Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

some have thought there was a connection with stalker and him for a while . in op discussions tab has a theories there is a stalker one  if that helps

we know the shadow stalker and umbra excal have same body models 

That is new for me, I have not even noticed that.

Also note that Stalker has the Umbra body in the scene before Hunhow gives him the Pakal armor, so somehow, for however brief a time, standard Stalker may have had both the standard Excalibur body and the Umbra Excalibur body he has as Shadow Stalker. 

7 hours ago, Crashen said:

As for the Stalker being filled with kuva, that isnt a terrible idea, but I never thought of Kuva as the literal mystical blood of the Orokin. I think of it as more of a medium for liquid data storage. Basically it is what allows Continuity to take place, by storing the consciousness of an Orokin or whoever. Just drinking it doesn't necessarily do anything, but it is a powerful tool and symbol.

Considering how much the Orokin probably also fcuked with their bodies who knows? Did you see the drawing of Ballas from the latest Tennocon? If not, check the wiki, cause that S#&$ ain't normal

4 hours ago, MadHatHacker said:

Ironic, coming from the dude who made his headcanon into a massive forum post and then populated the comments section with reading comprehension issues. 

In the Rhino Prime Codex, they show Rhino Prime being developed in a facility where they are housing the CORPSES (seriously, read what I wrote before you attempt to refute it) of Zariman adults. This also neatly explains the upgraded specifications of Prime Warframes and why you are looking for their components; a vessel exposed to the void could theoretically be a far superior conduit.

In The Silver Grove, they display the results of improper transference usage and what it does to both the mind and body. Sylvana's condition closely mimics the Stalker's dysmorphia and declining mental state, up to and including the fact that emotions and raw sense input from the time of the misused transference linger far longer than is normal.

If you have a legitimate argument or counter point, feel free to make it. If you feel the need to have a kneejerk reaction to your headcanon being threatened, don't. If you need help understanding what I've written, try sounding out the the big words or asking a native speaker for help. Cheers. 

Except it doesn't say corpses. Says I need reading comprehension, instantly jumps the gun and assumes himself lol. If they were corpses, why would the Rhino stop? It'd just go on through and continue eating and rampaging. And the way the speaker even says it he doesn't know if it's a morgue or not, he assumes it is. Read it for yourself s l o w l y this time and git gud kid.

And yes, in the Silver Grove they showed what happens when someone other than a Tenno tries Transference, which obviously had bad results for Sylvana. Check yourself before you try to argue with someone who has thought out a good headcanon

46 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Except it doesn't say corpses. Says I need reading comprehension, instantly jumps the gun and assumes himself lol. If they were corpses, why would the Rhino stop? It'd just go on through and continue eating and rampaging. And the way the speaker even says it he doesn't know if it's a morgue or not, he assumes it is. Read it for yourself s l o w l y this time and git gud kid.

And yes, in the Silver Grove they showed what happens when someone other than a Tenno tries Transference, which obviously had bad results for Sylvana. Check yourself before you try to argue with someone who has thought out a good headcanon

Spoiler

Then silence. Davis is panting, laughing? The beast fills the doorway, inches from him, dripping in blood, but still without violence. It stands there, looking at its hands. Davis whispers, "No one would have believed me." 

I crawl up the wall to stand, opposite the door. I've never seen this cell, a cold place with an array of shelves. A morgue? "Where are we, Davis?"

"This is where they keep them. The ones from Zariman." I'm thrown, what was the Zariman? The ship that never returned? "Davis, what's going on?" 

Spoiler

wMjWnIW.png

They only brought two types of people back from the Zariman. Corpses and Tenno. But I'm sure they're holding the children with superhuman energy powers in small cupboards, that would make perfect sense. Anyway, I've made my point clearly, concisely, and without meaningful refutation. 

I'm really torn here, y'know? Cause on the one hand, you're telling me that your theory makes perfect sense but on the other, well it's absolute crap and unsupported by meaningful facts or intelligent conjecture. It's alright though, you don't have to feel bad because I totally understand; after all, we can't all read and write at an adult level. Some people suffer with learning disabilities or other cognitive disorders, and that's okay!

Edited by MadHatHacker

On 7/16/2017 at 0:16 PM, Dhashruman said:

It would hardly be logical to make 30+ frames all the poster frames for the game

What I mean by that is for excel not to be catered so much by DE. I get the point but I want all players that enjoy their warframes to get Umbra'd.

Edited by (PS4)Chaotic_Mayhem30

5 hours ago, Kinetos said:

Also note that Stalker has the Umbra body in the scene before Hunhow gives him the Pakal armor, so somehow, for however brief a time, standard Stalker may have had both the standard Excalibur body and the Umbra Excalibur body he has as Shadow Stalker. 

Noticed that when rewatching TSD intro cinematic. It is quite unusual thing to see, but may be quite understandable because it was first cinematic quest for Warframe afterall.

Just chiming in again to reinforce my standpoint that the scarves should be an auxilary slot item for that type of frame, normal, prime or umbra.  Auxiliary slots are underutilized and a scarf would be perfect for those!

Just now, Z3GR4M said:

Just chiming in again to reinforce my standpoint that the scarves should be an auxilary slot item for that type of frame, normal, prime or umbra.  Auxiliary slots are underutilized and a scarf would be perfect for those!

Yeah they are kinda underused. This is good idea/suggestion.

But if I can guess, I may never unequip the scarf (if it is placed in auxiliary) because over the top fashion :heart:

So I was wondering Due to this theme of Sacrifice and Umbras being rouge ...Ive been thinking if in order to have an umbra you have to sacrifice the operator and you could not use them anymore how many people would be willing to give up there operator for this? I would be on the fence about it as im invested heavily into the story and my operator 

23 minutes ago, Ghostshott said:

So I was wondering Due to this theme of Sacrifice and Umbras being rouge ...Ive been thinking if in order to have an umbra you have to sacrifice the operator and you could not use them anymore how many people would be willing to give up there operator for this? I would be on the fence about it as im invested heavily into the story and my operator 

If the try to change operator so hard and delete him with options just for umbra. No i dont think so. DE has a bigger plan than what we can not imagine 

Edited by Vlada91

I honestly don't understand why people see the word "Sacrifice" and immediately think that we have to sacrifice something in the quest. Couldn't it simply just be referring to what the Warframes were before. The trailer made it seem like Ballas was talking to someone about trading places. Perhaps someone sacrificed themselves in the past in order to become a Warframe for our Operator.

This "Oh we will have to sacrifice something" line of thinking just baffles me.

1 hour ago, Corial said:

Yeah they are kinda underused. This is good idea/suggestion.

But if I can guess, I may never unequip the scarf (if it is placed in auxiliary) because over the top fashion :heart:

Right!?  I mean it is really freaking cool...  Fashionframe OP, pls nurf!