Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

50 минут назад, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n сказал:

Stalker isn't like Umbra or any other Warframe. Warframes don't retain their voice or personality. We know this because we've seen Umbra frames (those that are purely infested creatures) and official Tenno-controlled warframes (that don't move much at all). Stalker is not a guy who was turned into a Warframe. He's a guy who put himself into a Warframe. That's a difference. Furthermore, Stalker's codex entry makes distinction between the Tenno (recognized by their Warframes since no one really knew they were kids except the Orokin executors and emperors) and the Guardians. So it is improbable that Stalker would've been turned into a Warframe.

As EternalDrkMako mentioned, with time Warframe creation process could be refined to a point it did not result in raving madness. Compare any invention 10 years ago to what we have now :). Why would Orokin not improve their only reliable weapon against Sentients? Why would they not try to find a way to go around the limited amount of Zariman kids by building a frame that can think without a “Void Demon” and mass produce it? So I would not dismiss the possibility of Stalker being a frame without Operator. Remember Acolytes? According to Alad, Stalker “has found others as twisted as himself”. I find it peculiar how they seem to address our frames directly, the way they “talk” and what they say.

"I see you are still their servants."

“The Shadow is pure, undreaming, untainted.”

"These children will not stop us from punishing you. The Shadow commands it."

Of course DE may change or retcon it, but Sacrifice proven they do have a story planned out in advance.

Edited by rand0mname
Spelling. Again.

1 minute ago, Darth_Nox said:

They remove prime passive. Now Prime > Umbra. And i want delete this inferior frame, but it can`t be deleted. Just great !

I feel sorry for you, for thinking because of that situational passive, that it makes Prime better

with that thinking, because Umbra has sentience and cant die now, it makes Umbra better

1 hour ago, Darth_Nox said:

They remove prime passive. Now Prime > Umbra. And i want delete this inferior frame, but it can`t be deleted. Just great !

Lol you want to delete because you can't get 250 energy per orb anymore? Hunter Adrenaline is better and gives you energy not just one time but anytime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth_Nox said:

I can understand being disappointed by that, but while it was useful; it was odd as Umbra was not a prime warframe. To be fair, Excalibur prime doesn't have the possibility to be set to AI control either though; so its not inferior in either case but different. Be that as it may, I hope you are able to enjoy the warframe for what it is and use it for missions.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blade said:

It might've been covered already, but are there any theories as to why Umbra could use Exalted Blade (among other things) without being controlled by a Tenno?

Wait, the energy of a Warframe is fueled from the Tenno? As in, the abilities from the Warframes are actually the Tenno casting them with their own energy and the Warframe is just some sort of "magnifying lens"? But what about Specters? I always thought that the Warframes had energy of their own.

Just now, ErzaSakuretto said:

Wait, the energy of a Warframe is fueled from the Tenno? As in, the abilities from the Warframes are actually the Tenno casting them with their own energy and the Warframe is just some sort of "magnifying lens"? But what about Specters? I always thought that the Warframes had energy of their own.

From Vor's dialogue:

"We've been wrong all this time. Tenno do not control the Warframe's divine energy. The Tenno ARE that energy. Each Warframe you control is merely a glass shaping your furious light."

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ErzaSakuretto said:

You notice the Tenno's energy regenerates but the WF's doesn't unless you Zenurik/Energy Pad/Whatever.

I don't know if this is on purpose, but it seems that WFs have their own energy pool that is used for their powers, which they can't get from the Tenno channeling whatever thing through them.

12 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

You notice the Tenno's energy regenerates but the WF's doesn't unless you Zenurik/Energy Pad/Whatever.

I don't know if this is on purpose, but it seems that WFs have their own energy pool that is used for their powers, which they can't get from the Tenno channeling whatever thing through them.

think of it as a battery and tenno is tapped into a wire via the void