[DE]Rebecca

Drop Rates, Datamines, and Digital Extremes (DDD).

whaaat c_c

poor hemmo is missing something in me headlibrary .-.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Really glad to hear of the progress you're making towards making the numbers clear. For a lot of people numbers don't mean much but there are those, myself included where numbers and unspecified mechanics really shape the opinion we're going to have on something.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 42

You know what would be awesome? Just an idea ... On the screen you choose the relic drop, could have the ducats value of each piece, this could help who is farming prime items just for Baro.

• Upvote 51

9 minutes ago, Buldozers said:

You should really add colors for fissure rewards so we don't have to memorize all the items ducat price value.

They did a while ago.

• Upvote 14

Thanks DE.

First time I like to say GOOD JOB.

(Except lore quests they are always awesome :-) )

BUT I like to know 1 thing.

Spoiler

What does the fox say?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

It's good that you will show Spy rewards too, we couldn't actually see that before.

• Upvote 1

As someone who has invested untold hours maintaining tables on the wiki, I vigorously welcome DE's participation in making sure that the information disseminated to players is accurate and accessible. Openness with players means that more time can be spent actually playing the game, which is to everyone's benefit.

I'm hoping that increasing the amount of information conveyed to players (oh god, are we actually talking about this really happening?) will involve reviewing and standardizing how information is displayed in the game client. Because right now, there are no standards at all. I've made feedback threads to this effect (see here and here), but it's obviously not been a priority.

My suggestion/request: it's 2017, and I know that the impulse will likely be to make the presentation of data as slick as possible. It is my hope that whatever data is presented will also be made available in a simple text format, for those of use who tend to process it for manipulation elsewhere (the wiki, a spreadsheet, etc). I hate having to key data that I could be copying-and-pasting instead.

Edited by pauli133
  • Upvote 58

10 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Soon we'll have a webpage that is automated to drop provide information for those who seek it - this screenshot is just proof of concept that we've got something in the works (using real data with effective rarity % in this particular vault!).

Any plan to also add this detailed drop information directly into the game, like the codex? While a webpage with this information would be a nice quick fix I would prefer having access to this information in the game.

• Upvote 20

6 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

They did a while ago.

Cool. Then I can finally farm fissures without headaches.

• Upvote 1

Any plans of making all this data available as json or something thats easily machine readable so the community can make their own viewers for it (websites, discord bots etc). This will most likely happen sooner or later anyway (see trials leaderboard vs 3rd party sites that track them). It would be nice to keep that in mind when designing that site / service. 

Edited by Pegasy
  • Upvote 17

Hoping Riven Dispositions'll be up on that site, too, but I guess that's somewhat unlikely, huh.

Regardless, just showing us 5 levels of different strength for such an RNG-reliant system as Rivens... sure feels insufficient.

And, as some suggested, it wouldn't be too difficult to ask the dataminers to only release the content that's already in-game. Post-Umbra, I guess, but asking can't hurt.

Edited by Exterminator
  • Upvote 19

18 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What's next will be the damage stats you can't see (ex. Exalted Weapons) which we may rely on adding to the Wikia (however temporarily) all in the name of empowering our players who value these stats to build as detailed as they want.

Wish we could just move forward and acknowledge that there's so many weapon exclusive or weapon only mods that doesn't work with exalted that we could start working on having proper modding for those weapons.

• Upvote 11

2 minutes ago, Exterminator said:

Hoping Riven Dispositions'll be up on that site, too, but I guess that's somewhat unlikely, huh.

Regardless, just showing us 5 levels of different strength for such an RNG-reliant system as Rivens... sure feels insufficient.

They really should show us the real number for riven disposition.

• Upvote 13

Neat. Considering how many stats/mechanics/etc aren't explicitly stated, I would expect this sort of thing to take a while to get up and running. I, for one, am willing to be patient. However, I'd like to offer a bit of advice:

Prioritize anything and everything that's coming in the Harrow update and Brute Force unvaulting

Or just throw all the relevant information into the patch notes. Either way works for me.

• Upvote 6