Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)V0id 0m3g4 said:

I hope that Umbra has its own uniqe abilitys that are some kinda differant take on Excals abilitys.

This'd be cool, however I hope for the most part the abilities stay the same (Radial blind still blinds, exalted blade is still exalted blade)

Edited by Valor

26 minutes ago, Valor said:

This'd be cool, however I hope for the most part the abilities stay the same (Radial blind still blinds, exalted blade is still exalted blade)

agreed, while im not a huge fan of excal, the abilities on the umbra should be close enough to the standard one that you can say "yea, thats an excal" but different enough that its not just another reskin with some altered stats

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i want excalibur umbra not acolyte umbra  xD 

a unique passive be nice though ...

With acolyte Umbra you can choose to become with same power as Excalibur,or create something unique with your style. And its a win win... but if he is just 1 more excal then its just 1 big meeehh😰😒💨💨

Edited by Vlada91
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

With acolyty Umbra you can choose to become with same power as Excalibur,or create something unique with your style. And its a win win... but if he is just 1 more excal then its just 1 big meeehh😰😒💨💨

thats kinda the point though...

hes a "direct" upgrade from vanilla  

as no one in global can get an excal "upgrade" other then founders as its currently setup. thus having an excal umbra with comparable stats is the idea

and since the chinaframe variant is shown using excals kit id presume it to be the same for the global one 

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

thats kinda the point though...

hes a "direct" upgrade from vanilla  

as no one in global can get an excal "upgrade" other then founders as its currently setup. thus having an excal umbra with comparable stats is the idea

and since the chinaframe variant is shown using excals kit id presume it to be the same for the global one 

The problem with this is..

What happens after Excalibur Umbra?

What will say for eg. Banshee Umbra be for? What about Mirage Umbra? What about Valkyr Umbra?

Basically, just to satisfy non-Founders' desire to have an Excalibur Prime proxy, we make a whole new set of frames? 

Why bother to put forma on or even farm for say Mirage Prime or Frost Prime if we know there's gonna be Mirage Umbra or Frost Umbra in future and it will have the same abilities and better?

It will thus make more sense to have it customisable so people who just want Excalibur Prime proxy can go make their Excalibur Umbras have the same 4 abilities as Excalibur while the rest who don't want Excalibur Prime proxies and technical reskins to other frames in futures can have their Excalibur Umbra hold other abilities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

The problem with this is..

What happens after Excalibur Umbra?

What will say for eg. Banshee Umbra be for? What about Mirage Umbra? What about Valkyr Umbra?

Basically, just to satisfy non-Founders' desire to have an Excalibur Prime proxy, we make a whole new set of frames? 

Why bother to put forma on or even farm for say Mirage Prime or Frost Prime if we know there's gonna be Mirage Umbra or Frost Umbra in future and it will have the same abilities and better? 

Hold the phone there. We don't know if Excal Umbra will be better than Excal Prime. 

Those are valid concerns, but I think as a founder you should trust in DE to do right by you when they release Excalibur Umbra. He'll most likely be a sidegrade to prime at best, barring the fashioncreep that is the umbra scarf. 

4 minutes ago, Valor said:

Hold the phone there. We don't know if Excal Umbra will be better than Excal Prime. 

Those are valid concerns, but I think as a founder you should trust in DE to do right by you when they release Excalibur Umbra. He'll most likely be a sidegrade to prime at best, barring the fashioncreep that is the umbra scarf. 

To be honest, whether Excalibur Umbra ends up a sidegrade or upgrade, I will still be using Excalibur Prime because I already formaed him 3 times and there is also some level of emotional attachment to him since I was a student with no real income back when I got him and now I am a working adult with decent income.

What really concerns me though is that all my other Primes which I have also formaed 1 to 2 times are gonna become mastery fodder.

I have no emotional attachment to those other primes so if Umbra ends up an upgrade, I will still replace them with Umbras.

I have scrapped a lot of the norm frames once I got their prime versions except for norm Excalibur which I have stubbornly kept (because he was my starter choice - an illogical move considering how I now have 2 Excalibur variants taking up 2 inventory slots) and some other norm frame which I decided to keep because I had some suspicion that they might be used for crafting Umbras (but I will sell them once it is confirmed otherwise).

If Umbras do end up being sidegrades then I won't be using them at all because most of my other Primes are already formaed and mods are the things that make them strong, not so much the base stats. 

Basically, I won't really enjoy Umbras in both situations which is why I hope that they have different abilities.

However, I am also aware that with different abilities, others may not get what they want which is an upgrade to Excalibur hence why I am hoping it will be a customisable frame so everyone including me gets what we want.

I have in the past also suggested similar options like making it a skin that changes norm Excalibur stats to be on par with Excalibur Prime and when applied on Excalibur Prime, will not change the stats but only the look, but that was before it was confirmed to be a full frame on its own which is not a bad thing either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Valor said:

I would think he'd be an upgrade from Excal Prime, since Excal Prime's only upgrade from Vanilla is 25 more armor.

3 hours ago, SlapClown said:

Don't use cookie cutter builds and you will have your own  uniqe abilitys 

Er..unless you are talking about augment mods, no amount of modding will make an ability different or unique. Non-augment mods just alter parameters not the mechanics.

