Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

3 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

Umm... I don't know that calling someone foolish is really the best idea in this case. I'm pretty sure I saw Vlada point out on a different post that English is not his/her first language. I take this into account every time I find someone online that has incorrect uses of the different variants of "There" for instance. It can be very confusing if English is not your first language. We don't really have the easiest language to master...

So yeah, I'm not gonna say that you're wrong for doing so, and I don't want to act like the police of the forums or anything. (I'd probably get in trouble if I did actually.) I just wanted to point this out.

Sorry but I think i'm entitled to make a rebuttal if someone decideds to correct my own english with false wording to make me look like an idiot.

He's foolish for trying to say "whose" as a counter argument to what i posted in a way to correct my sentence structure and still fell flat doing so.

English, first language or not you try to be snarky with me i'll be snarky back.

2 minutes ago, Vilemyre said:

Sorry but I think i'm entitled to make a rebuttal if someone decideds to correct my own english with false wording to make me look like an idiot.

He's foolish for trying to say "whose" as a counter argument to what i posted in a way to correct my sentence structure and still fell flat doing so.

English, first language or not you try to be snarky with me i'll be snarky back.

I wasn't trying to be snarky at all. I was just trying to, well, I don't want to say anything along the lines of "Make justice" or "Defend the innocent", since I know neither of those fit, but I can't think of anything else at the moment. 

So what if he says a word in response to yours that doesn't make total sense? If English isn't his first language, that's fine. People can only learn through mistakes. If he/she made a mistake in their grammar, that doesn't really matter. If you can tell what they really meant by what they said, there's no reason to be rude. It's ok to help correct them and show them what they did wrong so they can do it right next time, but following it up with an insult usually will do more harm than good. 

It's fine if you want to be mad at me or be rude or whatever, but I was in no way trying to make you look like an idiot as you said above. I was just trying to do "what you did" and help someone out. I understand if you don't think I'm helping. Heck, maybe I'm not. It is entirely possible that I am in the wrong here. We all have opinions, and if yours is that I am wrong, that's ok. If mine is that you are wrong, that's ok. I don't want to turn this into a fight and the last thing I want to do is hurt people. I've been hurt plenty in my life. The last thing I want is to be responsible for someone else's pain.

• Like 1

DE said they'll do more umbra frames, but not every warframe will have it's umbra version... then again, they said the same thing about the prime version so, i don't really know what will happen with umbra frames. Unless they have an unique mechanic they'll be just a sidegrade/upgrade version of primes...

15 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

I wasn't trying to be snarky at all. I was just trying to, well, I don't want to say anything along the lines of "Make justice" or "Defend the innocent", since I know neither of those fit, but I can't think of anything else at the moment. 

So what if he says a word in response to yours that doesn't make total sense? If English isn't his first language, that's fine. People can only learn through mistakes. If he/she made a mistake in their grammar, that doesn't really matter. If you can tell what they really meant by what they said, there's no reason to be rude. It's ok to help correct them and show them what they did wrong so they can do it right next time, but following it up with an insult usually will do more harm than good. 

It's fine if you want to be mad at me or be rude or whatever, but I was in no way trying to make you look like an idiot as you said above. I was just trying to do "what you did" and help someone out. I understand if you don't think I'm helping. Heck, maybe I'm not. It is entirely possible that I am in the wrong here. We all have opinions, and if yours is that I am wrong, that's ok. If mine is that you are wrong, that's ok. I don't want to turn this into a fight and the last thing I want to do is hurt people. I've been hurt plenty in my life. The last thing I want is to be responsible for someone else's pain.

Okay first off that wans't directed at you. Its general sense and was directed more at him. If he's gonna be snarky then fine I will too. If I was going to target you i'd do so in a more personal manner. In English grammar thats called a "impersonal you" or "generic you"

It isn't that it doesn't make total sense. It made clear sense. He tried to make a rebuttal on my own english while being completely wrong at the same time. His intentions made perfect sense.

