Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

22 hours ago, erasthmus said:

given what has happened, what do you guys think will happen? will we ever find the lotus?

I think we may eventually have a choice to make.

Restore Margulis.

Stick with Lotus (mixed consciousness of Margulis and Natah)

Restore Natah.

Well, Ballas did kind of made the first choice already but I believe we may have to choose at the end of Sacrifice.

13 hours ago, Berdfess said:

This umbra hype is such a mindless bandwagon, I hope after years of waiting this obnoxious meme bubble will finally burst. All the time "ubmra this, umbra that", who cares, srsly.

Many people care actually, if you don't just stay quiet, it is simple as that, I don't care about PoE and i'm not *@##$ing about it, give the people who care their own space.

I was not hyped for the "meme" I was here when it was announced to be added after wukong, it never did and I'm waiting it since, I don't have expectations of Umbra's abilities he just looks cool and I want it.

For those who want it because of the "meme" thing well its their S#&$ anyway.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

1 hour ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Many people care actually, if you don't just stay quiet, it is simple as that, I don't care about PoE and i'm not *@##$ing about it, give the people who care their own space.

I was not hyped for the "meme" I was here when it was announced to be added after wukong, it never did and I'm waiting it since, I don't have expectations of Umbra's abilities he just looks cool and I want it.

For those who want it because of the "meme" thing well its their S#&$ anyway.

I won't stay quiet, and you don't get to tell me what to do, ok, thanks.

Ballas has a unique melee weapon I'd like to witness in action.

As for Umbra, Sacrifice might be the conclusion of Apostasy, however that pans out.

I suspect we may have to team up with Stalker (and Hunhow), Ordis, and/or maybe other enemies to find Lotus. Maybe even Vay Hek.

And at the end of it we'd leave Hunhow to deal with Vay Hek, and Ballas would handle Stalker anyway while we sneak off with our Lotus...
...Or, if Ballas happens to know the cure for Sentient 'infertility', Lotus.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Ballas has a unique melee weapon I'd like to witness in action.

As for Umbra, Sacrifice might be the conclusion of Apostasy, however that pans out.

I suspect we may have to team up with Stalker (and Hunhow), Ordis, and/or maybe other enemies to find Lotus. Maybe even Vay Hek.

And at the end of it we'd leave Hunhow to deal with Vay Hek, and Ballas would handle Stalker anyway while we sneak off with our Lotus...
...Or, if Ballas happens to know the cure for Sentient 'infertility', Lotus.

Tenno: Team up with me!

Stalker: Why should I?

Tenno: I have found my Orokin space daddy

Edited by CaptainStrawberry

21 hours ago, Berdfess said:

This umbra hype is such a mindless bandwagon, I hope after years of waiting this obnoxious meme bubble will finally burst. All the time "ubmra this, umbra that", who cares, srsly.

MANY people do.

You not caring (though why come to this thread if you didn't?) doesn't invalidate the fact that many others do.

• Like 1

On 23/12/2017 at 6:33 AM, Berdfess said:

Ah the classic “nobody cares” post. As others have already said, you care enough to share your non-constructive opinion on the matter, so stop acting like you’re so above it all. Quite a lot of people care, that is why this thread has been around for two years and has regular posts.

9 hours ago, Berdfess said:

Edgy. 

If you have nothing meaningful to add to the discussion, don’t say anything at all.

On 23/12/2017 at 3:33 AM, Berdfess said:

What a nice way to follow a thread while staying edgy. Hope you don't care about getting some more notifications from us :)

3 hours ago, bloemkoolmeeworst said:

Do you think umbra is going to be payable with plat? Cause, if he is, I can buy him with a warframe slot and a patato included...

If I remember correctly the agreement stated that Excal Umbra can't be obtainable via purchase or drops which means that he would have to be a direct quest reward.

On 23/12/2017 at 7:41 PM, Berdfess said:

You right kid, so welcome to the thread, you will be having notifications from us the people who care.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man oh man, anyone think this Apostasy Prologue  will have anything to do with umbra? I just went back to check the forums after hearing about it.

10 hours ago, (PS4)slayerserenity said:

When Umbra will be released for console?

After PC gets it like always. (since it's easy to update the PC plataform and fix any following glitches)

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-
  • Like 1

On December 24, 2017 at 9:20 AM, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

If I remember correctly the agreement stated that Excal Umbra can't be obtainable via purchase or drops which means that he would have to be a direct quest reward.

Because if my business model theory holds true, built Primes will be required to make their Umbra counterparts and Unvaulted packs  will coincide with Umbra conversion/BP/events.

Excal Prime's obvious restrictions make him (him being Excal UMBRA) an event/quest reward.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

hi this a discussion about if we (console players) should have EXCAILBER UMBRA for are on exclusive warframe so here are some reasons.

reason 1: i think it was DE Rebecca that was asked if excel prime was coming back and she says "i dont think it will come back but i don know yet'

s,,so i thought to my self if excal prime is not coming back for consoles or pc,so will umbra give consoles a chance?

reason 2: warframe could make a lot of profit bringing umbra to consoles from players of the xbox and ps4 community and it will only be fare

...conclusion: well that's all tenno skoom, see u later. 

7 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Excal Prime's obvious restrictions make him an event/quest reward.

Actually, Excal Prime's obvious restrictions means he will never be released. Not as another prime access, not as another event reward, not as another founder's package.

In fact, the whole reason Excal Umbra even exists is because Changyou wanted a founders-exclusive but DE honoured the promise and did not give them Excal Prime but an Excal Umbra Prime instead. Then, when people found out, a lot of noise was made and DE found another which is to release Excal Umbra and not Excal Umbra Prime (which I think has the sane agreement at Excal Prime but in the Chinese build).

What is more likely (if indeed frames are needed in crafting Umbras) is that built normal frames (which everyone can acquire) are required and this will coincide with discounts on the market or none at all.

It will mean all those who sold off their normal frames after getting prime versions will have to farm or buy the frames again.

This is good revenue for DE because due to the relatively low price of some of these frames (some costs only 75plat which I think happens to be the lowest plat bundle as well). Excal only costs 75plat in the market but requires long time to farm through Ambulas and since Excal Umbra is so hyped up, people will pay the 75plat.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO