Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon small change/buff

-NTB-Cris0407

Please change Oberon :

Make Renewal aura for Oberon not for a Place. (Its painful to buff everyone. (Beacuse he suppose to be buffer, Trinity have Affinity range, Harrow would have to.)

So he can be near ally to give a buff not the place.

Please consider this:

1-Make Renewal as aura.

2-Even after 5Mins ally can take Renewal.

3-Passive is nice, but You are forcing us to play with Kubrow, Kavats like everyone know they still are bad. So add somethin more. (+Status chance would be nice, opposite of Saryn passive!)

Edited by Cris0407

31 minutes ago, ---ZARIMAN--- said:

No. 

Why not? Trying to get renewal on everyone is an absolute pain, because you can't control where everyone goes, and you can't expect them to all pile on you just to get the buff, and even if they do it's easy for them to lose it instantly, so you have to disable the ability and try to get it on everyone again.

He needs a way to get it on people without having to disable it.

3 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Why not? Trying to get renewal on everyone is an absolute pain, because you can't control where everyone goes, and you can't expect them to all pile on you just to get the buff, and even if they do it's easy for them to lose it instantly, so you have to disable the ability and try to get it on everyone again.

Yes, thank you that is what I mean...

14 minutes ago, Cris0407 said:

Maybe both...?

Not much more Oberon seen after "rework" any way...

I actually see lots of Oberons in games, be it survivals, excavs, MD's - w/e. Many are badly built, but that's another story. Oberon is now in a pretty awsome spot. Solo 2h MOT without naramon? - no problem.

32 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Of course you can't, that's why you need to play smart. If your idea of playing Oberon is like Eternal War Valkyr, then I'll pass on that. Oberon now is a GREAT support warframe and also a GOOD solo frame. 

And for those of us who would rather see the energy draw reduced when renewal is attached to other players......hell I'd rather not have it link to other players full stop but your idea basically removes any way of not getting the extra energy draw. 

I have even on occasion specifically avoided triggering renewal near my team because I just know they'll be eating through my energy because of the sheer cost (even with max efficiency) far too high.

Edited by LSG501

I can agree that having the heal be something of a aura to reapply would be nice, as it would help alleviate some of the annoyance of players losing the benefit (like having to dive nullies, comba, or Isolator Bursa spheres). No one is implying Valkyr or Chroma level durability but rather more friendly use of the abilities in a high mobility environment. I would agree that there are more Oberon players than previously as Oberon is now more palatable and in some ways stronger while being reliable as usual; but that is still more Oberon warframes against the large number of Trinity, Loki, and Nova (Excalibur for being a starter).

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

You don't get around it by playing smart. It's not an ability that takes skill. It's simply unwieldy. 

Yes it doesn't take skill, but it takes situational awareness and also awarness of your surroundings, map layout, team healthbars like everyone has to go though doors or small corridors, why not place it there? - they will get it anways, when the team is spread out, when you camp near other its not a problem at all to recast it and lay out the carpet, anyways you will recast it anyhow when you get buffs from team so your armor bonus will increase.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

I have even on occasion specifically avoided triggering renewal near my team because I just know they'll be eating through my energy because of the sheer cost (even with max efficiency) far too high.

I think you mean Nekros SoS players speciffically.

6 minutes ago, ---ZARIMAN--- said:

Yes it doesn't take skill, but it takes situational awareness and also awarness of your surroundings, map layout, team healthbars

No it doesn't. You can be aware of all of those and the ability will still function in an awkward and unwieldy manner.

7 minutes ago, ---ZARIMAN--- said:

like everyone has to go though doors or small corridors, why not place it there? - they will ge

Why are you talking about Hallowed Ground when I'm talking about Renewal? The only way to get Renewal on people who weren't inside the small, slow-moving cast bubble is to deactivate it then try to get them in it again.

On 6/23/2017 at 6:42 AM, AdunSaveMe said:

Trying to get renewal on everyone is an absolute pain,

Yes. It's so difficult to have everyone be within 25m of Oberon when he casts the ability. Getting this wide ranged ability that still applies the heal on people that run through that 25m area long after Oberon casts it is such a pain.

Don't make a non-issue an issue.

Strange is when Renewal is Channeling ability but its still have a Duration.

I mean that when Renewal is on X place it is for X seconds, after X seconds ally CANNOT take renewal but it is still on for these who own it.

Edited by Cris0407

8 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Yes. It's so difficult to have everyone be within 25m of Oberon when he casts the ability. Getting this wide ranged ability that still applies the heal on people that run through that 25m area long after Oberon casts it is such a pain.

You jest, but it is an issue. 25m is not a range that every player will stay in for the entire mission, and they're not all going to drop everything just to group up near you. And it's not "long after Oberon casts it", it only exists until it reaches its max range.

Don't make an issue a non-issue. The ability is counter-intuitive.