Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost's Snow Globe+ Ice Wave Impedance

AlfredAntonio

Guys, I just got the new augment mod for Frost's second ability which is Ice Wave Impedance. It leaves a trail of ice that slows enemies down. However, I'm wondering if the slow would be combined if the enemy is inside Snow Globe (Frost's third ability) + is in contact with Ice Wave Impedance's trail. Any ideas?

Ice Wave Impedance is fun, but personally, I prefer to focus on (Icy) Avalanche.
Because, hey, why slow down when you can freeze them entirely? :P

Max Range & Efficiency (plus Zenurik) means you can keep entire rooms frozen
(and also just wreck the whole tile in Fissures with the Warframe corruption buff),
while the Augment grants your whole Squad a not-insignificant layer of Iron Skin, woot.

• 3 weeks later...

i prefer the ice wave impedance. it stacks the slowing speed of the standard ice wave. you can see it in the simulacrum. if you go without and with ice wave impedance.

it automatically stacks the slow effect without in bubble. and if you do within snow globe it stacks again little more

On 23/6/2017 at 3:39 PM, motorfirebox said:

It stacks, but there's a ceiling on how much you can slow an enemy. I think it caps at 75% or something?

Nope. That's only the cap for some abilities (iirc MPrime, Creeping Terrify and Peaceful Provocation). 

If you stack multiple sources of slow you can basically lock down an enemy as hard as Rhino's Stomp does.

IE the combo of Snow Globe, Ice Wave and augment gets to slow enemies by 96.3%

On 23/6/2017 at 4:28 PM, NinjaZeku said:

Ice Wave Impedance is fun, but personally, I prefer to focus on (Icy) Avalanche.
Because, hey, why slow down when you can freeze them entirely? :P

Because of procs. Freezing prevents proc application. Though you can use it smartly by knocking down people, bleeding them with a melee weapon, and freeze them when the knockdown makes them unalerted. It's a very effective trick with Frost. 

Edited by Autongnosis