Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

What if Excalibur Umbra will have different Abilities than Exc. Prime or the Normal Version but not from other Warframes.

What im trying to say is that i think/hope he will have his own "new" abilities that are kinda like the normal abilities but different.

(like his 4 still calls a sword but the sword is a nikana and deals more damage the more you kill with it.)

just trying to throw my theory in here. :D

If warframe game is completed 50% on what we have in the game,and DE give us 10 more open worlds with some new mechanic and frames.then we have 99% that we need in warframe and call it not beta but full finish game that we dont need more updates just fix because we have all that we can have. And then maybe DE will give us the Umbra frame....so in 5 to 10 more years of waiting... 🤔😁👍😒

2 hours ago, Rayiss said:

What if Excalibur Umbra will have different Abilities than Exc. Prime or the Normal Version but not from other Warframes.

What im trying to say is that i think/hope he will have his own "new" abilities that are kinda like the normal abilities but different.

(like his 4 still calls a sword but the sword is a nikana and deals more damage the more you kill with it.)

its a theory , good as any we can throw out 

personaly i just want an excal + with new passive 

5 hours ago, Rayiss said:

It would be a good time since Primes you can keep your fav frames abilities but better stats while with Umbra, there would be no risk. 

I'd assume a buffed Excalibur Umbra would allow them to buff up Excalibur Prime as well. Excalibur Prime has such a soft upgrade compared to other primes because of how exclusive he is. He's mostly an alt skin, which feels kind of bad. 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

That video of Umbra in capture shows his EB is pure white even his default energy color is blue. 

i saw a black one once in china frame 

56 minutes ago, Acos said:

I'd assume a buffed Excalibur Umbra would allow them to buff up Excalibur Prime as well. Excalibur Prime has such a soft upgrade compared to other primes because of how exclusive he is. He's mostly an alt skin, which feels kind of bad. 

ive speculated that when the excal Umbra is coming excalibur in general may see some visual tweaks 

and if umbra is a side grade then either is close to excal prime or excal prime and it will be comparably stat changed to fit the new bar 

On 12/16/2017 at 11:37 AM, Phobonaut said:

Do you guys even use Excal P? I'm in a clan with a lot of Founders, and they NEVER use him. Which isn't that odd given how it's just an Excalibur that gets energy boosts from Death Orbs.

I use him as a "main" but I also have and use most of the other frames.

But I have to agree that he is kinda overrated gameplay-wise and if he were to get released (which is not gonna happen), people will realise what he truly is.

He's not a godly upgrade to norm Excalibur unless 25 more armor is a big deal:crylaugh:.

He is a status symbol of a financial gamble/investment made by early players willing to part with 50USD to 250USD on a "tech demo" (if you think warframe is boring or grindy now..you know nothing) that looked like this (for pretty much the whole game) with a relatively new "Free to Play" distribution method at that time:

The whole exclusivity is what really makes him and Founders "special" but the reality is there really is nothing special to him (and Umbra as a proxy to him) and also Founders.

In truth, even though I am pretty interested in how Umbra plays out and whether he is meant to be Excalibur Prime 2.0, I am very certain nothing changes after Excalibur Umbra is released.

People will still want Excalibur Prime and some will still direct that hate and jealousy to the Founders.

So, that is also partly why I want Umbra to be more than just Excalibur Prime 2.0 because few months or even weeks after his release, people are gonna realise he is just another Excalibur to be grinded for (assuming he is just Excalibur Prime 2.0) and months or years down the road, we will get another bunch of other Primes 2.0 because of the attempt to proxy Excalibur Prime.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

(if you think warframe is bad or grindy now..you know nothing) that looked like this:

Oh as someone who joined in 2013... I remember grinding my &#! off for complete and total utter mastery fodder - because that was the only content we had. :crylaugh: Back when I would have to spend a whole day fighting Vor or the Jackal over and over and over again just to get one Orokin cell or a Control Module. :clem:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phobonaut said:

Oh as someone who joined in 2013... I remember grinding my &#! off for complete and total utter mastery fodder - because that was the only content we had. :crylaugh: Back when I would have to spend a whole day fighting Vor or the Jackal over and over and over again just to get one Orokin cell or a Control Module. :clem:

hahaha..good times:crylaugh:

What if: 

“Excalibur Umbra’s damage is doubled when on Lua.” Boy that would be op. But you got to say, the darkness is his ally, and the moonlight only strengthens him. 

Of course Lua isn’t in someone’s everyday play schedule unless hunting sentients, so this passive would be really unnecessary however really cool for the fact that the moon seems like an important location for Umbra. 

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

What if: 

“Excalibur Umbra’s damage is doubled when on Lua.” Boy that would be op. But you got to say, the darkness is his ally, and the moonlight only strengthens him. 

Of course Lua isn’t in someone’s everyday play schedule unless hunting sentients, so this passive would be really unnecessary however really cool for the fact that the moon seems like an important location for Umbra. 

would be in line with the passive for primes which really only matters in the void. x3

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

What if: 

Or, you know, you could give them a passive that benefits them throughout the entire game and is related to the Orokin. Something like increased stats the more Primes in a squad are present. Cause the bright the light the darker the shadow. Or whatever.

7 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Or, you know, you could give them a passive that benefits them throughout the entire game and is related to the Orokin. Something like increased stats the more Primes in a squad are present. Cause the bright the light the darker the shadow. Or whatever.

Would you consider the death orb passive a benefit throughout the entire game now that the void is only used for argon crystal farming? And as for increased stats, Umbra has the same stats as prime but 150 energy instead of the standard 100, according to ChinaFrame.

Heh.

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

Would you consider the death orb passive a benefit throughout the entire game now that the void is only used for argon crystal farming?

I wouldn't consider death orbs a good passive that should be mimicked. Prime passive is useless... So Umbra passive must be useless? Why? Why not make Umbra passive useful and rework Prime Passive to be useful? 

25 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

I just hope I can get to play him half year later, when I finish my contract and go back home. I've been waiting for 2 years already.

I think he is coming before next tennocon or tenno-something... so I think 4 more months to wait for him...

Whelp, Khora just got delayed till next year, so we'll probably see Umbra sometime in 2019.

Damn it, DE get your sh*t together. All your sh*t. In a bag. So it's all together. 

Edited by Valor