Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was Nekros buffed? Can Volt be buffed?

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

A few days ago, i saw a nekros with SOD eximus units. Now, maybe it was a bug. Maybe its an augment mod. Idk. But thats one useless nerf gone.

So.

Can Volt finally aircast discharge again please? In augment or bug form, i really dont mind. 

P.s. great job on Nekros, please do something about soul punch though. Its not good. Never was. For any one who says it is, your also saying fire ball is good. Because if you havent relised now, DE recycles things sometimes, and when Nekros was put into the game, fire ball is the crappy material soul punch was made from...but, maybe not, lets just say its a great ability as is...good job DE.

11 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Its not a bug its intended. I wouldn't be opposed to volt being able to air cast discharge again.

Soul punch is good, quick CC. Nothin wrong with that. its cheap and spammable.

Like iron jab, but thats bad too to me....

I understand its uses when i need it, like when i need to get 60 finisher kills in a day for a riven, but nothing in my loadout i brought will knock anything down without killing it....

I just dont....there is a disconnect for me, from what some people consider first abilities and what i consider first abilities, because i was spoiled by infamous, the first game i played where i had "super powers". Nothing really compares...warframe is the second game...

1 hour ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

A few days ago, i saw a nekros with SOD eximus units. Now, maybe it was a bug. Maybe its an augment mod. Idk. But thats one useless nerf gone.

So.

Can Volt finally aircast discharge again please? In augment or bug form, i really dont mind. 

P.s. great job on Nekros, please do something about soul punch though. Its not good. Never was. For any one who says it is, your also saying fire ball is good. Because if you havent relised now, DE recycles things sometimes, and when Nekros was put into the game, fire ball is the crappy material soul punch was made from...but, maybe not, lets just say its a great ability as is...good job DE.

it was added some update ago, i think with oberon prime more or less

and also inaros can summon sand eximus

Volt could certainly get a LOT of buffs without the risk of becoming Overpowered:

Passive:

• Remove cap
  • Also builds up from wallrunning
  • Only remove the charge when dealing damage to ENEMIES, not when attacking thin air or when only destroying crates.

Shock:

• Now the FIRST point attacked is ALWAYS where you aim (not randomly aiming for you, it's annoying and disruptive)
  • New Augment: Static Shock - Enemies struck by Shock are continuously dragged towards other enemies, for 5/6/7/8 seconds. Pull radius is 3/4/5/6 meter (This pull-effect is like Magnetize, so no hard CC, but it continously tries to pull them closer, in this case, towards enemies. This augment is meant to help with grouping up enemies, perfect for Discharge's damage output, for example)
  • Power Duration now affects number of targets it can bounce over to.

Speed

• Also affects holster speed and casting speed

Electric Shield

• Riot shield is slightly wider
  • Riot shield no longer restricts you to secondaries
  • Riot shield pauses the duration of the picked up shield
  • Riot shield energy drain halfed and no longer drains extra energy based on distance travelled
  • Riot shield movement penalty made slightly less severe
  • Augment now adds +1/2/3/4 max shields placeable (to compensate for the fact that your allies might run off with well placed defenses)

Discharge

• Aircastable (he floats up in the animation anyway...)
  • Damage cap removed entirely, but max discharge duration reduced to 8 seconds (down from 12).
  • Shock on Discharged enemies = Struck enemies suffer 50% more damage from the Discharge DoT (This could potentially come at the cost of removing Shock's AoE bonus on Discharge targets?)

17 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Volt could certainly get a LOT of buffs without the risk of becoming Overpowered:

Passive:

• Remove cap
  • Only remove the charge when dealing damage to ENEMIES, not when attacking thin air or when only destroying crates.

Shock:

• Now the FIRST point attacked is ALWAYS where you aim (not randomly aiming for you, it's annoying and disruptive)
  • New Augment: Static Shock - Enemies struck by Shock are continuously dragged towards other enemies, for 5/6/7/8 seconds. Pull radius is 3/4/5/6 meter (This pull-effect is like Magnetize, so no hard CC, but it continously tries to pull them closer, in this case, towards enemies. This augment is meant to help with grouping up enemies, perfect for Discharge's damage output, for example)

Speed

Electric Shield

• Riot shield energy drain halfed and no longer drains extra energy based on distance travelled
  • Augment now adds +1/2/3/4 max shields placeable (to compensate for the fact that your allies might run off with well placed defenses)

Discharge

• Damage cap removed entirely, but max discharge duration reduced to 8 seconds (down from 12).
  • Shock on Discharged enemies = Struck enemies suffer 50% more damage from the Discharge DoT (This could potentially come at the cost of removing Shock's AoE bonus on Discharge targets?)

ewYyvmw_700wa_0.gif

18 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

ewYyvmw_700wa_0.gif

Lol, glad you liked those suggestions :P

Note that the Shock+Discharge synergy is the only thing I'm not sure about. It would be cool if they had some kind of synergy, but I dunno what, I just proposed something that would be a bit more noticeable than the current one.

Wether it's through some synergy-interaction between them, or by differentiating the two abilities a bit more, I think giving him some more nuking potency (hugely problematic to make a thing though, due to how Electric resistance and armor works currently) on one of the abilities certainly wouldn't hurt. Imo, it should come through the synergy-interaction between the two (thus the proposed change, even though I'm still uncertain about it)

40 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Note that the Shock+Discharge synergy is the only thing I'm not sure about. It would be cool if they had some kind of synergy, but I dunno what, I just proposed something that would be a bit more noticeable than the current one.

Wether it's through some synergy-interaction between them, or by differentiating the two abilities a bit more, I think giving him some more nuking potency (hugely problematic to make a thing though, due to how Electric resistance and armor works currently) on one of the abilities certainly wouldn't hurt. Imo, it should come through the synergy-interaction between the two (thus the proposed change, even though I'm still uncertain about it)

Your suggested synergy sounds good, other than that the only thing what comes to my mind is adding the old shock augement into discharge.

Shocking a discharged enemy releases an energy wave (affected by range) what grants +50% electric damage to all allies for discharges duration.

44 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Your suggested synergy sounds good, other than that the only thing what comes to my mind is adding the old shock augement into discharge.

Shocking a discharged enemy releases an energy wave (affected by range) what grants +50% electric damage to all allies for discharges duration.

I think there will be multiple augments for each ability later, so no need to merge Shock's old augment into Discharge (neither at a base or as an augment), as the old augment for Shock would remain.

28 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

I think there will be multiple augments for each ability later, so no need to merge Shock's old augment into Discharge (neither at a base or as an augment), as the old augment for Shock would remain.

Oh i though you replaced the old augement since no one uses it.

4 hours ago, Azamagon said:

Passive:

• Remove cap

Shock:

Speed

Electric Shield

Discharge

You forgot "Casting Shock on Electric Shield allows Electric Shield to stun enemies that pass through it. It needs that more than anything. I never even noticed the movement penalty.. I mod my Volt for speed anyway...

9 minutes ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

You forgot "Casting Shock on Electric Shield allows Electric Shield to stun enemies that pass through it. It needs that more than anything. I never even noticed the movement penalty.. I mod my Volt for speed anyway...

That's another good one, yes.

There is definitely a speed penalty, which a lot of players also complain about frequently. Personally, I don't mind it too much. So, as a comprise, I only suggested to lessen the penalty a bit :)

6 hours ago, Azamagon said:

Passive:

• Remove cap

Shock:

Speed

Electric Shield

Discharge

Yeah. You can post this itself, and ill help fend off the knights

5 hours ago, Azamagon said:

Are you familiar with the animation on circuitry containers? I feel like that was a missed opportunity...or well, a no brainer. Of course if we were to keep the synergy that is already in place, tesla coiled containers if shocked should float apart like that, actively and aggressively shocking anything nearby. Tesla coiled enemies when shocked might do the same, or do what arc traps do when they are destroyed.

2 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Yeah. You can post this itself, and ill help fend off the knights

I'm sorry for sort of derailing the thread a bit with that post though. It started with me wanting to say that I agreed with giving him an aircastable Discharge, which would certainly be nice, but that I'm of the opinion that he needs WAY more than that to become truly topnotch. Aaaand, there you had my minor wall of text xD

16 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

I'm sorry for sort of derailing the thread a bit with that post though. It started with me wanting to say that I agreed with giving him an aircastable Discharge, which would certainly be nice, but that I'm of the opinion that he needs WAY more than that to become truly topnotch. Aaaand, there you had my minor wall of text xD

Its not derailment. I myself am right now in another thread talking to one of those who thinks asking for air cast on discharge is too much, a little detail that doesnt matter, and i dont know how many times i have had this conversation with how many people, but it will be the death of me.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Edit