Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

On 30.11.2017 at 9:10 PM, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

ok so posted on this, my operators twin had a weird object floating around her "orbiting" 

people on twitter are calling it the tooth fairy xD , but honestly i have no idea what it is 

DP49OgkVoAAw8WK.jpg:large

It's definitely misplaced Vahd right shoulder pad.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

No no I think that he is right,because De did say next big update is cinematic quest for warframes and Umbra. But now is next big update are corpus open wordl map,and its fine because its good for DE and game become more popular because of that. But again its not fear to waith that long for the next big cinematic quest that we all won't and desperately need... so if DE did this we are not going to have umbra in like never. 🙄😠😕 its just not meant 2 bee

Actually, it's never been told that the next big update after Plains would be cinematic quest. DE had only stated that Plains would be released before The Sacrifice. So no deceit here. Yet. I really hope Umbra is not going to be pushed back by something new again.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

No no I think that he is right,because De did say next big update is cinematic quest for warframes and Umbra. But now is next big update are corpus open wordl map,and its fine because its good for DE and game become more popular because of that. But again its not fear to waith that long for the next big cinematic quest that we all won't and desperately need... so if DE did this we are not going to have umbra in like never. 🙄😠😕 its just not meant 2 bee

DE said Umbra is next year (2018) in a recent dev stream (101) so it could be Dec 2018 and the Corpus update could be earlier in the year.

I hope he has different abilities (same theme but different abilities; or at least same abilities but with very obvious difference in visual or effects) because while I understand that he is supposed to be a proxy to Excalibur Prime for some, this concerns a whole range of Umbra frames we are talking about.

If Excalibur Umbra is a carbon copy of Excalibur Prime or Excalibur, then it will be the same for ALL Umbras in future and we will have 3 of the same frame each with only some stat differences and polarity which really wouldn't amount to any difference at higher levels and in the long run.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

3 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

I think it was stated early 2018. 

They just said "2018", and since the next update is corpus based (most likely venus open area) the sacrifice quest may be coming in the mid of 2018 at best, unless something pops out and it gets [DE]layed again. It's not like it has happened before anyways, right?

Edited by ----Legacy----

7 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

DE said Umbra is next year (2018) in a recent dev stream (101) so it could be Dec 2018 and the Corpus update could be earlier in the year.

5 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

I think it was stated early 2018. 

1 hour ago, ----Legacy---- said:

They just said "2018", and since the next update is corpus based (most likely venus open area) the sacrifice quest may be coming in the mid of 2018 at best, unless something pops out and it gets [DE]layed again. It's not like it has happened before anyways, right?

dont know , normally a main quest like tsd/tww seems to drop later in the year, but due to the DELAY for this years main cinematic , possibly it will drop early on?

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

dont know , normally a main quest like tsd/tww seems to drop later in the year, but due to the DELAY for this years main cinematic , possibly it will drop early on?

I mean, it sounds like they pretty much had things covered. And I think DE would disappoint a lot of fans even if it is "better later then never"

Edited by CaptainStrawberry

3 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

I mean, it sounds like they pretty much had things covered. And I think DE would disappoint a lot of fans even if it is "better later then never"

with how long this has been taking, is there any disappointment left to be had? i wouldn't be surprised if it next year it got pushed into 2019. 

17 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

with how long this has been taking, is there any disappointment left to be had? i wouldn't be surprised if it next year it got pushed into 2019. 

I'm going to safely assume no one would be surprised. The biggest surprise ever would be if it actually comes out at any point at all, even after every one of us here eventually dies of old age.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2017 at 7:28 PM, Cubewano said:

I think of this silent wait as a long journey. The dissapointment is no longer to be felt. The hype has died down, but secretly it lies deep within our souls. We eat. We sleep. We go to work. Everyday. Every year. We are a silent nation of people who may be full of dread and dispair from the insufferable pain of having to refer to images of Umbra on google, instead of actual gameplay experience. 

We are a hive mind all connected to the core with one belief:

Umbra will come...

And when he does arrive, we will rejoice under the endless moonlight casted by his Exalted Blade. He will be our awaited guardian.

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Teloch said:

1 Nov 2018

37 minutes ago, Valor said:

Getting closer to 2018

cannot contain hype, even if we probably won't get him til april at the earliest :(

i think the let down for me was de showing sacrifice trailer at tennocon this year and then not getting anywhere with it "officially" , like how we got regular info on TWW 

but with all the bugs POE side i guess it was inevitable , though i was optimistic this years end would be umbra 

i will remain patient for the release , but hype remains still 

Just now, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i think the let down for me was de showing sacrifice trailer at tennocon this year and then not getting anywhere with it "officially" , like how we got regular info on TWW 

but with all the bugs POE side i guess it was inevitable , though i was optimistic this years end would be umbra 

i will remain patient for the release , but hype remains still 

Same. I went to Tennocon, cheered when I saw the trailer (because finally they did something with Umbra other than briefly saying "it's coming" on a livestream. I became a sad doggo when the trailer ended and I didn't see a date on it.

50 minutes ago, Cyndocrit said:

Let's hope they don't push it to 2019. Not that I have a problem with that, but that can upset many tenno.

33 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

I think people will already be triggered if it is pushed further than January or Febuary 2018

1 hour ago, Corial said:

It'll be best year for Warframe.

Warframe art collaboration project mako submission by DrkMako

we can only hope someday we stand back to back with our umbra , next year is my hope 

• Like 1

Umbra can become special frame if you have options to choose what power to give him. Set for all frames power 1 then for 2,3 and power 4... and create ultimate warrior. For example use Umbra with this powers: 1) with atlas punch, 2)with volt speed. 3) with ember boom and 4) excal blade... like for example same with acolyte that we seen. Please  @[DE]Steve 😁👍

Edited by Vlada91
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Umbra can become special frame if you have options to choose what power to give him. Set for all frames power 1 then for 2,3 and power 4... and create ultimate warrior. For example use Umbra with this powers: 1) with atlas punch, 2)with volt speed. 3) with ember boom and 4) excal blade... like for example same with acolyte that we seen

I suspect they will be like the acolytes and stalker.

Will be really cool to have a truly customised frame but could be really difficult to balance.

14 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

I suspect they will be like the acolytes and stalker.

Will be really cool to have a truly customised frame but could be really difficult to balance.

Thats why you have platinum to create him again,but remember first time is free 😱😀😂👌 in the end all this is good for change if we get this for umbra frames...

• Like 1