Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

On December 13, 2017 at 10:03 AM, KelsierSurvivor said:

And something to add to this, when we sacrifice the frames, we also sacrifice the Inventory Slots! 

Hide contents

No seriously, DE, please. Please, no. I would use some stronger words, but I tend to try and keep it clean. Lol

As I've posted before:

1.  I believe A built Prime will be required to build an Umbra variant.

2.  Umbra Conversion/BP (quests?) to do this will accompany the corresponding Unvaulted packs which will instantly have added value for those who already have a single Prime.

3.  As always, you can farm relics to get a Second prime.

4.  A fully built Excalibur Umbra will be the reward for the "Sacrifice" for obvious reasons.

It fits the existing gaming model and would introduce an additional revenue/profit stream built off of existing in-game systems.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

As I've posted before:

1.  I believe A built Prime will be required to build an Umbra variant.

2.  Umbra Conversion/BP (quests?) to do this will accompany the corresponding Unvaulted packs which will instantly have added value for those who already have a single Prime.

3.  As always, you can farm relics to get a Second prime.

4.  A fully built Excalibur Umbra will be the reward for the "Sacrifice" for obvious reasons.

It fits the existing gaming model and would introduce an additional revenue/profit stream built off of existing in-game systems.

i kinda want umbra acess now...

I am just wondering,since Excalibur Prime is founder's exclusive and I have been absent for more than 2 years, would there be plans to give an alternate Excalibur to the rest of the user base? I don't know, of course at least there is the proto skin which you can pretty much combine with a Glaive to have your Hayden running around, but still, other than that I know you can just change vanilla Excalibur's polarities and all that.

18 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I am just wondering,since Excalibur Prime is founder's exclusive and I have been absent for more than 2 years, would there be plans to give an alternate Excalibur to the rest of the user base? I don't know, of course at least there is the proto skin which you can pretty much combine with a Glaive to have your Hayden running around, but still, other than that I know you can just change vanilla Excalibur's polarities and all that.

As others have said, Excalibur Umbra is coming.

I swear if it's just a reskin with slightly better stats I'm quitting this game. They've hyped it for too long to not be something game changing.

24 minutes ago, Pent_ said:
Spoiler

I swear if it's just a reskin with slightly better stats I'm quitting this game. They've hyped it for too long to not be something game changing.

They're going to give him lore and new abilities AFAIK. There's a certain something that may or may not have leaked and got retconned about him.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)bioblaze10656 said:

Search up excalibur umbra that's what we are getting

Interesting, I mean, my poor Vanilla Excalibur really needs a retirement, I still want to make a Hayden setup but the current one just can't keep up.

2 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

Still waiting for Dexcalibur with the next anniversary, it's too good of a pun to not use.

Speaking of which, how about this for a frivolous lawsuit bait? a handgun named Lamato, some time after that a dual variant named...

Spoiler

Aklamato

It is also colored red by default.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx
multi-quote.

I was just sitting here thinking about what will be special about Umbra (Besides that glorious scarf...). Will he have the same abilities as Excalibur? No one knows yet. But I thought of a pretty cool passive for him! (IMO)

When standing in the dark, Umbra will regenerate energy. The darker the shadow he stands in, the more energy he gets.

This is based off of what the word umbra means.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/umbra

It's essentially the darkest part of a shadow. So maybe the shadows could give him power? Just a thought. What do you guys think?

27 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

I was just sitting here thinking about what will be special about Umbra (Besides that glorious scarf...). Will he have the same abilities as Excalibur? No one knows yet. But I thought of a pretty cool passive for him! (IMO)

When standing in the dark, Umbra will regenerate energy. The darker the shadow he stands in, the more energy he gets.

This is based off of what the word umbra means.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/umbra

It's essentially the darkest part of a shadow. So maybe the shadows could give him power? Just a thought. What do you guys think?

If umbra is darkest thing that can be then maybe he can get more energy in shadow or damage but that's not that important,what's important is that he is not some Guardian of the galaxy 😁 he is like some acolyte darkest thing in the world. So maybe he is there dark King and he killed all his acolyte and trying to save you and com 2 the light side like some Darth Vader in the end of the movie.. and then we can play with him. But is he going to bee ultimate frame that have unlimited power,or what? Thats the biggest question of the all...🤔🤔💨

Edited by Vlada91

8 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Interesting, I mean, my poor Vanilla Excalibur really needs a retirement, I still want to make a Hayden setup but the current one just can't keep up.

Speaking of which, how about this for a frivolous lawsuit bait? a handgun named Lamato, some time after that a dual variant named...

Reveal hidden contents

Aklamato

It is also colored red by default.

I don't think any founder would sue DE if they brought back Excal Prime, a lot of us would just quit out of spite.

13 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I wouldn't do any of both things. I've had the guy for 4 years now honestly.

Personally, and I know it's kinda petty, but I'd feel a bit slapped if they did given that at the time I didn't have the money to support this game and still did what I could to scrounge up enough. I know it's personal and biased but it would hurt me tbh.

Just now, Pent_ said:

Personally, and I know it's kinda petty, but I'd feel a bit slapped if they did given that at the time I didn't have the money to support this game and still did what I could to scrounge up enough. I know it's personal and biased but it would hurt me tbh.

It's fully understandable though. I've always wondered though what would be good ways to give something back though. It's something I keep ideating about.

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

It's fully understandable though. I've always wondered though what would be good ways to give something back though. It's something I keep ideating about.

I mean I feel like Prime Access is basically the founders packages but with more stuff and cheaper. So I think that's enough :shrug: