Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

DE will make more to keep people playing, whether there's any real "lore sense" to it at all (I am of the opinion that any lore justification of another Umbra frame will be thin at best, but that has never stopped DE before and it's not like I'm going to refuse to play a new frame because of lore :D). 

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Vilemyre:

So after having a good play around with umbra I can say as a founder he tops excal prime by a lot fo things.

Against Sentients he may be better suited (Haha!), but in the rest of the game? The aditional casting time compared to radial blind hurts a lot. and the specter-like behaviour is limited by clunky AI behaviour and the loss of the damage reduction.And until DE gives more Info about the future of the new mods and the new polarity Umbra has a lot less modding flexibility for frame and exalted weapon.

Edited by Sahansral

6 hours ago, WARmaro said:

How was umbra able to use its powers, if the tenno fuel them with their void energy?

Yup, this is one thing that we are going to need a refresher on. 

So the tenno came first but the Orokin couldn't do anything with their constant void radiation so they were put into stasis. 

Then they created the bio drones.

Then they figured the idea of the tenno as the battery and the frame as the lense to refine the raw void energy into specific uses. This is the description of many frames, "built for healing," etc.

But now Umbra is the first and had powers? How?

vor 57 Minuten schrieb Mak_Gohae:

But now Umbra is the first and had powers? How?

I thought about that, too. But do we really have a clue that Umbra came beore the tenno-mounted warframes? In the orokin recording device Ballas mentions the tenno and their impact on the war. So I thought Umbra is created while the war is raging and the tennos in warframes are kicking sentient ass..

Edited by Sahansral

6 hours ago, Vilemyre said:

As ordis has mentioned warframes don't feel any thought or emotion because they are merely just puppets

I think that warframes get their brains made unable to completely control their bodies by the transference bolt that allows the operator to remotely control it, however, margulis willing to "silence the voices" heard by tenno during transference makes me think of them being conscious of what was happening to them all the time, being their survival instinct the first thing showing some semblant of their consciousness.

I wish i could elaborate on umbra but still have to do some quests, but I'm a bit lazy so I guess i'm going to watch it on youtube or something.

4 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I think that warframes get their brains made unable to completely control their bodies by the transference bolt that allows the operator to remotely control it, however, margulis willing to "silence the voices" heard by tenno during transference makes me think of them being conscious of what was happening to them all the time, being their survival instinct the first thing showing some semblant of their consciousness. 

I wish i could elaborate on umbra but still have to do some quests, but I'm a bit lazy so I guess i'm going to watch it on youtube or something.

Actually Margulis wasn't involved with Warframe (she was killed before they took the Tenno for it) so the voices might be the Void.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sahansral said:

I thought about that, too. But do we really have a clue that Umbra came beore the tenno-mounted warframes? In the orokin recording device Ballas mentions the tenno and their impact on the war. So I thought Umbra is created while the war is raging and the tennos in warframes are kicking sentient ass..

The story statesthat warframes were created and sent out as drones but they went wild. Then the tennos were added. 

Umbra is said to maybe predate everything in your arsenal. 

At best Umbra may be Balas' secret army because he defected. So you could say that his drones had some powers cause he did something different but they sure look like standard frame powers used by the tenno-powered frames. 

hace 13 horas, IonSakura dijo:

Is the rewarded Umbra animation set suppose to work on other frames or not? 

They look super cool but it seems they are not available to others 

Which makes no sense when you consider they make a point of giving you those animations as rewards. They -should- work on other frames, I think it's a bug, because Umbra would have them by default, it would be pointless to mention them as rewards otherwise.

7 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Actually Margulis wasn't involved with Warframe (she was killed before they took the Tenno for it) so the voices might be the Void.

According to Silver Grove she was involved with making the original warframes along with the Archimedian she hired specifically for the task of making infested surrogate bodies for the Tenno to control. That said, I believe you are right about the silenced voices being ones for the Tenno, like Wally coming from the Void. According to Teshin, this was protection from Margulis to us but in doing so acted as a seal on most of our power. It wasn't until one of the children, potentially Rell, wounded Margulis that the entire killing us or Margulis came up. One of us is hinted to have Voided her face and possibly disfigured her or melted her eyes out.She didn't denounce us for monsters and was executed by the Council including Ballas.

1 minute ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

If you're cosplaying regular Excalibur, Modred Helmet is the way to go 😎

I like that look because it's like a regular Excal put on the scarf and glued Umbra's golden bits to himself and is being all "I'm cool too, see!"

Thought makes me chuckle.

If Ballas made Excal umbra, and decided it was a 'mistake' (hence him directing natah to anhialate him) why would he make more umbra frames? Therefore, any subsequent umbra frames would be a bit lorebreaking would they not?

Also, the actual original Dax that was used to make umbra is DEAD (by natah).. so the one we build isn't him (so why would he have those memories?) also on that topic, since warframes are made using people, who are we using when we build a warframe? The Orokin were cruel and would use ppl against their will.. I can't see Tenno doing that.

Anyone?

There will be more to this story I reckon because even the crashed Orokin ship that we can find on Lua didnt feature in the quest even though it was in the Sacrifice's first ever trailer during TennoCon 2017. The ship however, is still there on Lua. We may have to use that ship to go to the Tau system (maybe)

6 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I like that look because it's like a regular Excal put on the scarf and glued Umbra's golden bits to himself and is being all "I'm cool too, see!"

Thought makes me chuckle.

I just like it because I find it kind of cute...

1 hour ago, Dhashruman said:

There will be more to this story I reckon because even the crashed Orokin ship that we can find on Lua didnt feature in the quest even though it was in the Sacrifice's first ever trailer during TennoCon 2017. The ship however, is still there on Lua. We may have to use that ship to go to the Tau system (maybe)

Is that an Orokin Ship or that of early Corpus reconnaissance like the recent Grineer incursions since? I did wonder why that alcove didn't show up during the quest, I had sorta wanted to have a bordering party time deal! Perhaps though, the scene was just used for last year's teaser due to looking so cool.

Yeah, I'm referring to the Orokin ship. Not too sure about its relevance though but I'm assuming it may have some significance in the future simply due to the fact that it is still there. I doubt DE would have made it a permanent thing in the game's tiles if they were just using it as a  background / scenery for a trailer. That and also the fact that the Sacrifice ending was a major cliff hanger

• Like 1