Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

megathread updated

cleaned up bad images gifs, kept the discussions the same but put a note in on that weve talked on a vast majority , logs updated, steve periscope in news 

did again want to point out v1 thread link and discord is in op at top, if your curious and want to read v1 thread [v2 is gone], v3 is this one [for clarification] 

Believe in the umbra who believes in you! by DrkMako

• Like 7

7 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

megathread updated

cleaned up bad images gifs, kept the discussions the same but put a note in on that weve talked on a vast majority , logs updated, steve periscope in news 

did again want to point out v1 thread link and discord is in op at top, if your curious and want to read v1 thread [v2 is gone], v3 is this one [for clarification] 

How do I learn to colour like this :O

7 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Can you summarize?  Audio not working atm.  If not, no biggie.

There's tons of other info but for what's related to sacrifice and umbra:

Venus open world (by extension Sacrifice which should be before it) expected to be before Tennocon

Umbra story already all done

Now, they are just building the custom levels and custom enemies in the quest

Apostacy Prologue actually had an impact on the quest such that they had to change some stuff after it was released

They were giggling on the devstreams whenever Umbra is mentioned because they know they've screwed up

Steve views Umbra as a gift and Geoff is his story collaborator. Both of them feel nervous when giving gifts because as it close in on day of giving it, they don't know if people will like it

Tons of other stuff on future additions so I recommend you fix the audio because there's a point where Steve goes into overdrive and speed-answer a bunch of questions.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

There's tons of other info but for what's related to sacrifice and umbra:

Venus open world (by extension Sacrifice which should be before it) expected to be before Tennocon

Umbra story already all done

Now, they are just building the custom levels and custom enemies in the quest

Apostacy Prologue actually had an impact on the quest such that they had to change some stuff after it was released

They were giggling on the devstreams whenever Umbra is mentioned because they know they've screwed up

Steve views Umbra as a gift and Geoff is his story collaborator. Both of them feel nervous when giving gifts because as it close in on day of giving it, they don't know if people will like it

Tons of other stuff on future additions so I recommend you fix the audio because there's a point where Steve goes into overdrive and speed-answer a bunch of questions.

If it’s a gift, then that is reminiscent of how they felt with “The Second Dream” which is fantastic news to me.  It means they’ve put their heart and soul into it to reward players who have rewarded Steve and company over the years with loyalty and money.

As artists at heart, they get nervous because they worry not that those loyal will like or not like it, but that they won’t fully appreciate it and efforts will be seen as wasted and they will feel they’ve let the community down.  

Go Steve and Geoff!

The darkest part of any shadow often hides the unseen gem that shines brilliant when revealed!

• Like 7

11 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

megathread updated

fgYR2jo.png

I really appreciate how genuinely open Steve was in his Periscope stream.

I mean, he gave us more info in the span of 18 minutes than we've gotten in the whole of 2 years. 

Now if only they could do that during Devstreams too, we'd be golden. 

• Like 6

Well steve just gave me all the information I wanted to hear. Guess I can stop my annoying important Umbra crusade until he comes out. Three years of worrying/pestering/searching/hoping and being let down are finally coming to an end. Guess I'll hop ship on the Umbra purgatory bus and get on the regular bus for once, since I know he's coming very soon. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Demoonic said:

Well steve just gave me all the information I wanted to hear. Guess I can stop my annoying important Umbra crusade until he comes out. Three years of worrying/pestering/searching/hoping and being let down are finally coming to an end. Guess I'll hop ship on the Umbra purgatory bus and get on the regular bus for once, since I know he's coming very soon. 

Deus Umbra Vult, fellow crusader.

17 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

How do I learn to colour like this :O

i just doodle a lot 

On 3/20/2018 at 10:56 AM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Can you summarize?  Audio not working atm.  If not, no biggie.

sorry work got crazy ill write a submission either tonight or tommorow 

13 hours ago, Crimson-Tenno said:

fgYR2jo.png

legit xD

10 hours ago, Demoonic said:

Who whoo dude very soon is like 10 maybe 15 days max or in a day or 2... so how you know exactly and how shore with that information? After all its DE...

20 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Who whoo dude very soon is like 10 maybe 15 days max or in a day or 2... so how you know exactly and how shore with that information? After all its DE...

I mean, very soon in the grand scheme of things - Steve said they're in "Getter done" mode - he wouldn't put that kind of pressure on himself and the studio unless they were actually close to getting it done.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, (PS4)zeroexalpha said:

I mean, very soon in the grand scheme of things - Steve said they're in "Getter done" mode - he wouldn't put that kind of pressure on himself and the studio unless they were actually close to getting it done.

Hm maybe you right and I hope that you are... because im sick of waiting for Umbra to come in game. We all need new cinematic quest and Umbra,it's time to get excited for something that we need for long long time...

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:14 PM, KubrowTamer said:

So we all know we got that dope teaser at the end of the last devstream and that got me thinking how this could be applied to Umbra with a sacrifice. 

So what is an Umbra? we know it will be a new frame variant so what about its history? Im thinking that UmbraFrames are completely new unlike PrimeFrames. These would be the newest model created by some powerful force such as a Sentient or another living Orokin.

And now how does this fit with the concept of a sacrifice? I personally think that Helminth and that part in the back of his room will the sacrifice. I think that the UmbraFrames will be so different that the Tenno can not actually use one and through some conflict requiring the control of one the Tenno has to turn to Helminth to reprogram Him/Her/It biologically to be compatible with the UmbraFrames causing an alter in our mental state, physical state, or both.

Yeah it has to be something that is NOT orokin in origin - I reckon it is a unique and 'perfected' version by a more modern source? Or it could be something we create through the quest with the use of Helminth. Or one of the Syndicates could have been tinkering with old Orokin tech and came with their own version.