Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Theory: Umbras start out as regular frames but are "tainted" by killing an Orokin(possibly involving the kuva they possess and preventing transference).

a)It would mean only a few Umbra frames existed originally(The first ones being the ones that killed the Orokin leaders at the betrayal) and then as we exterminated the Orokin more popped up.

b)The means for creating an Umbra(killing an Orokin) are available to us now that Ballas went to pick up the Lotus. 

c)And the sacrifice wouldn't be for us but to the Lotus as we kill Margulis' lover to get that Umbra. (Maybe if we do kill him she doesn't come back and we lose her transmissions forever.)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jeoxz said:

Theory: Umbras start out as regular frames but are "tainted" by killing an Orokin(possibly involving the kuva they possess and preventing transference).

a)It would mean only a few Umbra frames existed originally(The first ones being the ones that killed the Orokin leaders at the betrayal) and then as we exterminated the Orokin more popped up.

b)The means for creating an Umbra(killing an Orokin) are available to us now that Ballas went to pick up the Lotus. 

c)And the sacrifice wouldn't be for us but to the Lotus as we kill Margulis' lover to get that Umbra. (Maybe if we do kill him she doesn't come back and we lose her transmissions forever.)

Wow. I like that ALOT. A sacrifice isn't really a sacrifice if we don't give up something we care about. Dude, you nailed it. I would be torn in half by this. I mean, I have posted many a comment about what lengths I will go to to get Lotus back, but... wow. I mean, really, WOW. 

I hate the guts of the Orokin and would love to get a Warframe by killing one. The Warframe would just be a bonus, really. But if it meant losing Lotus forever... I might not kill the Orokin. I mean, seriously. This is a piece of pure genius. As much as I hate the Orokin, I don't know if that hate is strong enough to lose Lotus. 

This is something that would truly be impactful to me as a player. 

Thank you for this theory. I think DE might have a winner right here. I get the strangest feeling that they're just Watchung this thread waiting for good ideas about The Sacrifice. They just made a trailer that would be heavy enough to make us speculate, but vague enough to not make it seem like something would happen. They made the Apostasy Prologue to give us more ideas. I think this is the one...

Jk. But seriousoy, this is amazing dude. Have a cookie. 

• Like 1

So... the Sacrifice? 

Is Lotus gonna sacrifice herself for tenno or sacrifice tenno for something?

Why did Ballas call Lotus Margulis? We all know she is Natah, Hunhow's daughter, so she cannot be Margulis.

I wonder if the new quest is related to Chains of Harrow. Could Ballas be the man in the wall? Is the ghost operator we see in our ship related to the sacrifice quest by any means?

Are we gonna fight ballas? or possibly Lotus?

Is Umbra Ballas's soldier?

I think it may be good that the operator has to stand on his'her own feet, alone. Time to grow up. I wonder if Lotus dies, or leaves forever. 

These are my opinions. They are not questions for you to answer. Share yours own opinions. Be creative. :)

P.S. You are not forced to comment so just post what u think if you are interested.

Edited by Crimson_Ruby_313
added some

Here is my opinion:

- seems interesting.

- Umbra looks like a cool ‘frame.

- The teaser suggests that it has to do with either Ballas himself or with the consequences of something he did.

- Let’s wait and see because we know very little else, that’s why it’s a teaser.

- Christ I hope DE don’t go with the profoundly lame and awful idea that the first generation of Warframes were the parents from the Zariman who magically survived through the power of retcon so that the Tenno can be wondrously revealed to be 100% innocent and never did anything wrong ever because they are magically beautiful innocent wholesome saviour space children after all, and Transference is really the power of Love.

Sweet Jesus Christ DE NO!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Here is my opinion:

- seems interesting.

- The teaser suggests that it has to do with either Ballas himself or with the consequences of something he did.

- Let’s wait and see because we know very little else, that’s why it’s a teaser.

- Christ I hope DE don’t go with the profoundly lame and awful idea that the first generation of Warframes were the parents from the Zariman who magically survived through the power of retcon so that the Tenno can be wondrously revealed to be 100% innocent and never did anything wrong ever because they are magically beautiful innocent wholesome saviour space children after all, and Transference is really the power of Love.

I'm gonna be done with the game if that is true lol

You are talking about the Apostasy, not the Sacrifice. 

My theory is the sacrifice quest will be about how humans in the orokin era were sacrificed to become warframes. As in their flesh was infected and became a part of "the original one". 

Ballas calls Lotus Margulis, because Lotus is a sentient that took control over Margulis body. Lotus herself is not human.

Man in the wall is a void entity, void demon, something like that.

Ballas is an orokin executor. A prime A****** ;)

Umbra is a myth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, puciate said:

You are talking about the Apostasy, not the Sacrifice. 

My theory is the sacrifice quest will be about how humans in the orokin era were sacrificed to become warframes. As in their flesh was infected and became a part of "the original one". 

Ballas calls Lotus Margulis, because Lotus is a sentient that took control over Margulis body. Lotus herself is not human.

Man in the wall is a void entity, void demon, something like that.

Ballas is an orokin executor. A prime A****** ;)

Umbra is a myth.

Interesting Thanks for sharing

22 minutes ago, Leland_Gaunt said:

I hope I'll be able to sacrifice Lotus, Ballas & Ordis. Plus any syndicate leader besides Ergo Glast.Hopefully Onkko too.

I don't even want stuff in exchange, I just want to get rid of a bunch of NPCs.

Not Ordis:sadcry: But Kill the rest I help you

Edited by Crimson_Ruby_313

3 hours ago, Leland_Gaunt said:

I hope I'll be able to sacrifice Lotus, Ballas & Ordis. Plus any syndicate leader besides Ergo Glast.Hopefully Onkko too.

I don't even want stuff in exchange, I just want to get rid of a bunch of NPCs.

Cressa Tal is best space mom and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise. 

Moving on, I'd like to see something like Umbras are Rogue warframes like the one featured in the Rhino Prime codex entry, where even while we're in operator mode they can still act on their own and defend our position. I'd even be happy if it just uses normal spectre AI and we can command it to use abilities by pressing its 1, 2, 3, and 4. For targeted nukes either make them use the ability on what we have our crosshair on or make it similar to Nidus's 1 where we can see an outline of the target area by holding it down.

I think Apostasy Pologue is part of The Sacrifice. Perhaps Apostasy is not meant as a name, but as a noun. Apostasy is basically abandonment of a religion by a person. Perhaps in the quest we will learn about some horrible new truth that will change us and our beliefs(maybe about the Orokin?).

i'm just gonna shamelessly post my thread link in here, since the commenters in there had some interesting thoght as well  https://forums.warframe.com/topic/904965-sacrificeapostasy-hypothesis/?tab=comments#comment-9370358

edit: i'm posting the link so that i don't have to copy-paste everything and the commenters post, not to steer you in my thread, keep the discussion here it's easier

Edited by TheBarge

8 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Here is my opinion:

- seems interesting.

I mean, it could be the warframes were made from the parents of the Tenno.

Just what's left of them. They still died, but their corpses proved equally valuable to the living tenno. Both were scarred by the void after all...