Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

On 2018-08-09 at 6:11 AM, Loza03 said:

Well, if we can take the only weapon that could be considered 'Umbrad' at the moment, I would guess that they're going to be entirely new. And probably slightly weaker but with some kind of cool gimmick that synergises with their associated frame.

If we follow the pattern of the Skiajati, being a Nikana, related to Excalibur Umbra's Howl and overall theme of the frame then the other weapons followed suite should have something to synergize with their Umbra's own ability.

Edited by Sartactics

1 hour ago, Sartactics said:

Bonus points if the other Umbra weapons are Skia (Shadow) something since Excalibur Umbra was technically the first Umbra we got so it makes sense his is the Skiajati (Shadow Born)

In what language did skiajati translate to “Shadow Born” in English?

Edited by (XB1)DragonBoltor45

1 minute ago, Sartactics said:

Skia in Greek is shadow while jati in Sanskrit is for birth, thus Shadow Born (Or Shadow Birth if literally)

Here’s the thing:

-Unfortunately, If it wasn’t for the half and half mix of Greek and Sanskrit, then in full-blown Greek, it would be: Σκιά Γέννησης — Shadow Birth | Shadow Born — Shadow Born (Greek). 

-Sanskrit Translation: Shadow Birth — ??? | Shadow Born — ???

1 minute ago, (XB1)DragonBoltor45 said:

Here’s the thing:

-Unfortunately, If it wasn’t for the half and half mix of Greek and Sanskrit, then in full-blown Greek, it would be: Σκιά Γέννησης — Shadow Birth | Shadow Born — Shadow Born (Greek). 

-Sanskrit Translation: Shadow Birth — ??? | Shadow Born — ???

I never really said it had to be Sanskrit or Greek only, just Skia-something that makes sense for that Umbra.

3 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

after playing mask of the revenant i have to wonder then what revenant was prior to the eidilon touching it, i guess revenant prime must exist then? but makes me wonder what the design and or origional look of reventn was 

-snip-

[taken on pc account grineer ship tile] 

Yeah, guess we have another Valkyr situation here.

15 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

after playing mask of the revenant i have to wonder then what revenant was prior to the eidilon touching it, i guess revenant prime must exist then? but makes me wonder what the design and or origional look of reventn was

It's a curious question.

Especially pertinent as, if I understand correctly, the fall of the "Omegalyst" that Gara killed was post Collapse...and thus, whatever effort the Warden was making after that, to keep the Eidolon in check, was after Orokin availability.

Throw in the extremely specific circumstances of what Revenant has now become, seeing as it's quite literally that, and a Prime of Revenant is awfully bizarre. Warden, sure, maybe. But that's a bit of an issue to mull over.

Guess we'll just have to see what happens, really.

20 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Yeah, guess we have another Valkyr situation here.

8 hours ago, Blakrana said:

It's a curious question.

Especially pertinent as, if I understand correctly, the fall of the "Omegalyst" that Gara killed was post Collapse...and thus, whatever effort the Warden was making after that, to keep the Eidolon in check, was after Orokin availability.

Throw in the extremely specific circumstances of what Revenant has now become, seeing as it's quite literally that, and a Prime of Revenant is awfully bizarre. Warden, sure, maybe. But that's a bit of an issue to mull over.

Guess we'll just have to see what happens, really.

one of the things ive noted i changed my revenant and gara to similair color schemes and noted they have very similiar patterns and designs layed out on the body , if thats the case its possible they were a pair or designed to work for the same tenno maybe ? 

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

one of the things ive noted i changed my revenant and gara to similair color schemes and noted they have very similiar patterns and designs layed out on the body , if thats the case its possible they were a pair or designed to work for the same tenno maybe ? 

Highly possible, it was stated that the Warframes were designed after the Tenno's dreams and wishes.(or something along the line)

Also seems like a story connection there, the Tenno fighting the sentient and defending the Tower as Gara and later returning as the Warden to keep the sentient(eidolon) from coming back before eventually failing.

On 2018-08-25 at 7:31 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

Dla--yoUcAAJxrp.png

[taken on pc account grineer ship tile] 

Guess we will find out in... around ... 3 years? 😄