Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duachim said:

Well judging on how the quest played out....I have a feeling that Issah wasnt completely killed by his father and he was turned into The Stalker. That would be even more evil for Ballas to do that then to simply have Umbra kill him...but to also have him turned into a warframe and pit him against his father as stated by Ballas during the game of Komi. Umbra/Stalker are related in some form and having that Dynamic in would be even more intresting. 

Doors have been opened for this. I have a feeling that this limited run of Umbras, wont be limited very long as the lore aspects of this have such a great value for DE to make a limited Number. 

the lore implications of umbras are going to only get more intense i think 

its possible the entire stalker / lower guardian line was made from the remains of the issah or reanimated corpses [via infestation infecting the dead body] , we dont know, but it does make one wonder if there is some connection 

given that stalker with hunhows help ascended to a similar form as umbra in shadow stalker form , and given that hunhow and ballas were in communication could mean hunhow knows how to alter enhance frames 

15 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

its possible the entire stalker / lower guardian line was made from the remains of the issah or reanimated corpses [via infestation infecting the dead body] , we dont know, but it does make one wonder if there is some connection 

given that stalker with hunhows help ascended to a similar form as umbra in shadow stalker form , and given that hunhow and ballas were in communication could mean hunhow knows how to alter enhance frames 

The Guardians weren't people who were infested during the Orokin era. We know this because of what happens to people who are infested. They lose their minds. There is no way Stalker and the other Guardians were made from infested bodies. They may or may not have worn Warframes, but they themselves were not Warframes.

Just now, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

The Guardians weren't people who were infested during the Orokin era. We know this because of what happens to people who are infested. They lose their minds. There is no way Stalker and the other Guardians were made from infested bodies. They may or may not have worn Warframes, but they themselves were not Warframes.

im not talking about the previous dead , as he ballas said lines about the dax bloodline/kin being used i was thinking maybe they did it after umbra as we found he was sealed away and possibly they sued what data they gleamed from the experiment to make the stalker and others 

3 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

im not talking about the previous dead , as he ballas said lines about the dax bloodline/kin being used i was thinking maybe they did it after umbra as we found he was sealed away and possibly they sued what data they gleamed from the experiment to make the stalker and others 

You mean "make the Warframes that Stalker and others used." Stalker wasn't a Warframe during the Orokin era. That's what I'm saying. So Stalker and the other Guardians weren't "made."

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

3 hours ago, (XB1)Cram Duachim said:

I have a feeling that Issah wasnt completely killed by his father and he was turned into The Stalker. That would be even more evil for Ballas to do that then to simply have Umbra kill him...but to also have him turned into a warframe and pit him against his father as stated by Ballas during the game of Komi. Umbra/Stalker are related in some form and having that Dynamic in would be even more intresting. 

The characters' motives are completely different. Isaah being the Stalker makes no sense.

11 minutes ago, hammerheathen said:

Not all frames will get Umbra.. yeahhhh, that's totally *not* gonna backfire lol

Why should it backfire?  They said not all of them will if any others will be.  As long as WE (the players) don't get it stuck in our heads that we will get all umbra, there shouldn't be any issues.  

Even if there are people who rant about it, DE could always go right back to that statement.  The foolishness is completely in our control as to if it happens or not.  

8 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Why should it backfire?  They said not all of them will if any others will be.  As long as WE (the players) don't get it stuck in our heads that we will get all umbra, there shouldn't be any issues.  

Even if there are people who rant about it, DE could always go right back to that statement.  The foolishness is completely in our control as to if it happens or not.  

People are already ranting about it. The idea that favorite frame "X" will get left in the dust because of the scaling of the Umbral mods is already slowly causing an uproar.

Now for *story* there are *few* frames that it would make sense not to be Umbral, but it does make sense. We'll have to see where they go with it. For me personally . Umbral Vitality and Umbral Fiber take the place of 4 mods, with a little boost, so I don't really care about the lack of polarity (though it would honestly be nice -_-).

