Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

1 minute ago, TolaShamgar said:

andi  already know soon. just confirm and don't do the whole sentient arm cannon thing with it please. I don't mind waiting just gave me more pretties before I get muh shinies :angry:

excalibur umbra is the global version of excalibur umbra prime [chinaframe aka stararmor ] ?

and the red penta thing ... dunno 

and sentient arm cannon is another unkown 

we know they started working on sentient and umbra content together for a bit, maybe its connected 

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

excalibur umbra is the global version of excalibur umbra prime [chinaframe aka stararmor ] ?

and the red penta thing ... dunno 

and sentient arm cannon is another unkown 

we know they started working on sentient and umbra content together for a bit, maybe its connected 

oh it most definitely is given the fact that the sacrifice trailer is on the first place where sentients appeared ingame after they were released. Rebecca also said in like devstream 78 or something round that time that they cant reveal nugget tidbits of it because its so integral to the storyline that its like the next second dream. so I take it it will be groundbreaking and will feature a good bit of new sentient stuffs.

I kinda want a quanta3 that shoots tesseracts too :D jk lol but yeah I think the carmine series is going to tie in with the umbra series of stuff too. I also view the mozi syandana and the guandao and zakti as signs of that given the fact theyre all hinting at more Chinese related stuff to come 

7 minutes ago, TolaShamgar said:

oh it most definitely is given the fact that the sacrifice trailer is on the first place where sentients appeared ingame after they were released. Rebecca also said in like devstream 78 or something round that time that they cant reveal nugget tidbits of it because its so integral to the storyline that its like the next second dream. so I take it it will be groundbreaking and will feature a good bit of new sentient stuffs.

well technically game wise lua is 1st place w combat them 

its not actually the ingame first place 

as of POE 

the first experience with "sentient" for newer players is vomvalusts and teralysyt right?

41 minutes ago, TolaShamgar said:

well NOW yes but at the time of the earlier things we mentioned no considering the fact poe is brand new

and those technically aren't sentients theyre eidolons which are the ghosts of sentients

vomvalysts count as a sentient, not a ghost but , fragments and as we understand sentient biology the fragments are then sentient children

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

vomvalysts count as a sentient, not a ghost but , fragments and as we understand sentient biology the fragments are then sentient children

yeah true theyre just kinda torn between the veil of being an actual sentient fragment or an eidolon fragment in the codex iirc

19 hours ago, TolaShamgar said:

yeah true theyre just kinda torn between the veil of being an actual sentient fragment or an eidolon fragment in the codex iirc

codex is still stating they are sentient faction 

to my understanding they are still just a sentient, but unlike its original form we defeated long ago it does not have the "sentience" or intelligence/awareness it did previously, but can still as the larger fragment control its smaller pieces the vomvalysts to protect/heal it. like a raw instinct probably derived from their experience on tau 

example as hunhow created his "fragments" batalysts, concalysts which are it seems a drone like unit , without sentience /self consciousness & hunhow seems to be able to control /direct these fragments for combat purposes 

it makes me consider that the fragmentation process of sentients removes base awareness and reverts fragments to the simple drone directive, only over time, and adaption , and mass gain do they attain awareness and sentience  

this then makes sense as then the fragments are simply blank slates, or children to the larger more aware sentient which can teach or maybe program or direct  them for more complex tasks , either that or mass size of sentient split determines its base intelligence / awareness   level

[per stallord]

Spoiler

Image result for sentient warframe

and further then as was explained at tennocon the sentient outposts are created from large fragments of a BIG sentient , which have many smaller ones inside and that these base fragments are still "alive" and further rebuilding themselves 

4-SentientOutpost2-1024x576.jpg3-SentientOutpost1-1024x576.jpg

6-SentientOutpost4-1024x576.jpg

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

17 minutes ago, Skulldozer115 said:

Well this update certainly got A LOT more interesting super quick. Makes me wonder if they are closer to finishing The Sacrifice than we originally thought...

It was probably originally supposed to come out around this my guess.

Though it's not like DE has lied before... as far as I remember