[DE]Rebecca

Drop Rates, Datamines, and Digital Extremes (DDD).

I'm scared about this thread getting deleted by one of the mods for going "off topic" because that's what always happens in threads that could hurt DE in some way. 

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Spooky_Shuck said:

To put this as politely as I can, however; I am unsure how you can carry yourself in this discussion so arrogantly, as if you are dropping truth bombs, or whatever 'spilling tea' means, when you've really not demonstrated the comprehensive knowledge you'd need to back up such a self-assured tone.

I'm not exactly SURE that you realize that you know who you're talking to. If you're referencing Rob, as in from agayguyplays, thats ME bud. And, personally I'm a bit too busy creating content and streaming to be dealing with this here. Check your facts! Kthnxbai!! <3 <3 XO XO

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Chino_Feo_1337 said:

I'm scared about this thread getting deleted by one of the mods for going "off topic" because that's what always happens in threads that could hurt DE in some way. 

Except it kinda is going off topic. The main point of this thread was about sharing information about drop rates and percentages and it's blown up into the legal actions of cease and desist, which is not of our business to be honest. b

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ditto132 said:

Shotgun riven 1.6% drop chance -_-  

Thanks for putting up that info btw. I also realized that the 4th resource booster is not in the drops which is the my most preferred one.

Edited by AbhijitSM
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Except it kinda is going off topic. The main point of this thread was about sharing information about drop rates and percentages and it's blown up into the legal actions of cease and desist, which is not of our business to be honest. b

Because the community naturally wants to talk about that. I guess it's just wandering off into what it's meant to wander off to: A member for the community that some of us believe is very important has been personally attacked by digital extremes and we want, to express our concerns. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, GhostLacuna said:

You clearly are not even trying to understand what me and others have explained to you. 

range is important because it affects how many enemies you can hit.  The mods reach and primed reach does not in fact increase range the same way on all weapons. 

polearms, whips and staves get an amazing size increase on their hitboxes. So much that most of them extend out from the physical model 10 meters across. 

the galatine prime reach around 4 meters with primed reach if i recall right. 

Also yes trhere are weapons that haver such a small range that even primed reach wont do jack S#&amp;&#036;. obex is a prime example of this. 

This is the statement that started this whole conversation.

But where can I find range of melee weapons?

I ask what are you going to do with that stat?

And your reply is, "Adding range gives your weapon a longer reach!" Yeah, it does... everyone knows that. Why are you replying by say more range is mo better? Who said it wasnt?

I am asking why do you need to know the range stat of melee weapons. I didnt ask is range good. You dont need stats to know how pole arms get longer reach than anything else. Playing the game will show you this.

As for my example about crit rates..... well you clearly have problems reading basic information if you cant understand basic erxamples. 

but lets make it as damn basic as we can. 

15% crit chance on exalted blade is not meh and never will be me. 

quote me saying 15% crit chance on EB is meh.

I have explained this several times i dont know why this is ignored.

I will repost an explanation from another post for ease of reading.

Im pretty sure my question is clear in what i am asking. Dont know what exactly you are taking from it to translate to me saying 15% crit is bad.Is it enough to mod for crit for a weapon with meh crit?I am asking if the EB bonus, the 15%, will give you a wider range of weapons to use for you min/maxers. Does it mean that you can equip a weapon with meh crit. A weapon with meh crit. A WEAPON WITH MEH CRIT.Is this the part that's confusing, somehow? I am asking if it's fine to use a weapon that doesnt have high crit but average (meh) crit.Do you understand now? Cause i dont it can make it any clearer.

FIRE RATE. 

You quite clearly have no idea how it works. Nor do you know that all melee weapon speed is counted in fire rate. 

when did i say anything about firerate?

So to answer your question exalted blades crit chance of 15% is not bad and its worth to mod for.

Never said this.

And no there is no way outside very long experiments done by several people in tandem and frame for frame video to find anything near the real numbers by just playing the game. 

So there is a way but it's too long so instead you go do things you are not supposed to.

The you have situations like the chesa kubrow eggs where the found ones didnt even have the code needed for chesas to be one of the outcomes. Only those brought via platinum did. 

Your answer to the whole chesa incident shows you have no idea what happened at all. Since you didnt even know they could not spawn from dropped eggs at all.

where are you getting this from?

What im saying is how the events actually played out. All these events that end with datamining come from people playing first then people later datamining.

But the people that want to datamine conveniently ignore history and rewrite it to their desire.

But by reading your previous posts i doubt you will understand my viewpoint either way since you have ignored basic facts even if we explained them to you over and over.

How can i understand your viewpoint when you are replying to things i have never said?

I for one wont be wasting more of my time explaining basic min/maxing in gaming. 

never ask for people to explain min/maxing.

8 hours ago, blacklusterseph said:

Well this is what I am curious about: If he was asked before to change his practises without any mentions of legality, and he refused to do it, why is a cease and desist so shocking to you?

He was excluded from the DC over two years ago, and DE *stopped* there, deliberately. Hardly an excuse for leaping right to legal threats now. Moreover, the stated reason DE made about hacking is clear nonsense.

Makes exactly as much sense as one of my old Landlords. Who banned pictures from being hung on the walls (no nails) -  fair enough!. Who was routinely in the place, but suddenly a year later issued everyone with blu-tacked posters on the wall with notice to leave! Because it made the house "look grubby".

Mak_Gohae - Hypocrite more, secret-dataminer!

Edited by DawnFalcon
tidied up
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, DawnFalcon said:

Mak_Gohae - Critizing Math now?

when did i criticized math? post it.

Oh dear. As you try and justify the Chessa incident with handwaving.

When did i "handwave" the chesa incident? post it.

No, 100% found with datamining.

Nope.

Here's a reddit post discussing this and featuring void glitch. Look at the dates. There are 2 post a month before the datamine mentioning the egg situation.

All these events follow the same pattern where people playing the game see the issue then the datamine comes after to further prove it.

1 hour ago, Mak_Gohae said:

<handwaving>

edit: oh his issue was VG shared. Well.

Edited by DawnFalcon
his "side"
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DawnFalcon said:

"Post my post"

"Post my post"

A lie.

show proof that i said those made up statements you claim i said. 

Why cant you? 

And yes, let's look why people had *any idea* something was wrong.

Yes, this is what i am asking.

You just want people to waste their time, as you make up stories. Well. If you hate Warframe players that much...

You made a claim that the chesa egg situation was all datamining. 

I just showed you proof, featuring void glitch, that shows your statement is incorrect. Through playtesting people caught the situation first THEN datamining came in later. 

Now it's time for you to back up your claim showing info backing your story. 

It's likely that you will not because all you do is make claims with no backing to mess around, i guess. 

Dont know how this is supposed to help your pro-numbers side, if you are on that side. Or maybe you are here with the purpose to make those people look bad for some reason. 

3 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

This is the statement that started this whole conversation.

But where can I find range of melee weapons?

I ask what are you going to do with that stat?

And your reply is, "Adding range gives your weapon a longer reach!" Yeah, it does... everyone knows that. Why are you replying by say more range is mo better? Who said it wasnt?

I am asking why do you need to know the range stat of melee weapons. I didnt ask is range good. You dont need stats to know how pole arms get longer reach than anything else. Playing the game will show you this.

quote me saying 15% crit chance on EB is meh.

I have explained this several times i dont know why this is ignored.

I will repost an explanation from another post for ease of reading.

Im pretty sure my question is clear in what i am asking. Dont know what exactly you are taking from it to translate to me saying 15% crit is bad.Is it enough to mod for crit for a weapon with meh crit?I am asking if the EB bonus, the 15%, will give you a wider range of weapons to use for you min/maxers. Does it mean that you can equip a weapon with meh crit. A weapon with meh crit. A WEAPON WITH MEH CRIT.Is this the part that's confusing, somehow? I am asking if it's fine to use a weapon that doesnt have high crit but average (meh) crit.Do you understand now? Cause i dont it can make it any clearer.

when did i say anything about firerate?

Never said this.

So there is a way but it's too long so instead you go do things you are not supposed to.

where are you getting this from?

What im saying is how the events actually played out. All these events that end with datamining come from people playing first then people later datamining.

But the people that want to datamine conveniently ignore history and rewrite it to their desire.

How can i understand your viewpoint when you are replying to things i have never said?

never ask for people to explain min/maxing.

OH ffs get it in your damn head once and for all damn time eternal 

A melee weapons critical chance has zip nada nothing to do with exalted blades damn crit chance. 

I have explained this to you a total of 4 different times now. 

THIS  is what i mean with you not even understanding basic fact.

LETS make it damn @(*()&#036; clear this time and i mean toodler damn level of reading comprehension.

ALL EXALTED WEAPONS CRITICAL CHANCE IS 100% INDEPENDENT OF THE WEAPON THAT HOLDS THE MODS THAT  AFFECT IT!!

How the hell can that be so damn hard to understand. 

so you can bring a damn weapon that has 0% critical chance for all exalted blade care it has its own critical chance of 15% which can be increased toi 24% as true steel affect it while blood rush and body count does not. 

you can also take a weapon that has 30% critical hit chance like tekko and it wont do anything for exalted blade either. 

As for melee range it has all to do with limited mod space. 

Lesion is one of the best status weapons around but its also the pole arm with the least range of all of them. it cant even come close to the max range of orthos prime so primed reach is waste on it. 

That is why we need to know rage on melee weapons. Because not all weapons in the same category have the same ranges. 

And yes you never said anything about fire rate because you dont even know how its handled by the game.

an chromatic blade excalibur at 180% power str has 100% status on exalted blade. 

without any attack speed mods it will take 30 seconds(or 33 corrosive procs) to strip a level 140 heavy gunner of all armor. 

Now all those attack speed mods are doing is increasing the fire rate of your melee weapon or exalted abilities. 

so lets add primed fury +55 attack speed

now it takes 19 second to strip that armor

but since we dont need blood rush etc we add berzerker as per my previous examples. 

that is a increase of another 75% at 3 stacks

now we are down to 11 seconds to strip armor of a level 140 heavy gunner. 

the reason i brought up fire rate is due to how status works in this game. 

something you do know if you would use the real numbers.

Besides its not like you would know that Chromatic Blade where at all affected by power strength if you just looked ingame. 

it just state it changes its damage type according to the energy color of Excalibur and add an 50% increased status chance. 

but once again its not even stated if its a multiplicative bonus or a additive. 

As for the chesa incident. I cant even put into words how ignorant your comment was. 

Edited by GhostLacuna
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

<<stuff>>

I'd like to see PROOF you haven't got some private datamining going on. After all, your logic makes perfect sense if you have information others don't and thus are simply out to embrass people with "high number" in-game, See, I can do your sort of conspiracy theory as well. Go ahead, disprove it. Or I'll take it as given in future. Tick-tock, "private datamining only" side man!

Edited by DawnFalcon
brevity
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GhostLacuna said:

OH ffs get it in your damn head once and for all damn time eternal 

A melee weapons critical chance has zip nada nothing to do with exalted blades damn crit chance. 

I have explained this to you a total of 4 different times now. 

THIS  is what i mean with you not even understanding basic fact.

LETS make it damn @(*()&#036; clear this time and i meed toodler damn level of reading comprehension.

ALL EXALTED WEAPONS CRITICAL CHANCE IS 100% INDEPENDENT OF THE WEAPON THAT HOLDS THE MODS THAT  AFFECT IT!!

How the hell can that be so damn hard to understand. 

so you can bring a damn weapon that has 0% critical chance for all exalted blade care it has its own critical chance of 15% which can be increased toi 24% as true steel affect it while blood rush and body count does not. 

you can also take a weapon that was 30% critical hit chance like tekko and it wont do anything for exalted blade either. 

i acknowledge already that the weapon stats dont effect EB but for some reason you chose to make the claim that i said 15% crit is meh when i didnt. 

I asked that question when i didnt know, it was explained and it's all cool, but you went on to claim i said 15% crit is meh when i didnt. So the explanation has a timeline of how the events happened which include the first question when i didnt know weapon stats did mess with EB. 

Dont know why there's a hopping back and forth about it. 

Where we stand. 

I know now that weapon stats dont mess with EB. 

But i never said 15% crit is meh. 

Can we move on?

As for melee range it has all to do with limited mod space. 

Lesion is one of the best status weapons around but its also the pole arm with the least range of all of them. it cant even come close to the max range of orthos prime so primed reach is waste on it. 

That is why we need to know rage on melee weapons. Because not all weapons in the same category have the same ranges. 

Finally we get some kinda of explanation. 

But that just brings another question, so because it's not as long as the longest weapons you dont care about getting a bigger range? Why? Doesnt the extra range it gets help at all? 

And yes you never said anything about fire rate because you dont even know how its handled by the game.

an chromatic blade excalibur at 180% power str has 100% status on exalted blade. 

without any attack speed mods it will take 30 seconds(or 33 corrosive procs) to strip a level 140 heavy gunner of all armor. 

Now all those attack speed mods are doing is increasing the fire rate of your melee weapon or exalted abilities. 

so lets add primed fury +55 attack speed

now it takes 19 second to strip that armor

but since we dont need blood rush etc we add berzerker as per my previous examples. 

that is a increase of another 75% at 3 stacks

now we are down to 11 seconds to strip armor of a level 140 heavy gunner. 

the reason i brought up fire rate is due to how status works in this game. 

something you do know if you would use the real numbers.

Besides its not like you would know that Chromatic Blade where at all affected by power strength if you just looked ingame. 

it just state it changes its damage type according to the energy color of Excalibur and add an 50% increased status chance. 

but once again its not even stated if its a multiplicative bonus or a additive. 

No, i didnt bring up firerate because that's not part of the conversation im having. You cant just randomly drop it and make claims about me on it when i never brought it up or it's the conversation im having. 

This is like me suddenly claiming you dont understand colors out of nowhere and continue on talking about it. 

You never brought up colors and this conversation has nothing to do about colors. 

As for the chesa incident. I cant even put into words how ignorant your comment was. 

Here is my proof that i posted already featuring Void Glitch that shows playtesting came first then datamine came later.

If you have info that states something opposite to this please post it. 

So, your issue is it showed up in public the stuff you wanted as a dataminer to be secret then. Well. Ignoring you now, hypocrite. (And no, I don't care about post times etc, why should I?). Don't you quote my posts either!

My ignore count - 3, 2 from this thread.

Edited by DawnFalcon
  • Upvote 1

(And no, I don't care about post times etc, why should I?)

Yes, why care about how the events actually happened?

It's better to push a made up story so what you want ends up happening, right?

Seriously, do not know why you are trying to accomplish here. 

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Yes, dataminer, what do you care? You just want less informartion for the peons... your story and your glee at getting the data away must predominate. ... how many other players are you trying to drive away?

Onto your game of not accepting being ignored, you'll go on and on... (say, we know VG found issues...so...)

Anyway, back to talking to people who are being sensible  - GhostLacuna, there's no point. Trying to explain why being able to easily determine some stuff without hours of experimentation (often wrong, of course) is good, so players can set themselves goals in the game which don't involve everyone standing and slowly moving towards crates or shooting mobs for a few hours in the syncularum to try and determine one mechanic...

Edited by DawnFalcon
a sudden thought
  • Upvote 3

Onto your game of harassment now, you won't even accept being ignored, you'll go on and on...

Im replying to people that are talking to me. If you dont want to talk to me dont talk to me or about me. 