You can't really argue that the differences in the viability of certain frames due to decisions during ongoing development and overall pace of the game isn't a point of contention in the community.

But what do I know. I just play  here. My goal is to make some more popcorn and laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

17 minutes ago, hammerheathen said:

You can't really argue that the differences in the viability of certain frames due to decisions during ongoing development and overall pace of the game isn't a point of contention in the community.

Hehe, you must not be familiar with me on this forum.  Yes, I can argue that exact thing.  Mostly because I'm an arsehole, but also because I'm the guy with over 84% usage of one frame in 1400 game hours.  

But to seriously answer the other parts of you post.  Just because people want something doesn't mean they will get it.  People shouldn't ever confuse wants with needs.  Doing so just set themselves up for disappointment. 

23 minutes ago, hammerheathen said:

But what do I know. I just play  here. My goal is to make some more popcorn and laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

This is all we can ever really do.  Share some of that popcorn Tenno.  I got some laughing to do also.  😂 

21 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Hehe, you must not be familiar with me on this forum.  Yes, I can argue that exact thing.  Mostly because I'm an arsehole, but also because I'm the guy with over 84% usage of one frame in 1400 game hours.  

But to seriously answer the other parts of you post.  Just because people want something doesn't mean they will get it.  People shouldn't ever confuse wants with needs.  Doing so just set themselves up for disappointment. 

This is all we can ever really do.  Share some of that popcorn Tenno.  I got some laughing to do also.  😂 

Been away from the forums for.... some time. irl stuff lol.  meta is its own beast on frame I heartily grant you that. I like using frames in wierd and unconventional ways, in a theme or just in a way that I enjoy. Does the task at hand. good enough. Personally I main Oberron and actually use smite infusion, which is supposedly bizarre. at 3k hours I like to toss it up enough, that I don't know how much his usage is at (not to mention Prime >.>)

Seriously though, I have balance concerns with the mods. To my view, they are so strong, that its nice  having the room to put on some relatively underused ones (some of which I think should have lower cost *cough*) I mean, I *could* put armored agility AND Umbral fiber on somehting,.... but why? Personally, I'll probably dunk the forma on my frames that fit, with the melees I have for them and use more utility mods. BUT I'd rather do that with Polarities.

The *other* Umbra ability, is cool. Solid coolness. I don't care about the stat differences.

For DE's scale, I could see them not wanting people to push the scales too much on certain frames, because omg numbers. DE has changed their own lore, and not kept to what they've said often enough. Sharing their vision and intent is usually good enough for me, if they are honest  about it. But I like understand reasons for things. I don't subscribe to the idea of in essence locking out aspects of the game because "special". There are better ways of doing that. I'm all about customization. I am however, not your *average* player, I'm one of those wierd people, not casual, not elitist. I play for fun, community, and expression.

ah well

*Hands over some popcorn*. They'll be quite a show. I might even make cookies.

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

I think thats where the Heimoloth(butched the spelling i know) will come into play....it could mean that we can alter our frames in some way, stats or otherwise. The mere mention of it and its importance to the constuction of the warframes....and we have one in our ships will mean we will gain some more control and customization over our frames. Might be the way to get those Umbra polarities on the other warframes but it really opens up some really cool opporunities for not only Umbra but all the other frames currently in the game. 

Maybe thats how they can make Umbras have more then just a limited run like they have suggested. Plug in a warframe into the infested chair and have him walk out of the room as an Umbra frame. Could lead to more grinding but it wouldnt be warframe with out it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

You think that Excalibur Umbra is the original warframe of the operator? THe operator refers to him as "my" warframe. He was probably in the sentient war.

I just want to know what happened with the original sacrifice teaser? the orokin pod that appears there didn't really appear anywhere in the quest, and there was no "if you could trade, would you?" line from Ballas. Were these part of the quest but were cut?

3 minutes ago, erasthmus said:

so what will happen when umbra sits in helminth? My umbra came with a cyst so I'm wondering what the interaction will be.

