Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

as we are moving into october i thought id bring up some topics some have discussed elsewere 

as the coming of the new war looms after fortuna hopefully , we have to now focus on sentient faction and the need for more umbras to help combat them due to the increased encounter frequency/saturation

so here is the basics of the sentient as we know them by their class type

1.  sentient -aka hunhow /batalysts/concalyst/mimics 
  2. spectral sentient- vomvalysts, eidolons , wisps 
  3. companion - sentinels [per fragment lore]
  4. outpost- new war sentient outpost units

wisps seem to be small fragments but they can be used to make operator weapons, if you look at the amps they really do reflect sentient design 

with the types in mind and the new war on the horizon , we should be expecting more sentient variations to appear 

we know of the carries drop ship class and the one that was to reward the sentient arm weapon , and the natah aka lotus version

there are probably more to help vary out the species a bit more i think, but regardless i think its inevitable we will require more umbras to help combat them

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

37 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

oh not sure if i shared this but some art 

made a chibi for myself of my umbra

sketch1535911355539.png

WIP-coloring

DoUEdMfUwAETZ47.jpg:large

You haven't shared either of these yet.

That Operator/Umbra one's coming along nicely too!

Still can't wait for the final result.

• Like 1

Just now, Loza03 said:

You haven't shared either of these yet.

That Operator/Umbra one's coming along nicely too!

Still can't wait for the final result.

oh then sorry for not sharing them xD

yea the project art is taking lots of time i was playing with the operators skin shading and gloss of eye recently trying to figure out better shading methods

6 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

so with the coming of october we know a mainline drop is to come

as well as fortuna soon after

there is also the new war

at this time de has not specified any news on the next umbra frame{s}, seems we will be waiting till they give more info

Well considering Umbra Excal cannot be deleted from the inventory and the Quest. I think Umbra is a legit character, any additions to the Umbra line could follow the same path. 

OR...the Hemilith (sorry for the spelling) could be how we get umbra frames. So instead of Building more frames in the tradional sense, we have to "Sacrifice" Umbra Excal to get Umbra Rhino(example) with the consumption of resoruces. You keep the "blueprints" of the Umbra frames but we can only have 1 active at a time. 

It makea any Umbra frame more valuable that way.

59 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duachim said:

Well considering Umbra Excal cannot be deleted from the inventory and the Quest. I think Umbra is a legit character, any additions to the Umbra line could follow the same path. 

OR...the Hemilith (sorry for the spelling) could be how we get umbra frames. So instead of Building more frames in the tradional sense, we have to "Sacrifice" Umbra Excal to get Umbra Rhino(example) with the consumption of resoruces. You keep the "blueprints" of the Umbra frames but we can only have 1 active at a time. 

It makea any Umbra frame more valuable that way.

its possible, even then we know excal umbra is special and was the only one requiring a quest or special acquisition, we still need a umbra system to obtain then in a regular method like primes i think, possibly in mini quests?

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

its possible, even then we know excal umbra is special and was the only one requiring a quest or special acquisition, we still need a umbra system to obtain then in a regular method like primes i think, possibly in mini quests?

Sentient Outposts I think will be key. Since the Umbral mods/Umbra Excal is going to the anti sentient frame, it would make sense to have it tied to them in some way. It would make going in them really worthwhile. 

Primes= Void fissues

Umbra= Sentient Outposts  

Thats how I see it working 

10 hours ago, (XB1)Cram Duachim said:

Sentient Outposts I think will be key. Since the Umbral mods/Umbra Excal is going to the anti sentient frame, it would make sense to have it tied to them in some way. It would make going in them really worthwhile. 

Primes= Void fissues

Umbra= Sentient Outposts  

Thats how I see it working 

makes sense, we also have new darksectors and railjack 

that could be a tie in also

8 hours ago, (XB1)Cram Duachim said:

I have a feeling Sentient Outposts and Darksectors could be one in the same, RailJack is the update gets us to the Tao system. 

they stated it was to explore areas we wouldnt normally get to, so im hoping new darksectors are like worlds or zones we can travel to via the railjack , i believe it can get to tau and other places so I think its possible it might be included with that 

https://store.warframe.com/collections/collectibles/products/the-sacrifice-collection-limited-time-pre-order

https://store.warframe.com/collections/collectibles/products/limited-edition-excalibur-umbra-statue-timed-pre-order

"Important: This merchandise is only available for a limited time. Orders close on November 9 at midnight PST and are expected to SHIP IN LATE MARCH, 2019. Please note any additional items added to your order will also ship in late March."

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NovusNova said:

https://store.warframe.com/collections/collectibles/products/the-sacrifice-collection-limited-time-pre-order

https://store.warframe.com/collections/collectibles/products/limited-edition-excalibur-umbra-statue-timed-pre-order

"Important: This merchandise is only available for a limited time. Orders close on November 9 at midnight PST and are expected to SHIP IN LATE MARCH, 2019. Please note any additional items added to your order will also ship in late March."

Wow, thanks! Pre-ordered. Regarding Umbra in-game noggle, is it exclusive to this offer?

14 hours ago, NovusNova said:

coincidence my birthday is in march ? 

:mako: