Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

DE has been clear; Excal Prime will not be returning for general purchase, ever.  

DE would get a lot of profit from Umbra being on PC as well?  Otherwise they're cutting a significant portion of their playerbase.

Making Umbra console exclusive would create a division greater than any other platform exclusive content we have ever had - there is literally no point in doing this.  

If Consoles getting Umbra is "fair" because of Excal Prime, what about the non Founders?  How is it "fair" that they are now locked from 2 exclusive Warframes?  

10 minutes ago, (PS4)uondidithere932 said:

hi this a discussion about if we (console players) should have EXCAILBER UMBRA for are on exclusive warframe so here are some reasons.

reason 1: i think it was DE Rebecca that was asked if excel prime was coming back and she says "i dont think it will come back but i don know yet'

s,,so i thought to my self if excal prime is not coming back for consoles or pc,so will umbra give consoles a chance?

reason 2: warframe could make a lot of profit bringing umbra to consoles from players of the xbox and ps4 community and it will only be fare

...conclusion: well that's all tenno skoom, see u later. 

..... gotta be the most *** backwards logic I've seen this year yet.....

Founders having an exclusive is fair because they've invested in the game that wasn't well-known and was about to die. They took a risk and it paid off. What risk did you take by playing an already established and profitable game on console? None. So how is it fair that you get an exclusive for literally nothing?

• Like 1

Excal Prime..no (unless DE suddenly decides to break the promise they kept for 4 years) but Excal Umbra will be in The Sacrifice.

So, unless the quest is PC-exclusive (which it is not), consoles will get him and the other Umbras too.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

1 minute ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Excal Prime..no (unless DE suddenly decides to break the promise they kept for 4 years but Excal Umbra will be in The Sacrifice.

So, unless the quest is PC-exclusive (which it is not), consoles will get him and the other Umbras too.

That's not exactly what he asked. It was about making Umbra exclusive to consoles.

3 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Actually, Excal Prime's obvious restrictions means he will never be released. Not as another prime access, not as another event reward, not as another founder's package.

In fact, the whole reason Excal Umbra even exists is because Changyou wanted a founders-exclusive but DE honoured the promise and did not give them Excal Prime but an Excal Umbra Prime instead. Then, when people found out, a lot of noise was made and DE found another which is to release Excal Umbra and not Excal Umbra Prime (which I think has the sane agreement at Excal Prime but in the Chinese build).

What is more likely (if indeed frames are needed in crafting Umbras) is that built normal frames (which everyone can acquire) are required and this will coincide with discounts on the market or none at all.

It will mean all those who sold off their normal frames after getting prime versions will have to farm or buy the frames again.

This is good revenue for DE because due to the relatively low price of some of these frames (some costs only 75plat which I think happens to be the lowest plat bundle as well). Excal only costs 75plat in the market but requires long time to farm through Ambulas and since Excal Umbra is so hyped up, people will pay the 75plat.

What Silverback means is that because Excal Prime is not attainable, the quest would just straight up give Excal Umbra as a reward, but future Umbra conversions would then require the Prime parts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ksaero said:

That's not exactly what he asked. It was about making Umbra exclusive to consoles.

Oh..in that case, I don't think what OP is asking is fair and not to sound entitled but

3 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Founders having an exclusive is fair because they've invested in the game that wasn't well-known and was about to die. They took a risk and it paid off. What risk did you take by playing an already established and profitable game on console? None. So how is it fair that you get an exclusive for literally nothing?

Also, I want the PC non-founders to have their Excal Umbra..it's not Excal Prime but if they want their proxy or excal upgrade, I don't see why not. However, other than being a proxy, I do want it to also have gameplay value for those who do not like Excal or have Excal Prime too because there will be other umbras after him.

The frame has also been hyped up so much that I do not think it is a nice or fair thing to deny any players access to it and it wouldn't make any economic sense to DE to make a quest for consoles or even PC only.

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

What Silverback means is that because Excal Prime is not attainable, the quest would just straight up give Excal Umbra as a reward, but future Umbra conversions would then require the Prime parts.

Oh I see! 

Hmm..it's unlikely but possible.

Unlikely because DE has never given a direct reward that does not need building from a quest before but it will be a good change.

28 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Oh I see! 

Hmm..it's unlikely but possible.

Unlikely because DE has never given a direct reward that does not need building from a quest before but it will be a good change.

If this is the launch of an entire new third line of Frame ALTERNATES, you can see how significant and justified it would be and how it checks all the boxes for DE's dual gameplay/business model philosophy:

1.  Uses existing code

2.  Re-invigorates Prime Part Trading

3.  Value of Unvaulted packs goes up when the "Umbra Conversion Component" is released along side them. 

Players who don't want to pay can still farm Relics for required parts.

4.  Umbra Skin Collections could easily be released alongside them...Syandanas, Armor, Weapon skin...

5 hours ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

Keep repeating this, maybe someday it'll be true.  Every primary source that I've seen talk about Excalibur Prime always - ALWAYS - qualifies their "never".

Keep thinking DE will bring the Founders pack back, it's cute.