If you are going to target me over the word "foolish" i'd actually try it to someone whose going to actually care. Again if someone is going to make a post at me, trying to assume i'm saying thing sincorrectly when i'm not as some sort of backhand comment then they are getting a backhand back. No ifs, no buts.

Again my reply has nothing to do with you. Its a response to your advice but i'm not directly attacking you. You aren't the topic here.

Edited by Vilemyre

2 minutes ago, Vilemyre said:

Okay first off that wans't directed at you. Its general sense and was directed more at him. If he's gonna eb snarky then fine I will too.

It isn't that it doesn't make total sense. It made clear sense. He tried to make a rebuttal on my own english while being completely wrong at the same time. His intentions made perfect sense.

If you are going to target me over the word "foolish" i'd actually try it to someone whose going to actually care. Again if someone is going to make a post at me, trying to assume i'm saying thing sincorrectly when i'm not as some sort of backhand comment then they are getting a backhand back. No ifs, no buts.

Again my reply has nothing to do with you. Its a response to your advice but i'm not directly attacking you. You aren't the topic here.

Ah. That makes a little more sense. I didn't see Vlada's quote, I just saw what you said in response to him. Without having all the information, it seemed like you were attacking him because of his incorrect grammar. 

Glad I understand now. Thank you for handling the situation in a civil manner. I've had too many experiences where things get out of hand very quickly. You've earned my respect for keeping cool. I did my best to keep my cool as well so as not to cause an un-needed quarrel. 

Again, thank you for your patience and level headedness. 

5 minutes ago, Grimlock- said:

Question:
Where i can get that tree glyph...
Sakura tree?

Twitch drops after watching 3 hours of streams.

46 minutes ago, Gabriel_98 said:

Is coming tomorrow, thank me later.

Don't get your hopes up like we did today. I fully expect a late Friday night release, if not early Saturday morning.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

3 hours ago, Grimlock- said:

Question:
Where i can get that tree glyph...
Sakura tree?

Out of the current image we have of the Twitch drop guide, the Cherry Tree Glyph is the only one with the requirements offscreen. If it's cumulative time, great. I really, really, really don't want to deal with another "By the Dawn's Early Light" situation.

51 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Twitch drops after watching 3 hours of streams.

I'm new to this whole "watch Twitch streams for goodies" process.  How does this even work?  Do we open the video at the Warframe.com website while logged in, and it registers your viewing on the account?  Do we have to be logged into our Twitch account, have that account linked to our Warframe account, for it to "track" our current viewing time of said videos?  I am just very clueless about how this works.  

2 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

I'm new to this whole "watch Twitch streams for goodies" process.  How does this even work?  Do we open the video at the Warframe.com website while logged in, and it registers your viewing on the account?  Do we have to be logged into our Twitch account, have that account linked to our Warframe account, for it to "track" our current viewing time of said videos?  I am just very clueless about how this works.  

On warframe.com you can link your warframe account to your twitch account. Then watch a warframe partner stream for an hour or more to get the drops

3 minutes ago, XxXNob0dyXxX said:

On warframe.com you can link your warframe account to your twitch account. Then watch a warframe partner stream for an hour or more to get the drops

Cool, thanks for explaining.  So watching on Twitch will be tracked by Warframe.com as long as the accounts are linked.  Good to know.  

3 minutes ago, AnGeL_KRoM said:

I think our ONLY chance to get the update today is just when the current twitch tenno streaming finishes (in about 10 minutes)

Crossing fingers......

The update is not coming today!

2 minutes ago, AnGeL_KRoM said:

I think our ONLY chance to get the update today is just when the current twitch tenno streaming finishes (in about 10 minutes)

Crossing fingers......

Remember we are not that lucky we waited for 3 year for something to come that we all want,and yea maybe we can wait 1 more day or 2 😒 so take some pills for deep sleep and maybe you can wake-up in time for umbra 😵👍