Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More voice acting?

Thenicestpsycho

The silent protagnist isn't "okay", it's a must.

As for the rest, i totally agree, but this has got to be far, faaar down on their backlog. I wouldn't expect more voicework until we are way into open beta, or even close to release.

Next one, perhaps, should be internal utility speakers for the grineer asteroid base, just as we have for the corpus ships.

The silent protagnist isn't "okay", it's a must.

I don't know, I think you could have some Tenno voice acting implimented. Start off small - have unique voices for each gender, and a few individual actors, and have context-based voice actions for in-game. Say, drop a waypoint on a mod, and your Tenno says, "Mod here!" or when you initiate a hack, they say, "Accessing security network". Just little things like that.

I'm not necessarily voting for that to happen but I think its a valid option.

Lotus' voice and personality don't fit the universe. Not saying the voice actress they picked doesn't have talent, it's just doesn't seem any better than picking up some random person from the street(as it stands). Like I said in a previous thread about her. The art behind her gives off this more diety like feel so that's the direction I think they should go with in.

Ninjas have no need for speech. Specially space ones.

Let me paint you a picture.

Fast forward a bit until the Devs have implimented a full-featured Stealth system. You are Ash, sneaking around with some sick new melee weapon because in the new system you can stealth-kill enemies to remain undetected. You are sneaking through a ship, when you see a group of three Grineer. You wall-run up to a catwalk, jump across to a support beam, and lie in wait as the patrol comes near. You drop down, landing on one Grineer with an Air Kill, and Shuriken the second. By the time the third turns to you, you've already Smoke Bombed yourself so he can't see you. All he sees are two dead friends - one with his skull split down to his clavicle, the other with his neck severed by the shuriken. The Grineer stumbles back, shooting wildly and cries, "WHERE ARE YOU?!"

You teleport behind him, and Ash says, in a husky voice that would make the Devil himself look under his bed at night, "Right behind you."

</scene>

Served.

yes but that example only fits with a cutscene. sure its possible with more advanced ai but that takes time and what would cue the ash to say that would you or would he just be responding by himself. in which case how would your shut him up if you didnt want him to die.

if they talked they would be seen. sure some contextual stuff like the mods or other things as well would make sense if no one was using voip. which most people dont because its really loud right now.

not saying it does not have a place just that it nees to be implemented corectly.

as wwell some people would love to be annoying with this. "PILLS HERE"

Let me paint you a picture.

Fast forward a bit until the Devs have implimented a full-featured Stealth system. You are Ash, sneaking around with some sick new melee weapon because in the new system you can stealth-kill enemies to remain undetected. You are sneaking through a ship, when you see a group of three Grineer. You wall-run up to a catwalk, jump across to a support beam, and lie in wait as the patrol comes near. You drop down, landing on one Grineer with an Air Kill, and Shuriken the second. By the time the third turns to you, you've already Smoke Bombed yourself so he can't see you. All he sees are two dead friends - one with his skull split down to his clavicle, the other with his neck severed by the shuriken. The Grineer stumbles back, shooting wildly and cries, "WHO ARE YOU?!"

You teleport behind him, and Ash says, in a husky voice that would make the Devil himself look under his bed at night, "I'm Batm...Ash."

</scene>

Served.

FYP xD

Edited by ruivoml