Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[request] notification on hiding/deleting posts or any moderator actions on our posts

sulusdacor

since this has not yet happend to one of my posts (as far as i know) this might be already in the forum. from what i experienced today i assume it is not. so here the request:

so can we get a notification/pm automaticly generated if any moderator action is taken with our topics/posts/comments? these could be generic things. the moderator would just click the action and then select some reason out of a list of presets or if needed make a custom one. examples like:

"your message was flaged as spam and therefor moderated by moderatorname. it is now deleted/hidden for the public forums."

"you have been warned for offensive language. this will results in a x day suspension/ban."

all this auto generated messages would go with a:

"for further details on the action please read our guidlines (link to them)."

if editing would be done by a moderator, then i (the user) would see the reason and the original and the edited version to see the difference.

for to aggressive/offensive posts there could be a message that says "your current post has been hidden due to to offensive language (or any other issue). you can repost your current contet if you change your language according to our guidelines ..."

i think the general direction of this is clear and the form this could go in. would like to see this change if it is not already in.

short backstory as to why:

the reason i'm asking is because a few posts in the development workshop topic on datamine+drops got moderated away. (i assume just hidden for further review. so for normal users not visible as far as i know.) some user reposted his content. he stated that his posts were "deleted". for that he had to refresh the forum topic to see that his post was gone. so if any notification like this is already in place he would/should have probably noticed it i assume. (assuming these are auto generated messages with the moderator actions.) especially when done multiple times, since his reposts got the same threatment. but he seemed to have gotten no pm or notification from a moderator for quite a while. maybe he got one at the end, i dont really know.

it should just be a mechanism to let people know content you posted on the forum got altered in any way for x reason. this should give the players a feeling that there comments/input it treated fairly and with respect. it would add some layer of transparency to the moderators actions, which is think is badly needed if not already in place ;)

thx for reading

fight on tenno.

Edited by sulusdacor