most common element for chroma) is left untouched.  The rest adds a bit more use out of the rest of his abilities rather than 'hit 3 hit 2 get hurt deal amazing damage while ignore 1 and using 4 rarely or just for credits'.

I know having one ability require the use of another is frowned upon by a lot of people (Saryn, Nidus) but I actually like knowing I have to consciously decide when and how to use my entire kit rather than barely using half of it.

But its fine, as you are correct, chroma is fully released and for the most part is quite popular as-is.  DE is highly unlikely to rewrite all of his abilities when most people who play chroma are quite satisfied just using ice and being a tank.  Anyone who dislikes chroma as he is now are usually just encouraged to play something else.

1 hour ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Your numbers I believe are too high

You should never take stats of a proposed rework or frame concept as their face value.  DE has never, afaik, used a fan concept as the sole guide for a rewrite and I doubt they will start now.

It is more the spirit of the idea you should look at.  Perhaps the idea itself is good if different numbers were used, or you have some thoughts to share on how you'd tweak a particular ability.  Either way, the numbers shouldn't matter.

This is all pure fiction anyway, DE may take inspiration from it but unless it is an entry for a 'create your own warframe!" contest, they won't use even a fifth of what is written here, should they decide to rework Chroma in the future.

Edited by Xekrin

chroma is already one of the tankiest frame while getting damage buff too the only thing he lacks is CC. i agree that his 1 and 4 needs a rework/buff but im gonna want a nerf on his 2(cold) or 3 if that happens. and i dont think those changes on his 2 will change the mind of chroma players from picking cold i mean come on +armor while deflecting bullets? its just too good. i dont like the change on the 3 because it forces the player to pick rage mod. and ive seen builds with avg to low efficiency with no rage mod if that becomes channeled it will limit the players on how they wanna mod chroma

i dont play chroma much so i may be wrong here

I just went straight to elemental ward toxin and wanted to say don't destroy my reload speed Chroma x.x, I am sorry I don't mean to be rude but don't change it to be even less used then it already is now. Keep reload speed and holster rate, give the life-steal/health orb drop to Fire/ give the Fire critical stats/status chance stats the Lightning, and presto you don't have some useless lightning shot that isn't going to scale and never be used and reload speed Chroma for Tigris is still around. I like your ideas except for changes Toxin, and I don't like lightning damage ability. 

- Cold would still be used over everything else, at least Toxin reload speed made for a different play style! So change it for the above. 

-You say that Elemental ward was wasted potential because of the flat bonuses but you are basically just making elemental ward flat bonuses. At least they are different then varying degrees of tankiness ( except Toxin, don't change my Toxin.) 

- Making Vex Armor a channeled ability would take away the reason to change Effigy into a duration ability. Just make Vex armor recastable and it should be fine. I don't want to shoot you down, but vex armor is great already, and nullifiers would absolutely kill Chroma now if it were based on stack kills.

9 hours ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Toxin and Electricity are useless.

Don't Talk about my Toxin that way >:C lol

17 hours ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Bad. 

How useless and full of negativity in a simple word. His rework is far better than everything I've seen. The only thing I would add is the ability to switch elements in game via the Quiver treatment for Spectral Scream.

17 hours ago, JSharpie said:

You pose good ideas if Chroma was still in the works, but he's fully released and has his own spot as a bufftank. He needs some tweaks yeah, but this is pretty drastic for one of the best Warframes. I wouldn't mind seeing some of these abilities on a new frame with some tweaks to the theme, but as for Chroma, I have to pass, especially for how complex it is vs how complex other warframes and Warframe as a game in general is.

DE has confirmed that Chroma will be getting a rework. For 2017, they have Hydroid (up next), Chroma and Zephyr (next female Prime)

17 hours ago, Aktriaz said:

As it stands now, Chroma is a one(and a half)-trick pony. Cold Elemental Ward and Vex Armor with maximized duration/strength. Rinse and repeat. (Effigy is good, but has far too costly to use freely) While this is very powerful, it is very conditional for a warframe whose main theme (aside from "dragon") is versatility and adaptability; needing to have the right amount of shield at the right time in order to reach full potential without dying in high levels. Not to mention, if he's in a scenario where he physically cannot take damage (such as a teammate perma-stunning foes) he is unable to do anything significant.

A warning; this is overall going to be a buff. I know many people who like Chroma as he is now because of the difficulty and payoff that Vex armor brings. While I do want to keep that essence of that risk/reward, I also want to make Vex Armor less… “conditional”, and expand upon his other abilities, make his abilities synchronize better and make range no longer a dump-stat.

In this rework, I will be making Chroma's Kit (hopefully) synchronize better, adding a dependency on range, and (take a deep breath) changing Vex Armor. I'll also be adding an alternate version of Spectral Scream that is usable when Effigy is active (which is now a single-cast-duration ability).

I'll also be putting more depth into Elemental Ward, having it have a greater impact on Chroma's playstyle based on energy color. Heat will improve offensive ability, Electric will grant the ability to regain energy, Toxin will grant the ability to regain health, and Cold will improve defensive ability. The idea behind this is to have there be more ways for him to contribute to a team, and give him more variety in builds.

BEFORE YOU EXPRESS DISTASTE FOR MY INDIVIDUAL CHOICES; please look at the rest of the rework first. I intended to make the abilities depend on/affect each other- think Limbo rework, Nidus, or Octavia. Those are the standards I am trying to meet with this rework, so judging the abilities individually is not a valid critique.

1. Spectral Scream

50 energy, 500 Damage, 100% status, 20m range (5-15m wide cone).

Each Enemy hit increases Vex Armor's Scorn and Fury ratings by 1 stage.

Spectral Scream is now a single-cast attack, and does not slow down or restrict movement, aside from interrupting/preventing melee or ranged attacks/reload.

1(while 4 is active). Spectral Fury

25 energy, 6 Duration, 15m range.

No cast animation. Has a 3-second delay between recasts. Buff is applied to all allies within 15m radius on cast. Grants 50% damage reduction, as well as +20% extra elemental damage matching Chroma’s energy color. Each Melee hit while this ability is active increase Vex Armor’s Fury by 1.

REASONING: It never made sense to me for Chroma to keep his firebreath after he deploys Effigy; his dragon-half. Plus, this ability is supposed to act as a counter to dumping Duration to favor the rest of Chroma’s kit (minus Elemental Ward). It’s supposed to act as a “hit and run” style ability. I also thought it would fit pelt-less Chroma’s Knight-like appearance thematically.

2. Elemental Ward

50 energy, 20 Duration, 12 aura (to effect allies). Effects differ greatly based on energy color.

HEAT: Adds +20% flat Status and Critical Chances. Bonuses are affected by (*warframe) mods.

ELECTRIC: Killed enemies will release a chain of electricity that will strike any warframe within 5m, and restore 2 energy. Shock range and energy restoration are affected by mods.

TOXIN: Adds 2.5% Lifesteal to melee. Enemies killed by warframe's affected by elemental ward have a 50% chance of spawning a health orb. Lifesteal and drop chance are affected by mods.

COLD: nothing changes; same as original. This is because it’s already good enough.

REASONING: I think elemental ward was wasted potential with it’s flat buffs to health, shield, armor, and… reload speed? Anyway, it really shouldn’t be just a ability that “makes Vex Armor better”, and have better team synergy- a reason to build into Range.

3. Vex Armor

50 Energy + 2-10/sec. (Yes, Vex Armor is now a Channeled ability)
Vex Armor starts at 2 energy per second, and increases with the higher of Fury and Scorn to a max of 10 per second when one of them reaches max.

Scorn is increased whenever Chroma takes damage to shields or health: +0.25% to a maximum of 350% (meaning Chroma needs to take 600 damage to max Scorn)

Fury is increased whenever Chroma kills and enemy: 1.75% per enemy killed to a max of 175% (meaning 100 enemies need to be killed to max Fury- Yes, that is a lot, I know.) Fury also affects Spectral Scorn's damage and Effigy's damage.

Alternatively, Enemies Struck by Spectral Scream increase both Scorn and Fury by 1 rating for each enemy hit- equal to taking 1 damage for Scorn, or Killing 1 enemy for Fury.

REASONING: Because changing Vex Armor to a channeled ability is a MASSIVE buff, as he is able to keep his buffs and easily maintain energy via Rage, I decided to make it take much longer to max out it's potential- making it more rewarding to keep Vex Armor going and make it very punishing to lose that momentum. I've also made Spectral Scream a vital part of this ability- making a player think twice before dumping range. Being in a situation where Chroma cannot kill enemies easily to increase Fury will make Spectral Scream vital to catching up.

4. Effigy

100 Energy (single cast, no channeling), 300 damage/tick, 30 duration, 20m Attack range, 30m Stun Range-- ALL affected by mods. Any kills by made by Effigy count towards Vex Armor. Effigy still cuts Chroma’s armor and increases his speed.

Additionally, Effigy will have another effect along with the Credit drop chance that changes based on energy color. Heat will grant +10% damage, Electric will grant +1 Energy regen, Toxin will grant +2 Health regen, and Cold will grant +10% damage reduction, to all allies within 30m. Range and Strength of buffs are affected by mods.

I personally think “Guided Effigy” was a poorly executed idea. Instead, it should grant the ability for Chroma to “pick up” Effigy and have it follow him- (NOT like a sentinel: more like a Kavat/Kubrow) attacking enemies as it goes. It would have a small energy drain; like 2.5/second.

REASONING: Effigy is simply far too costly for what it does, on top of the face that it greatly reduces his survivability be cutting his armor in half. Simple as that.

---

Thanks for taking the time to read. I understand that Chroma has been mentioned as someone who is going to “get a look”. Better to make our voices heard for what we want rather than get all pessimistic about "nerfing", don’t you think?

I love your rework. Push this to the devs... I'm serious.

4 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

How useless and full of negativity in a simple word. His rework is far better than everything I've seen. The only thing I would add is the ability to switch elements in game via the Quiver treatment for Spectral Scream.

DE has confirmed that Chroma will be getting a rework. For 2017, they have Hydroid (up next), Chroma and Zephyr (next female Prime)

rework != overhaul. Oberon got a rework but he stayed the same. Chroma will probably get tweaks to his 1 and 2, and his 3rd will be repaired. but I, and I'm sure many others, hope for nothing drastic.

If it were not for Nullies, I wouldn't mind Vex armor being channeled. But since they exist, I can only imagine killing 100 enemies and then a Scomba erases all that simply because he's near you.

I admire the effort but no. I feel this would ruin my Fire Chroma. I love Fire Chroma and I wouldn't want this for him.

The one thing I don't get is that people insist on doing major changes to Vex Armor and Elemental Ward when they are two great abilities that work well together and don't need a change. But some people feel they do because they work too well together? What? They have too much synergy? If people wanna buff Spectral Scream and Effigy, that makes sense but why try to fix something that working well? Remember the saying if it's not broke don't fix it?

Other than that, I like you Spectral Scream second ability. Still want his regular 1 changed. Rather have it be a quick CC ability then a channeled damage beam.