Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

The ending, is so unsatifying!!  NEED MOAR!

Looks really cool though, can't wait for it to drop on console.  Give it to me.  Now.  plz.

1 hour ago, godila2 said:

quest was short but great, everything was great, but still disapointed that we did nothing with helmith, but still

so about whole warframe thing

Hide contents

umbra versions was first ones, so they were humans, but standart and prime are not humans?

so i gues that second dream whole WAR removal from body was just function thats all, becouse i always thought that standart frames had some kind of mind, when wait what is stalker infested human too? so thats why umbra/ stalker has power and doesnt need operator for powers,  and alad seeing nothing inside warframes becouse its just infested flesh? wait so rhino prime codex means that he was human, so next umbra is rhino?

I would really like it to rhino next..

So after having a good play around with umbra I can say as a founder he tops excal prime by a lot fo things. That being said his presence will likely invalidate any reason for prime access to exist  I'm aware not all frame swill get umbra but all frames will get prime? At this point why? Rather wait for the next umbra than buy a prime.

That being said I feel like there is a way to rework primes into the game to be on par with umbra but it involves reconning their lore.

Basically rename prime frames with something relating to light. I'm unsure what the opposite of umbra would be (possibly lumi which is great for "the light of life" the only exception being limbo who cna be put into the umbra catagory and umbras can be added there onward. (make sense for a chroma umbra to exist too). That being said Excalibur "lumi" wouldn't be technically canon as he's more a offshoot for founders than a major plot point.

They'd be on par with umbra jsut their only difference being is they are designed for the ying part fo the ying yang symbolism in game. Only exception to these two entirely would be equinox which would be pure ying and yang which we can look at a one off name for her

33 minutes ago, Vilemyre said:

So after having a good play around with umbra I can say as a founder he tops excal prime by a lot fo things. That being said his presence will likely invalidate any reason for prime access to exist  I'm aware not all frame swill get umbra but all frames will get prime? At this point why? Rather wait for the next umbra than buy a prime.

Because, if the Umbra releases will come out as often as Prime releases, than for example a Limbo Umbra is years away while Limbo Prime is just around the corner. As far as i've seen those that buy Prime Access packs are those that want to skip the grind, want to get the exclusive cosmetics, or just have too much money on their hands. Also, the same thing can be said about buying a Prime Warframe and grinding for it. Why buy a Prime Warframe if you can just open some relics and wait a few days for it to finish building. I also don't think Umbra variants will powercreep their younger Prime counterparts anytime soon either (of course excluding Excalibur Umbra and ?maybe the oldest Prime Warframes like Rhino as well?), especially since we don't even know if and when the second will arrive, it might never happen for all me know. Of course, this is just my opinion and given how tired i am, it may also look like some random rambling.

Edited by ErzaSakuretto
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ErzaSakuretto said:

Because, if the Umbra releases will come out as often as Prime releases, than for example a Limbo Umbra is years away while Limbo Prime is just around the corner. As far as i've seen those that buy Prime Access packs are those that want to skip the grind, want to get the exclusive cosmetics, or just have too much money on their hands. Also, the same thing can be said about buying a Prime Warframe and grinding for it. Why buy a Prime Warframe if you can just open some relics and wait a few days for it to finish building. I also don't think Umbra variants will powercreep their younger Prime counterparts anytime soon either (of course excluding Excalibur Umbra and ?maybe the oldest Prime Warframes like Rhino as well?), especially since we don't even know if and when the second will arrive, it might never happen for all me know. Of course, this is just my opinion and given how tired i am, it may also look like some random rambling.

Unless there is a benefit for not having a warframe fight for you while in operator umbra excal is kind of a replacement and im sure every umbra will be the same even fi the stats amtch. That mechanic alone is a pretty big change despite it not looking like it on paper.

But we can only tell shoudl there be another umbra in the future honestly.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WARmaro said:

How was umbra able to use its powers, if the tenno fuel them with their void energy?

From what we learned in this Quest, they (all Warframes) dont need us to use their powers.

They need someone to control them without losing oneself.

Just an idea but maybe they could add the umbra that they do eventually add, behind missions that follow the theme of the frame. For example finding Valkyr umbra in some corpus research facility. Still thinking how it may work for others.

If they have the crappy sidekick mode as Excal Umbra I will never use them anyway. Unless they change how much damage they take when you are outside of the frame. Right now it is just horrible and so very poorly designed in every way. Decently cool concept, absolutley failed execution.

Hi guys, I just wanna tell you dear Devs, that I play warframe since the open BETA (with an another (and lost in the Void) count). And the last quests that you made for all of us (so Second Dream, The War Within, the Apostasia Prologue and of course The Sacrifice) were awsome. The level of the script, the twists, lore, and I pass some "value" had'nt stop to progress ! So, indeed, I loved The Sacrifice so much, that I ask you just two things :

• Continue on this way, you are freekin' awesome !
  • And please, please ! Make this quest repeatable. Please !!

So, in "two words" (cause they will have more, sorry ^^') : Great job to all of you Digital Extremes, thank you so much and carry on ! 😉

Tenno Vydda.

Edited by Vydda
I forget to thank you XD
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

Shouldn't The Sacrifice be replayable? It's not at the moment. It's almost like it's a bug...

Not a bug, none of the cinematic quests were launched with the replay feature. Steve said in the Periscope yesterday that it may be some time before it's replayable, beyond next week or so. It has to do with functionality, and that apparently replaying on launch would be broken.

4 hours ago, Grimlock- said:

So, i dont know where are the umbra fashion frame topics ?

They're scattered and not too active, but here's one in Fan Zone.

3 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Well people have to log out and log back in on the forum for it to apply. For example: using Loki Prime profile icon glyph atm but my forum profile glyph is from last Tennocon as you can see.

The new glyphs ain't even working on the forums yet, so relogging won't do anything.

And yeah, it's odd we only get an Umbra In Action glyph, but no actual Umbra glyph. Is what it is though.

1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

The new glyphs ain't even working on the forums yet, so relogging won't do anything.

And yeah, it's odd we only get an Umbra In Action glyph, but no actual Umbra glyph. Is what it is though.

Ah gotcha.

Also good point, maybe it'll get added later on. Also where's the Umbra noggle, don't think that I seen in so far among the new stuff.

3 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Also good point, maybe it'll get added later on. Also where's the Umbra noggle, don't think that I seen in so far among the new stuff.

The abyss, because all we got as quest rewards was the alt helmet, the courtyard Captura scene, the noble animations, and the agile animations. No idea if it's in the market or something, but whatever.

As for the glyph, not even Dexcalibur got one, so we may have to make do for now. It took almost a year for the Canopic Inaros and Zirastra Ivara helmets to get glyphs, and I don't know if Equinox Clisthert has gotten one yet either. DE is always making new cartoony glyphs, but seems to be forgetting about the regular case of frame helmets.

44 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

From what we learned in this Quest, they (all Warframes) dont need us to use their powers.

They need someone to control them without losing oneself.

As ordis has mentioned warframes don't feel any thought or emotion because they are merely just puppets. Umbras specifically were made using the infestation on a live subject, specifically helminth's strain according to ballas's dialouge in the quest.

Umbra does predate the current warframes and evne prime's though so its likely the methods sued to build warframes were perfected and ballas has found a way to just stop brain functionality on a subject without it stopping the frame form working. So its likely the only reason Umbra was so wild was because the person inside is still alive, capable of thought and emotion. So of course greivances for killing his son linger his mind and the weight of such a burden staye don him until we helped Umbra kill Ballas.