Who knows. Couple more days till we do, so I'm looking forward to Jabbing him.  I don't jab all my frames because I don't really mind the cyst, but Umbra's going straight in that chair. If he's going to be walking around on his own, he needs to be up-to-date on his Vaccinations!

1 minute ago, Gullim92 said:

I just want to know what happened with the original sacrifice teaser? the orokin pod that appears there didn't really appear anywhere in the quest, and there was no "if you could trade, would you?" line from Ballas. Were these part of the quest but were cut?

The teaser was made way before DE even started shaking their heads to realize what would happen in the sacrifice. It was only made as a way to keep us calm telling us "Umbra is coming".

13 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

You think that Excalibur Umbra is the original warframe of the operator? THe operator refers to him as "my" warframe. He was probably in the sentient war.

no not reallly, thats just i built him and he left kinda thing

17 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

technically the orokin era went on for a long time and warframes seem to be immortal if not long lived, and we know stalker was around at the END of the era when we off'd the orokin [stalker codex]

this then proves the lower guardians were around at the time warframes and tenno were in use and we know the orokin did experiment to try and recreate our condition , from that and from stalker being a warframe like body and per tsd hunhow chat we know stalker is like us to some degree somehow

what im thinking is due to umbra probably being made near the beginning of the warframe develop , it stands tor reason orokin learned something from its creation, and structure to possibly recreate it to a more controlled degree and maybe that started the lower guardian line 

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

no not reallly, thats just i built him and he left kinda thing

technically the orokin era went on for a long time and warframes seem to be immortal if not long lived, and we know stalker was around at the END of the era when we off'd the orokin [stalker codex]

this then proves the lower guardians were around at the time warframes and tenno were in use and we know the orokin did experiment to try and recreate our condition , from that and from stalker being a warframe like body and per tsd hunhow chat we know stalker is like us to some degree somehow

what im thinking is due to umbra probably being made near the beginning of the warframe develop , it stands tor reason orokin learned something from its creation, and structure to possibly recreate it to a more controlled degree and maybe that started the lower guardian line 

Stalker isn't like Umbra or any other Warframe. Warframes don't retain their voice or personality. We know this because we've seen Umbra frames (those that are purely infested creatures) and official Tenno-controlled warframes (that don't move much at all). Stalker is not a guy who was turned into a Warframe. He's a guy who put himself into a Warframe. That's a difference. Furthermore, Stalker's codex entry makes distinction between the Tenno (recognized by their Warframes since no one really knew they were kids except the Orokin executors and emperors) and the Guardians. So it is improbable that Stalker would've been turned into a Warframe.

37 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Stalker isn't like Umbra or any other Warframe. Warframes don't retain their voice or personality. We know this because we've seen Umbra frames (those that are purely infested creatures) and official Tenno-controlled warframes (that don't move much at all). Stalker is not a guy who was turned into a Warframe. He's a guy who put himself into a Warframe. That's a difference. Furthermore, Stalker's codex entry makes distinction between the Tenno (recognized by their Warframes since no one really knew they were kids except the Orokin executors and emperors) and the Guardians. So it is improbable that Stalker would've been turned into a Warframe.

im thinking your confusing what im saying again and again .....

16 hours ago, (XB1)Cram Duachim said:

I think thats where the Heimoloth(butched the spelling i know) will come into play....it could mean that we can alter our frames in some way, stats or otherwise. The mere mention of it and its importance to the constuction of the warframes....and we have one in our ships will mean we will gain some more control and customization over our frames. Might be the way to get those Umbra polarities on the other warframes but it really opens up some really cool opporunities for not only Umbra but all the other frames currently in the game. 

Maybe thats how they can make Umbras have more then just a limited run like they have suggested. Plug in a warframe into the infested chair and have him walk out of the room as an Umbra frame. Could lead to more grinding but it wouldnt be warframe with out it. 

well we know it has a transference spike , possibly its how orokin infected volunteers originally  ?