8 minutes ago, DawnFalcon said:

Trying to explain why being able to easily determine some stuff without hours of experimentation (often wrong, of course) is good

So this is it, right?

You want stuff now, forget playing the game and play testing. 

Wow. 

6 hours ago, Operative_Shift said:

I'm not exactly SURE that you realize that you know who you're talking to. If you're referencing Rob, as in from agayguyplays, thats ME bud. And, personally I'm a bit too busy creating content and streaming to be dealing with this here. Check your facts! Kthnxbai!! <3 <3 XO XO

Such arrogance. Pfft

I'll be dead sure to not click one of your vid anymore, not even with a 10 miles stick.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Operative_Shift said:

"you know who you're talking to" ?

i believe he's talking to someone who plays warframe and makes youtube/twitch content. much like everyone else here.

don't let that "fame" swell your head. you'll end up saying things you regret, regardless of "who you are."

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)Shodian said:

well the way this thread is going i'd swear we had senior counselmen inside here. i'm about to pick one of them for consultation too.

legendary stuff.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Church002 said:

"you know who you're talking to" ?

i believe he's talking to someone who plays warframe and makes youtube/twitch content. much like everyone else here.

don't let that "fame" swell your head. you'll end up saying things you regret, regardless of "who you are."

LOL I don't think you quite grasp exactly what happened.. This poster started talking to ANOTHER poster assuming that it was ME. It wasn't. So when I say "you know who you're talking to" I'm literally asking him, because he was referring to someone as ROB.. when that person wasn't me.

Please, get your facts straight before you start sending that kind of attitude my way.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Operative_Shift said:

LOL I don't think you quite grasp exactly what happened.. This poster started talking to ANOTHER poster assuming that it was ME. It wasn't. So when I say "you know who you're talking to" I'm literally asking him, because he was referring to someone as ROB.. when that person wasn't me.

Please, get your facts straight before you start sending that kind of attitude my way.

Spooky_shuck was clear of whom he was responding to exactly, which was sinisteran, and NOT you. He referenced you and your opinions on the datamining several times, but never referred to sinisteran as "Rob". In his response, he called sinisteran arrogant (see separation of quotes)

It is right there for everyone to read. Its not my facts; its there in black and white.

So I'm not sure what you're even upset about, since if you understood what he wrote, you'd clearly see he never called you anything of the sort. But the vibe I'm getting from you now, is that maybe he should have. You should consider what you're saying and how it sounds, especially now.

And by the way, I'm not sending anything your way. Never have and never will. I hope you get that straight.

• Upvote 6

Only took a fire under your butt as a entity blindly looking away for 5 years to notice the horde of players who wanted accurate percentiles and less obfuscated info?

And now you're able to drum up a info WIP days before tennocon to placate the masses because oops, we made a scene?

I guess.... I'm appreciative of the effort, and extremely upset that this is what it took to finally bring us the data.

<EXTREMES>

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Church002 said:

Spooky_shuck was clear of whom he was responding to exactly, which was sinisteran, and NOT you. He referenced you and your opinions on the datamining several times, but never referred to sinisteran as "Rob". In his response, he called sinisteran arrogant (see separation of quotes)

ROFLMAO, you may want to read it again. He attributed me to speaking on DE's intellectual property & copyright, things about Canadian Fair use, and quoting one of SINISTERAN's quotes and saying "What the hell Rob?"  Note, that in my video I did not speak on copyright or Canada's laws. He was not quoting any of my work.. so he sure as hell was NOT making reference to anything that I've posted.

Now.. I don't know what YOUR issue is, but clearly he DID think it was me, and my response was not one driven by arrogance but one asking if he knew that he was attributing that post to the wrong person. I mean.. feel free to hate me all you like, but make sure you're hating me for the right reasons. 

Edited by Operative_Shift
  • Upvote 2

Well, all of this is going swell so far.

At this rate tennocon is going to turn into a press conference.

• Upvote 4