Same point as have umbra as prime 2.0. We just basically gonna have 3 of the exact same frames with small changes to stats to farm for. After slapping on the mods, the difference won't even be that obvious anymore.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Is all this about Excalibur frame or every frame is now going to get Umbra version and all the Prime frames i'm getting will no longer be final versions? :scared:

I really want some kind of alternative to Excalibur prime, that is Excalibur Umbra, cause new players can never get Excalibur Prime.

I'm really scared about all of this.

I really like having final versions of all kinds of stuff, but if now everything is gona have some ultra prime version, aka Umbra version, ......... :scared:

Edited by imendars

If it was customizable you could just make your edgy sithframe: 1. Volt-s Shock-Force Lightning, 2. Banshee-s Sonic Boom-Force Pull (or rather Nyx-s Chaos for an actual useful ability-Mind Trick), Force Grip with finisher damage, pretty much Ash-s Fatal Teleport with a different animation,4. Excal-s Exalted Blade (strictly with red energy)

Perfection.

Unless they make it so that umbra system satisfies or doesnt greatly anger all player groups, i hope they either scrap this idea or seriously rethink it whatever it is they are thinking.

WoW adding ever more levels and turning old armors out of date is not a good idea. Lots of companies like to copy that idea, but i hate it. Just cause something was elite stuff 3 years ago is no reason to make it obsolete now.

My 2 cents and i hope devs seriously pay attention to all sides. Whatever you do, World of Warcraft is a passing thing and lots of people these days dont want it back.

1 hour ago, kgabor said:

If it was customizable you could just make your edgy sithframe: 1. Volt-s Shock-Force Lightning, 2. Banshee-s Sonic Boom-Force Pull (or rather Nyx-s Chaos for an actual useful ability-Mind Trick), Force Grip with finisher damage, pretty much Ash-s Fatal Teleport with a different animation,4. Excal-s Exalted Blade (strictly with red energy)

Perfection.

You just made my day, good sir/ma'am. Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imendars said:

Unless they make it so that umbra system satisfies or doesnt greatly anger all player groups, i hope they either scrap this idea or seriously rethink it whatever it is they are thinking.

WoW adding ever more levels and turning old armors out of date is not a good idea. Lots of companies like to copy that idea, but i hate it. Just cause something was elite stuff 3 years ago is no reason to make it obsolete now.

My 2 cents and i hope devs seriously pay attention to all sides. Whatever you do, World of Warcraft is a passing thing and lots of people these days dont want it back.

What if we dont have powers for all frames just for upcoming umbras collection. And for that 5 umbra frames that we have,we can mix there powers and combine what you like 2 have on that specifically umbra frame.... and that's it mission completed 😁😛💨👍👌

Edited by Vlada91

the umbras are to add new diversity to the game and to squad mechanics 

that means while yes we get a side grade as we currently understand them, they are supposed to have a unique factor to them as we cant get them in the same way as primes

aka the umbra system 

excalibur umbra comes from the sacrifice, but we dont know what that entails or how these umbras behave / are made /built/ found?

i believe to keep them in check they will have comparable stats to prime counterparts but not the same , that there can make a big difference in builds and play style of many frames

but we wont know till we have more info, so anything is speculation till then

i can only provide whats known  at this time 

also vlad please stop pinging steve, youd have more luck on twitter honestly 

1 hour ago, Vlada91 said:

What if we dont have powers for all frames just for upcoming umbras collection. And for that 5 umbra frames that we have,we can mix there powers and combine what you like 2 have on that specifically umbra frame.... and that's it mission completed 😁😛💨👍👌

:sad:

They have made some kind of system iin game that for some reason works. If they release umbra they ruin this system, unless umbra is not better than prime, just different. but i duno how they can make something not better or worse than prime and have the same powers. :shocked: Thats very mysterious to me.

I hope they scrap umbra project, unless thats only meant for FEW (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) frames and not all.

23 hours ago, (Xbox One)V0id 0m3g4 said:

I hope that Umbra has its own uniqe abilitys that are some kinda differant take on Excals abilitys.

i would hope not since his purpose was to give non-founders an upgraded excal variant. if it comes out not as excal it completely fails to fill that gap. 

48 minutes ago, imendars said:

:sad:

They have made some kind of system iin game that for some reason works. If they release umbra they ruin this system, unless umbra is not better than prime, just different. but i duno how they can make something not better or worse than prime and have the same powers. :shocked: Thats very mysterious to me.

I hope they scrap umbra project, unless thats only meant for FEW (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) frames and not all.

It's not gonna be all frames but Steve also did say Umbra will be a new set of frames so the impact of how Excalibur Umbra is released and what abilities he have or what system Umbra uses will impact future Umbra releases which we do not yet know will be how many, because he is what sets the precedence and standard for Umbras.

So, that is why people like me do not want him to just become Excalibur Prime 2.0 because we will then get a whole set of [insert frame name] Primes 2.0 as well.

At the same time, to also allow people who just want Excalibur Prime 2.0, a possible system of letting us customise the frames' 4 abilities will do precisly that and also satisfy both sides, so I don't even know why people are still adamant about it having just Excalibur abilities instead of having options to put Excalibur abilities and also not to put.