Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong's Iron Jab

(PSN)CaptainIMalik

24 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

I feel like this ability should be opt out for an ability that brings more use and maybe instead Iron Jab should actually be apart of his staff. 

Wukong has a lot of abilities from Journey to the West as far as I know so I can definitely see something you can take inspiration from. 

Agree. Apart from Defy, wukong´s kit need some work to make the abilities more useful.

I still don't fully understand how this skill works. And I think a sweeping attack with knockdown may be better than just a jab. But then again, that is already in his ult.

What about we switch out the slam attacks from his ult and use that as the first ability, coz those slams are annoying. Maybe even have the combo part of the ability as well like Atlast. 

Edited by InDueTime-EN-
typo

I think the problem with Iron Jab is the low base range. 10m long, but only a 2m area of effect? Basically if the enemy is 12m away from you or 2m to the side on a diagonal, nothing happens.

It gets worse if you go for builds that maximise his other abilities, like a Duration/Efficiency/Strength build for Primal Fury completely messes with the area of effect for Iron Jab.

What it can do is cut down the area that the staff effects to only a meter, or even 0.65 meters if you go full duration. What this means is that anything that's not precisely 10m away from you and in your direct line of sight when you cast, it doesn't do anything. Even just 1 meter to the side or further away than the staff's 10m extension and nothing happens to the enemy.

If I wanted to fix the ability... I couldn't without turning it into Banshee's Sonic Boom. This really does need some kind of direct attack that's better than the current.

On 6/28/2017 at 11:15 PM, Thaylien said:

If I wanted to fix the ability... I couldn't without turning it into Banshee's Sonic Boom. This really does need some kind of direct attack that's better than the current.

Hmm. The base distance range could definitely improve.

I have always wanted Iron Jab to at least have an effect during Primal Fury, where casting Iron Jab would cause the summoned staff to get a bonus weapon length buff (on top of its base effect) for a short duration.

Also not sure if Iron Jab actually is affected by the staff lengthening effect of Primal Fury. If not, having this would certainly make a great synergy.

@CaptainMalik  if you are not satisfy with Iron Jab, as least say why, or propose how u think it should be change (or change into). Just saying "it should be a part of his 4" and "u can draw something else from JoTW" is ... really lazy post and u might not want the result if it actually got change anyway (also, no1 would actually know why u not satisfy with it in the first place).

I would really like Iron Jab if it were point-click like other #1 abilities (Soul Punch, Landslide). The skillshot it has right now is quite short and very narrow, and I find myself wasting energy because I'm just not hitting the mark all the time. I can cope, it's fine as-is, but a change would make it a whole lot friendlier. (Not sure how this would work with Iron Vault, which I really do like, though it would be nicer if it could take momentum into account instead of being a straight vertical leap.)

On 7/1/2017 at 5:17 AM, Azamagon said:

I'd like it much, much better if it was turned into an attack as big and visceral like Dota 2's Monkey King's attack Boundless Strike. This one:

iJ9tnUX.gif

I think this is basically what it is with just a different animation. The animations it currently has isn't really clear on what it hits though. The problem with it is that most of the time, I'm not sure if it hits anything. Wukong does his cast animation and I'm like "uh.. did it work?". Maybe if we have the same indicator as Nidus' 1st ability (when held) for the ability and maybe a better effect on the ability would make it better without having to change the skill. 

15 hours ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

I think this is basically what it is with just a different animation. The animations it currently has isn't really clear on what it hits though. The problem with it is that most of the time, I'm not sure if it hits anything. Wukong does his cast animation and I'm like "uh.. did it work?". Maybe if we have the same indicator as Nidus' 1st ability (when held) for the ability and maybe a better effect on the ability would make it better without having to change the skill. 

Thing is, Wukong's Iron Jab can only damage max 1 enemy per cast, if you directly hit an enemy with it. He can CC more than that though (in an AoE around the impact point). But its cast range is 10 meters and is unaffected by power range (power range only affects the size of the AoE CC, which has an abysmal 2m radius).

As you can see in the gif, the comparative range is way longer (I would guesstimate an equivalent of about 25 meters in Warframe?), and also able to both damage and CC all enemies struck in its (relatively wide) line. The difference is quite massive, imo.