Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

BREAKING NEWS:

Not really, but I thought I'd let you guys know I was in a game where some angry Chinese dude stated, "Excal Umbra will only be for Chinese people! There will be no western release! It is exclusive to Chinese release, because we asked for something special for us ONLY!"

Absolutely hilarious.

3 minutes ago, BigUncleButcher said:

BREAKING NEWS:

Not really, but I thought I'd let you guys know I was in a game where some angry Chinese dude stated, "Excal Umbra will only be for Chinese people! There will be no western release! It is exclusive to Chinese release, because we asked for something special for us ONLY!"

Absolutely hilarious.

Haha meybe their umbra will look like excal prime but black and not white 😂😱 if they do I dont care because original umbra looks much better...

Edited by Vlada91

15 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Umbra can become special frame if you have options to choose what power to give him. Set for all frames power 1 then for 2,3 and power 4... and create ultimate warrior. For example use Umbra with this powers: 1) with atlas punch, 2)with volt speed. 3) with ember boom and 4) excal blade... like for example same with acolyte that we seen

THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKING! 

We wouldn't be able to put a whole bunch of 4s on one frame. It would be like, "Here's your pool of 1 abilities", whether that be just frames you own or whatever, "Here's your pool of 2s, here's 3s, and here's 4s". It sounds like it could be balanced. You can only use Frost's icicle as 1, volt's lightning as 1, Excal's slash dash as 1, etc. For 2, you can only use Frost's ice wave, Volt's speed, or Excal's Radial Blind, etc. I think you guys get the idea. It would be like making a collage of all your favorite abilities from your favorite frames. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

We wouldn't be able to put a whole bunch of 4s on one frame. It would be like, "Here's your pool of 1 abilities", whether that be just frames you own or whatever, "Here's your pool of 2s, here's 3s, and here's 4s". It sounds like it could be balanced. You can only use Frost's icicle as 1, volt's lightning as 1, Excal's slash dash as 1, etc. For 2, you can only use Frost's ice wave, Volt's speed, or Excal's Radial Blind, etc. I think you guys get the idea. It would be like making a collage of all your favorite abilities from your favorite frames. 

My point exactly... only then we can have amaxing purpose for all upcoming umbra frames... and because of that all players are going to whont to have that special dark frame to farm and create. Not just for look and xp,but for much more....

Edited by Vlada91

17 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Umbra can become special frame if you have options to choose what power to give him. Set for all frames power 1 then for 2,3 and power 4... and create ultimate warrior. For example use Umbra with this powers: 1) with atlas punch, 2)with volt speed. 3) with ember boom and 4) excal blade... like for example same with acolyte that we seen. Please  @[DE]Steve 😁👍

Wouldn't that be too broken? 

1) Atlas' landslide

2) Trinity's EV

3) Chroma's Vex Armor

4) IDK (artemis bow comes to mind)

And I'm sure people could come with even more broken combos made only by powers bareli affected by the same negative stats to actually minmax their frame.

Edited by ----Legacy----

15 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Wouldn't that be too broken? 

Hide contents

1) Atlas' landslide

2) Trinity's EV

3) Chroma's Vex Armor

4) Valkyr's Hysteria

And I'm sure people could come with even more broken combos made only by powers bareli affected by the same negative stats to actually minmax their frame.

Chroma dragon can look different visually, for example like some energy effects not like same chroma part of the skin. And the rest can look just like some energy powers that have same effect like original powers but different visually. If for example give Umbra power 1 from atlas he is not going to have rock on his hands but some effect that is on his hands that look similar to rocks from atlas power... but with more special style and effect with transparent design... after all we did wait 3years for umbra,we deserve something special and worthwhile.

Edited by Vlada91

2 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Umbra can become special frame if you have options to choose what power to give him. Set for all frames power 1 then for 2,3 and power 4... and create ultimate warrior. For example use Umbra with this powers: 1) with atlas punch, 2)with volt speed. 3) with ember boom and 4) excal blade... like for example same with acolyte that we seen. Please  

imagine...

Mirage 1

Lokie 2

Nyx or any cc or finisher 3 really

Excalibur 4

Way to Op if we got to choose like this

Edited by (XB1)Stryke 07

10 hours ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

Maybe for each of the abilities you have to sacrifice 1 normal frame that has the ability.

So, minimally 4 normal frames for 1 umbra.

Maybe even 5 if 1 more needs to be sacrificed to make the base (look and base stats of the frame).

5 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Maybe for each of the abilities you have to sacrifice 1 normal frame that has the ability.

So, minimally 4 normal frames for 1 umbra.

