Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY:

warframes that can think without an operator...

This reminds me of the moment when the Stalker was interrupted by the operator's warframe without their control.

Will we be able to run around as the operator and have our warframe follow us as an actual NPC? That would be something I'd really like to see.

7 minutes ago, mixboi2 said:

I think mako should get a preview and test of umbra before he’s released, as a accomplishment award for keeping this thread going and not going crazy during the wait lol. Like how the guy who built 100 frost got to see his deluxe skin before release.

at this point we should just hope this prompts de to actually focus on umbra for once and give it to us instead of keeping it in a perpetual stream of delays. 

45 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

at this point we should just hope this prompts de to actually focus on umbra for once and give it to us instead of keeping it in a perpetual stream of delays. 

I hope they will stop dodging it on devstreams, they are still doing it even though POE is out and umbra should be the next update 

54 minutes ago, mixboi2 said:

I think mako should get a preview and test of umbra before he’s released, as a accomplishment award for keeping this thread going and not going crazy during the wait lol. Like how the guy who built 100 frost got to see his deluxe skin before release.

who says i havent gone crazy ?  [id love to do it, but id rather see everyone playing on umbras honestly] 

200_pages_by_drkmako-daby1h6.jpg

Just now, mixboi2 said:

I hope they will stop dodging it on devstreams, they are still doing it even though POE is out and umbra should be the next update 

they aren't dodging they just don't have anything to say, two years of delays and the umbra update is still just an early wip. hopefully though it is the next update like de suggested, but then it was supposed to be the next big update after tww as well, so who knows. it was also said in the last devstream overview the next big update is corpus, so no idea how i should feel about that. 

10 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

they aren't dodging they just don't have anything to say, two years of delays and the umbra update is still just an early wip. hopefully though it is the next update like de suggested, but then it was supposed to be the next big update after tww as well, so who knows. it was also said in the last devstream overview the next big update is corpus, so no idea how i should feel about that. 

its ...conflicting

repeatedly this content is pushed to the side for some new content, the new content is to hopefully pave the way so the umbra content is cannon and flows into the main scheme /plan of warframe

i hope cetus or poe at least is a factor now in the sacrifice,  to at least give it some...foundation for why it had to come first 

ive asked repeatedly on multiple dev streams for them to simply answer yes/no or TBD/or ?? on some basic topics. 

all i can hope is they have pulled or at least listened or looked at it and internalized it to be talked on on another day 

51 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

its ...conflicting

repeatedly this content is pushed to the side for some new content, the new content is to hopefully pave the way so the umbra content is cannon and flows into the main scheme /plan of warframe

i hope cetus or poe at least is a factor now in the sacrifice,  to at least give it some...foundation for why it had to come first 

ive asked repeatedly on multiple dev streams for them to simply answer yes/no or TBD/or ?? on some basic topics. 

all i can hope is they have pulled or at least listened or looked at it and internalized it to be talked on on another day 

frankly i think it's just them being easily distracted that keeps umbra from being a priority, they clearly don't care a great deal about it, just the community, so they jump at any distraction they find more interesting to occupy their time instead.

i doubt cetus was on their mind two years ago and they have been planning umbra around it for all that time. fitting cetus into it now that it has arrived though probably just sets the project back further, since they have to redesign whatever the plan is to have the new addition fit. 

22 hours ago, MrM1 said:

But it's in 2018, that's for sure, almost here.

October 2015 - "We plan on releasing it this year."

April 2016 - "He's coming sort of soon, he's part of a big thing."

January 2017 - "It's definitely on the agenda for this year."

November 2017 - "I think we can commit Umbra to being next year."

Also November 2017 - "Next big update is Corpus based."

Lesson to learn: stop listening to everything they say on the subject. No, my intention is not to dev bash at all, I'll reword if necessary however. They have very clearly displayed apathy towards the frame in the past, and they have no reason to suddenly care about him. I feel saying, "...2018, that's for sure" is harmful to the (already) incredibly dwindled hope of his release.

The thing most important to believe from all of this is that maybe one day the global build will gain access to Excalibur Umbra. And as stated above, never count on DE's vague statements on the topic to be anything more than guesses, even if it's, "He's coming within the decade."

Regarding the Sacrifice teaser, it was, in my opinion (and I'm positive I'm not the only who believes this) made quickly as a crowd pleaser and only a crowd pleaser. The assets used have likely been put aside as they're now distracted with the next landscape, which I guarantee will come out before the quest. Again, I'm not trying to dev bash or appear as a strong cynic of sorts, these are just my honest thoughts (those of which I've been repeating for too long now, sadly). And no disrespect to yourself either, I hope this didn't sound hostile.

Edited by LazerSkink
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Well, usually we get 2 big updates under global number - .0 and .5 so it's possible 22.5 is for Corpus and 23.0 is for Sacrifice.

56 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Well, usually we get 2 big updates under global number - .0 and .5 so it's possible 22.5 is for Corpus and 23.0 is for Sacrifice.

i'm aware, the point is the next big one is supposed to be corpus still. maybe they don't count .5 but i'm not sure about that, i also got the feel they expected umbra to be its own major update from the way they built up the quest. (made it sound in the same area as tww and tsd but i guess i could see that being downgraded)

Edited by Cubewano

13 hours ago, MrM1 said:

This reminds me of the moment when the Stalker was interrupted by the operator's warframe without their control.

Will we be able to run around as the operator and have our warframe follow us as an actual NPC? That would be something I'd really like to see.

My guess is that that will have something to do with Helminth. He's in charge of Biological functions of the ship, why can't he alter the biomass of the Warframe such that he can assume control if the Operator is out/incapacitated?

Might be something with regards to Umbra, might be completely different.

6 hours ago, Ksaero said:

They stopped doing this because it was stupid. Major.Minor.Hotfix is what the numbers mean. Major.MinorUnlessItsActuallyMajor.Hotfix just resulted in x.4.h getting disproportionately large and numerous h compared to other minor updates. And nothing prevents minor updates from going greater than 9, so 5 wasn't even halfway necessarily. 

Edited by Kinetos