Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

4 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Dude, that's implied nowhere but in your head. The Tenno had to kill their own parents, they even say that in the War Within. Nothing is known about the Stalker aside from what happens in the game, the best theory by far about him I think is my own that he's filled with Kuva.

Ironic, coming from the dude who made his headcanon into a massive forum post and then populated the comments section with reading comprehension issues. 

In the Rhino Prime Codex, they show Rhino Prime being developed in a facility where they are housing the CORPSES (seriously, read what I wrote before you attempt to refute it) of Zariman adults. This also neatly explains the upgraded specifications of Prime Warframes and why you are looking for their components; a vessel exposed to the void could theoretically be a far superior conduit.

In The Silver Grove, they display the results of improper transference usage and what it does to both the mind and body. Sylvana's condition closely mimics the Stalker's dysmorphia and declining mental state, up to and including the fact that emotions and raw sense input from the time of the misused transference linger far longer than is normal.

If you have a legitimate argument or counter point, feel free to make it. If you feel the need to have a kneejerk reaction to your headcanon being threatened, don't. If you need help understanding what I've written, try sounding out the the big words or asking a native speaker for help. Cheers. 

Edited by MadHatHacker

Just now, (PS4)slayerserenity said:

lol thanks 

read op would be my 1st  suggestion ... 

umbras are just a darker side to the primes to our current knowledge 

they are a frame variant paralleling primes , side grades basically to our knowledge

should be playable like any other frame , but umbras get their own system of deployment

Spoiler

per changyou agreement that the first of this line "excalibur umbra" cant be obtained via normal means or sold in market , he is obtainable [to our knowledge] via the quest "the sacrifice" coming soon 

14 hours ago, LoliPunch said:

Might be a stretch

It is. The sword seen in both cinematics is a basic Nikana, nothing more. The thing that's currently most believable is that the Nikana is just a weapon used across more than one group of people (i.e Tenno), clearly shown in the webcomic prior to Octavia's Anthem. 

46f353483b597b395ef179ebe50537a0.png

If the teaser's just happened to belong to Teshin, that'd be pretty pointless (in my opinion at least). There's really no significance to this new frame wielding Teshin's sword unless something tragic happened to him. Besides that, I have reason to believe the teaser is irrelevant to what we'll see in game. The Nikana is used in a lot of promos with Excalibur and Loki, so it's sort of the poster blade to WF's poster boy. And if Excal Umbra happens to wield a Nikana if we encounter him in the quest, I'm not exactly sure they're going to (or even need to, for that matter) explain why. Afterall, regardless of promotional material, it's just an easily accessible weapon.

Broken-War and the Broken Scepter represent tremendous achievements after drastic times. A Nikana is a Nikana is a Nikana. Unless we're getting variant #4, there's nothing special about the one seen in the teaser.

14 hours ago, Xardis said:

Dragon one has only a diffrent scabbard

Dragon Nikana has a gradient on the blade that the other two lack. It makes for a blood stained esque tip you can't get anywhere else.

Edited by LazerSkink

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

read op would be my 1st  suggestion ... 

umbras are just a darker side to the primes to our current knowledge 

they are a frame variant paralleling primes , side grades basically to our knowledge

should be playable like any other frame , but umbras get their own system of deployment

Reveal hidden contents

per changyou agreement that the first of this line "excalibur umbra" cant be obtained via normal means or sold in market , he is obtainable [to our knowledge] via the quest "the sacrifice" coming soon 

Thank you for nice respond. 

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

your welcome 

the knowledge base is located in the original post , the FAQ is best place to start 

there is also the discord if you want a faster response 

It just that with TennoCon Tenno get to play as a stalker in Warframe so I thought Umbra is a stalker Warframe.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)slayerserenity said:

It just that with TennoCon Tenno get to play as a stalker in Warframe so I thought Umbra is a stalker Warframe.

some have thought there was a connection with stalker and him for a while . in op discussions tab has a theories there is a stalker one  if that helps

we know the shadow stalker and umbra excal have same body models 

9 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

No you weren't listing, its was replacement for prime over in china, umbra is going end up meeting it again try match fight against prime.  Duh.

You missed a part of the conversation by now you now...

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

Calling it now. The sacrifice has to do with the stalker and umbra is somehow related to stalker. 

We don't know that yet, I guess the quest will have Stalker involved to know how he got this strong but I'm really sure of that.