Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

22 minutes ago, Grimlock- said:

Was that the moon destroyed ? look at 14:41 - 14:50

He said "heres a sky.. (something) spoiler."

o^o Steve, you crazy teaser :heart:

Edited by Corial

So with Chinaframe shutting down, or having been shut down (not sure whether it's actually happened or not yet). Does this mean that legally speaking, DE has an opportunity to include Umbra Excalibur Prime into the global build without any legal ramifications?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but the trailer for "The Sacrifice" shows an Umbra Excalibur Prime does it not? Could this be foreshadowing of a nice surprise coming our way?

It would be a bit of a shame to just toss UEP into the void so to speak.

4 minutes ago, JoshuaAnders said:

So with Chinaframe shutting down, or having been shut down (not sure whether it's actually happened or not yet). Does this mean that legally speaking, DE has an opportunity to include Umbra Excalibur Prime into the global build without any legal ramifications?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but the trailer for "The Sacrifice" shows an Umbra Excalibur Prime does it not? Could this be foreshadowing of a nice surprise coming our way?

It would be a bit of a shame to just toss UEP into the void so to speak.

As far as I have understood it, Umbra Excalibur is going to look the same as Umbra Excalibur Prime. 

The only difference is the name. So it really doesn't matter at all anyway.

Not even a little. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

As far as I have understood it, Umbra Excalibur is going to look the same as Umbra Excalibur Prime. 

The only difference is the name. So it really doesn't matter at all anyway.

Not even a little. 

Oh sweet, that's all I care about tbh.

I've still seen nothing that actually shows "Excalibur Umbra Prime" being different from "Excalibur Umbra".

The models shown between the two have always been same and I've never even seen a DE employee say "Umbra Prime". Seems something more that was created within the community and spread around as if it was fact.

Edited by Sean

1 hour ago, Sean said:

I've still seen nothing that actually shows "Excalibur Umbra Prime" being different from "Excalibur Umbra".

The models shown between the two have always been same and I've never even seen a DE employee say "Umbra Prime". Seems something more that was created within the community and spread around as if it was fact.

Chine version was Umbra Prime, Founders only.

Just now, Eminem37 said:

Chine version was Umbra Prime, Founders only.

I've only seen players say that though, and the only official name I've seen of it is the Chinese Characters or DE themselves saying "Excalibur Umbra".

Additionally, the actual frame appears to be exactly the same.

29 minutes ago, Sean said:

I've only seen players say that though, and the only official name I've seen of it is the Chinese Characters or DE themselves saying "Excalibur Umbra".

There was an actuall Devstream If my memory don't fail me, but I guess it was back when excalibur umbra released, (around 2 and a half year or something) they said that they would release Umbra but it would not be the prime version just the normal umbra. That is one of the reasons Umbra is so hyped as well, since they said they would release it, It was even speculated to release after Wukong, There was as well a Topic made by [DE]Rebecca talking about the release of the Non prime version of excalibur umbra after 30 days of its release on china,the topic was shortly deleted after it was posted.

It was also said that it would not be gold as the prime version by the way, but the teaser now got everyone by surprise since is still there.

And it is a good thing that it is there, it's very pretty.

Edited by Eminem37

2 hours ago, Sean said:

read the FAQ in op is my suggestion , as your confused on an old topic   ....  as a few others seem, I suggest to all those new to read it at your earliest convenience 

quick recap :

star armor/changyou got a frame called "excalibur umbra prime" as a founder package along with spira prime and nikana prime , the star armor is a separate game form our own, many things/translation and such are not the same to globals. the global gets things from star armor content eventually like zhuge ,nikandi[nun-chucks] ,wukong,nezha ...ect 

per the agreement the global cant get the excalibur umbra prime in the normal method due to ..legal reasons 

it was decided that the frame would be deployed to the game via a quest drop , its presumed to be the one called "the sacrifice" 

the star armor excalibur umbra prime which has different stats from excalibur and excalibur prime 

Spoiler

5SXHPKd.jpg301485014131.jpg

what we of the "global" get is excalibur umbra , the first of a new warframe line called the "umbra warframes" 

the umbras are a counter part to the primes , they have their own deployment method separate from primes , what that is is unkown 

the model for the excalibur umbra is identical to the excalibur umbra prime as it is the same one with pbr upgrades, and thats because that is how we get excalibur umbra prime, its just not a prime , de decided to make umbra line its own thingm but it will hopefully have its own unique mechanic to differ itself from other excal variants currently employed in both games 

at this time we dont know what frames will follow it , or what stats or abilities it has , hopefully most will be made clear in the sacrifice quest 

al9WgMf.png

Okay, after watching every YouTubers theory on the sacrifice and looming at the available sources of lore in the game. I can conclude these YouTubers are crazy. Sacrificing a frame just to have Umbra is ridiculous. Or giving up the ability to use primes is even more crazy.