Maybe even 5 if 1 more needs to be sacrificed to make the base (look and base stats of the frame).

Hmm... Sounds good. It frees up alot of my inventory slots! 

I would think that the 5th would either be for creating the passive ability and the stats would just be the same, or it would be upped to 6 so you do one for the passive, and one for the base stats. Either way, ULTIMATE SACRIFICE! With the exception of frames like mag and rhino. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: I don't think either of those are bad frames, I am just saying they are SUPER easy to farm. 

2 hours ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

Hmm... Sounds good. It frees up alot of my inventory slots! 

I would think that the 5th would either be for creating the passive ability and the stats would just be the same, or it would be upped to 6 so you do one for the passive, and one for the base stats. Either way, ULTIMATE SACRIFICE! With the exception of frames like mag and rhino. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: I don't think either of those are bad frames, I am just saying they are SUPER easy to farm. 

1 hour ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Excalibur Umbra with Volt's Speed lol

But to be honest, given how RNG is the biggest theme in Warframe..

Likelihood if umbras get 4 different frames' abilities, will be they are random and we will have to farm something or buy it with plat so as to reroll the umbra frame for a chance of a better set of abilities😂😂😂

Or worse is that we still sacrifice 4 to 6 frames but we don't get to choose which ablitity is taken from each frame and RNGesus will make us have to sacrifice another 1 to 6 frames, depending on how many things we want to change, for another chance to get a set of 4 good abilities, passives and/or look that we want🤣🤣🤣

It will become the ultimate grindframe!!!!😁

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

2 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Likelihood if umbras get 4 different frames' abilities, will be they are random and we will have to farm something or buy it with plat so as to reroll the umbra frame for a chance of a better set of abilities😂😂😂

Or worse is that we still sacrifice 4 to 6 frames but we don't get to choose which ablitity is taken from each frame and RNGesus will make us have to sacrifice another 1 to 6 frames, depending on how many things we want to change, for another chance to get a set of 4 good abilities, passives and/or look that we want🤣🤣🤣

I like the idea of rerolling because it gives a sense of customization towards your character and you can kinda decide what you are good at with your favourite fashion frame.

I'm glad there are people on board with the idea of Warframes having other Warframe's abilities >_> 

4 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

I like the idea of rerolling because it gives a sense of customization towards your character and you can kinda decide what you are good at with your favourite fashion frame.

I'm glad there are people on board with the idea of Warframes having other Warframe's abilities >_> 

Well, to be fair, I will end up with 3 versions of Excalibur if Excalibur Umbra's just gonna be Excalibur Prime 2.0 and I definitely do not want to end up with 3 versions of the other frames in future either.

I do see why some people may want it to be the exact same abilities but once we really think about it objectively, it won't make much sense because Excalibur Umbra still wouldn't complete the "collection" or satisfy collector's syndrome. In fact, it just adds a whole new "set" to collect.

For those that genuinely want an upgraded version Excalibur, they may be happy for a while and norm Excalibur will join the ranks of mastery fodder alongside all other norm frames with Prime versions. (Though, to be honest, "upgraded" is really relative. If a lousier Excalibur existed, norm Excalibur will also be the "upgraded version".)

However, this will also mean future releases of "upgraded versions" to all the other frames, which will just make their Primes become mastery fodders and getting Umbra just becomes the new getting Primes, which frankly would be pretty lame and add nothing substantial other than power creeping existing Prime frames.

Hence, why I rather it be done in a way where everyone is happy.

None of the desires are even mutually exclusive, except for the collectors.

Afterall, having different abilities wouldn't mean we can't make them the same as long as there exists options for those people to do so.

Also, I enjoy games that let me create stuff like Absolver, Robocraft, Besiege and even Sims (just the building editor). So, if I get to make a custom frame, it will be fun for me.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

7 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Afterall, having different abilities wouldn't mean we can't make them the same as long as there exists options for those people to do so.

Yes in the end with that options everyone will be 100% happy....

7 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

We all know that this is 1 big part of the game and if you don't whont to spend some platinum then you need to sacrifice some frame,so that you can get that abilities. Its like you crafting sword in Cetus but much much better. And because of that we all know that we are going to like that if we have that in the game.... all we can hope that DE is creating this idea in final build. 100% happy and finally DE create something special that we all going to like... 😊👌 (umbra,special abilities,not just 1 more excal)...

Edited by Vlada91

10 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

And something to add to this, when we sacrifice the frames, we also sacrifice the Inventory Slots! 

Spoiler

No seriously, DE, please. Please, no. I would use some stronger words, but I tend to try and keep it clean. Lol