Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

1 hour ago, (PS4)s3d_sas said:

Hi everyone :)

soo I had this idea in my head for while what DE released umbra on console as an exclusive perhaps for the first week just because excalibur prime was a PC exclusive and we console didn't receive the chance of getting it and it would be lovely that we console try it first ik it's impossible because DE always put the update first on PC to fix the bugs etc then release the update on console and ik that your thinking that I'm just making console players look they didn't feel appreciate it which is not we have our wonderful exclusives packs for example excalibur obsidian skin and other wonderful cosmetics but all what I'm just saying is an idea but what do u think of it is it good or bad ? or am I just saying that just to get umbra very fast ? Lol ;)

Sorry bro, but probably not something they would do. 

The reason why is simple: I'm sure you've heard people bring up the topic before of a "public test server", in a way, PC is the public test server for the console builds. PC DE is allowed to release stuff that isn't fully free of most bugs, and let us suss it out. 

On console, cert is governed by Sony and Microsoft and their process is very strict. Many bugs will cause them to send it right back. 

In other words, PC gets it first simply because DE wants to make sure we iron out the bugs for you guys before you get it. : ) 

In a way, we start with the raw stuff so your guys build will be more polished. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Xersil said:

I don't think it's vital for them to release on console first. You'll get it anyways so waiting a bit more time isn't that big of a deal imo. :satisfied:

It's kinda is should that I remind u that me and u Gina wait between 1 to 2 months for major update and in this time we only see them playing it for that long ;-;

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Sorry bro, but probably not something they would do. 

The reason why is simple: I'm sure you've heard people bring up the topic before of a "public test server", in a way, PC is the public test server for the console builds. PC DE is allowed to release stuff that isn't fully free of most bugs, and let us suss it out. 

On console, cert is governed by Sony and Microsoft and their process is very strict. Many bugs will cause them to send it right back. 

In other words, PC gets it first simply because DE wants to make sure we iron out the bugs for you guys before you get it. : ) 

In a way, we start with the raw stuff so your guys build will be more polished. 

Yeah I get it but that's was just an idea 😞

Edit: but seeing u guys playing it first while we watching it is really painful ;-;

Edited by (PS4)s3d_sas

I understand the desire to have some things first, but it isn't exactly realistic, because to make sure builds are ready to send for cert, making sure bugs are ironed out on PC first is a big part of that. 

However, you guys do get your own exclusives we can never, ever have on PC. Obsidian and Jade skins respectively, which I would love to have, but can never access. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)s3d_sas said:

It's kinda is should that I remind u that me and u Gina wait between 1 to 2 months for major update and in this time we only see them playing it for that long ;-;

It's not that big of a deal to me. I have enough patience to wait for updates. I apologize but there is no way that DE is going to push Umbra to console first.

• Like 1

I don't see the point in this really. I play Smite on the xbone, so we have to wait for new gods/skins while PC has already had them for a week or so. It's not that big of a deal waiting. It made me more excited for when we finally received the new skins or characters. I expect it wouldn't be any different for WF.

soo I had this idea in my head for while what DE released umbra on console as an exclusive perhaps for the first week just because excalibur prime was a PC exclusive and we console didn't receive the chance of getting it and it would be lovely that we console try it first ik it's impossible because DE always put the update first on PC to fix the bugs etc then release the update on console and ik that your thinking that I'm just making console players look they didn't feel appreciate it which is not we have our wonderful exclusives packs for example excalibur obsidian skin and other wonderful cosmetics but all what I'm just saying is an idea but what do u think of it is it good or bad ? or am I just saying that just to get umbra very fast ? Lol ;)

hahaha... Nop...

2 minutes ago, nickelshark said:

I don't see the point in this really. I play Smite on the xbone, so we have to wait for new gods/skins while PC has already had them for a week or so. It's not that big of a deal waiting. It made me more excited for when we finally received the new skins or characters. I expect it wouldn't be any different for WF.

Trust me if the waiting was a week I wouldn't ever start this ever and yeah playing other games  while waiting is good idea but u know if u was 24/7 on WF the days will be months of waiting ._. (Probably it's only me) 

2 hours ago, (PS4)s3d_sas said:

It's ok my fellow PS4 Snowflake, we will always have Azura and Reknowned Skin Excaliber.

Let them work out the kinks on the big-boy architecture and Umbra will be yours soon enough to mix-and-match with all the PS4 exclusives...to your heart's content.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

It's ok my fellow PS4 Snowflake, we will always have Azura and Reknowned Skin Excaliber.

Let them work out the kinks on the big-boy architecture and Umbra will be yours soon enough to mix-and-match with all the PS4 exclusives to your heart's content.

Ok ^^ 

The best thing is they release umbra at the same time for both pc and console. Although Unlikely since usualy they release on console after DE sure there is no bug and pc for users testing field (easier to correct one ver than 2 (ps and xbox) maybe). And correct me if i'm wrong but umbra supposed to be cinematic quest related the new storyline (after second dream and the war within) not just skin right?

5 minutes ago, Avynire said:

The best thing is they release umbra at the same time for both pc and console. Although Unlikely since usualy they release on console after DE sure there is no bug and pc for users testing field (easier to correct one ver than 2 (ps and xbox) maybe). And correct me if i'm wrong but umbra supposed to be cinematic quest related the new storyline (after second dream and the war within) not just skin right?

That would be an amazing move from DE

edit: no he's not a skin

Edited by (PS4)s3d_sas

I would rather everything be fully tested and relatively bug free before it drops on console even if it means waiting longer, quality is and should always be the main priority reguardless of how badly anybody wants it @s3d_sas

Edited by (XB1)Sheols
Word correction

Yeah I get it but that's was just an idea 😞

Edit: but seeing u guys playing it first while we watching it is really painful ;-;

Painful was watching Chine getting it, Rebecca saying we would get after 30 days, Wukong as first hope of Umbra coming, and now it has been 2 and half year of waiting.

And your topic is here because this is a mega about umbra.

Edited by Eminem37

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

tommy-lee-jones-implied-face-palm.png

^ my thoughts exactly 

Question why did my topic went here?

because ... umbra commands it ....  

JK P.S. read spoiler 

Spoiler

. _ .  

this is the megathread, a location that weve gathered all umbra data in one place for ease of the community to use 

any umbra splinter threads that are created are merged in because their questions usually can be answered by reading the FAQ on page one and/or answered by the savvy participants of the thread. who are well versed in the info 

also

to answer your question from earlier i read , we on console get obsidian and jade skins as our exclusives, i know we dont get prime, but consoles did not get warframe till a year after the founder packages was ended , even founders who transfer to console do not get the excal prime as its simply not available on our platform code wise 

we will all eventually get umbra excal , but probably once de work the kinks out on our build thanks to our dedicated tenno on pc trouble shoot the bugs

in all honesty,... ill be happy to see our fellow tenno get their umbras , i know ill  get mine eventually as will you and all console tenno, its an inevitability. 

~sincerely 

Mako 

8 hours ago, (PS4)s3d_sas said:

If you want stuff earlier get a pc and play with the new bugs like we get.... honestly you chose to play on console at the end of the day. 

You currently get to play the game without any game breaking bugs but I'm sure if DE could release them at the same time with the same bugs you'd be on here moaning about the bugs even more than the wait for your new frame etc.

Edited by LSG501