Now, I believe we should have saw this quest coming a mile away. I say this, because the lore for ember or Excalibur don't speak about operators. Embers tortured lore speaks on ember. Secondly, Lephantis never forgets to tell us we are of the same flesh. Now my crazy theory is that our "warframes" used to be people and are still sentient. By sentient I mean alive-ish. I believe people too far gone sacrificed themselves to make the warframe to protect the kids. Which would explain why their are genders and clear as day different sizes and shapes in warframe. I believe they are still sentient for the sole fact your warframe ripped a sword from his chest and saved your &#!. Keep in mind what we know about the abilities of our operator and his emo character. Theirs no way he subconsciously controlled it. That was all warframe moving on its own right.

Secondly, the grineer queen said she made our suit. But we know them for cloning flesh. Which only helps further Lephantis words we are of the same flesh and why if ppl sacrificed themselves to make the warframes..that their are copies of them for every tenno operator. Thirdly, in the latest quest we hear the w arframes reefer to as vessels. Their is significant important in calling them this. See a suit is just a suit,but a vessel can be living or dead. Such as a Angel possessing person. Or a spirit possessing a dead body. By calling them vessels she was and is alluding to something more about the frames. 

In conclusion, I could very well be wrong but it makes more sense then sacrificing our frames for Umbra honestly. I think people literally died for these frames. The grineer replicated them. And our frames still hold sentient consciousness to a extent.

I think it's too simple. 

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)VapidReaper said:

Okay, after watching every YouTubers theory on the sacrifice and looming at the available sources of lore in the game. I can conclude these YouTubers are crazy. Sacrificing a frame just to have Umbra is ridiculous. Or giving up the ability to use primes is even more crazy.

Now, I believe we should have saw this quest coming a mile away. I say this, because the lore for ember or Excalibur don't speak about operators. Embers tortured lore speaks on ember. Secondly, Lephantis never forgets to tell us we are of the same flesh. Now my crazy theory is that our "warframes" used to be people and are still sentient. By sentient I mean alive-ish. I believe people too far gone sacrificed themselves to make the warframe to protect the kids. Which would explain why their are genders and clear as day different sizes and shapes in warframe. I believe they are still sentient for the sole fact your warframe ripped a sword from his chest and saved your &#!. Keep in mind what we know about the abilities of our operator and his emo character. Theirs no way he subconsciously controlled it. That was all warframe moving on its own right.

Secondly, the grineer queen said she made our suit. But we know them for cloning flesh. Which only helps further Lephantis words we are of the same flesh and why if ppl sacrificed themselves to make the warframes..that their are copies of them for every tenno operator. Thirdly, in the latest quest we hear the w arframes reefer to as vessels. Their is significant important in calling them this. See a suit is just a suit,but a vessel can be living or dead. Such as a Angel possessing person. Or a spirit possessing a dead body. By calling them vessels she was and is alluding to something more about the frames. 

In conclusion, I could very well be wrong but it makes more sense then sacrificing our frames for Umbra honestly. I think people literally died for these frames. The grineer replicated them. And our frames still hold sentient consciousness to a extent.

The like flesh the infested refer to is the infested components used in our frames. 

When the queens say "we gave you your gifts" they mean the orokin did. 

Vessels can be inanimate objects as well. A jar or cup is a vessel. A suit is something you wear, a vessel holds stuff (typically fluids). 

My first initial thought was that we sacrifice our operator abilities, perhaps even our operator bodies and implant our consciousness into an Umbra frame fully, so that it becomes our vessel consistently rather than our natural physical bodies.

But I'm not sure how that would work. For example, how would we shift from Warframe to Warframe? What would happen to the countless hours we invested in Focus farming?

Now I'm considering the possibility that perhaps we sacrifice a Warframe itself. Perhaps in this case, an Excalibur Warframe. Perhaps we gain some kind of Orokin technology that converts a regular Warframe into an Umbra. So we essentially lose all progress we made with our pre-crafted Excalibur and begin anew with our new version.

I dunno, this has me kind of perplexed. Although I am sure that consciousness transferal has something to do with it, and I can't reel myself away from the possibility that we may have to choose whether or not to become a constant part of our Umbra Warframe as opposed to a temporary controlling force that exists outside of the Warframe.