Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

2 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Let's not turn this into another Excal Prime thread, you all should know how that ends up.

Excal Prime is a founders exclusive and thats it, no idea why this has been brought up again considering how many times this was talked about.

Click back a page.  Someone made a thread that was merged into this mega thread, asking to have Umbra for consoles only because of Excal Prime. 

55 minutes ago, Cyndocrit said:

I guess this is the perfect time to awaken the God of Edge.

I can never really tell what "edgy" means these days outside of  music. Some tell me it's having a personality that is macabre and brooding, others tell me it's to have an obsession with blood and gore, still others tell me it's when a person who isn't innately either of the previous acts that way in order to make up for a lack of personality, to "impress" friends, or to stand out in a crowd.

Is it all of these, one of these, or something I'm missing?

35 minutes ago, Unus said:

I can never really tell what "edgy" means these days outside of  music. Some tell me it's having a personality that is macabre and brooding, others tell me it's to have an obsession with blood and gore, still others tell me it's when a person who isn't innately either of the previous acts that way in order to make up for a lack of personality, to "impress" friends, or to stand out in a crowd.

Most commonly red and black colors used in warframe, though, it doesn't always have to be edgy. 

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 12:11 PM, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

codex is still stating they are sentient faction 

to my understanding they are still just a sentient, but unlike its original form we defeated long ago it does not have the "sentience" or intelligence/awareness it did previously, but can still as the larger fragment control its smaller pieces the vomvalysts to protect/heal it. like a raw instinct probably derived from their experience on tau 

example as hunhow created his "fragments" batalysts, concalysts which are it seems a drone like unit , without sentience /self consciousness & hunhow seems to be able to control /direct these fragments for combat purposes 

it makes me consider that the fragmentation process of sentients removes base awareness and reverts fragments to the simple drone directive, only over time, and adaption , and mass gain do they attain awareness and sentience  

this then makes sense as then the fragments are simply blank slates, or children to the larger more aware sentient which can teach or maybe program or direct  them for more complex tasks , either that or mass size of sentient split determines its base intelligence / awareness   level

[per stallord]

Hide contents

Image result for sentient warframe

and further then as was explained at tennocon the sentient outposts are created from large fragments of a BIG sentient , which have many smaller ones inside and that these base fragments are still "alive" and further rebuilding themselves 

4-SentientOutpost2-1024x576.jpg3-SentientOutpost1-1024x576.jpg

6-SentientOutpost4-1024x576.jpg

WOAH dude. btw one of simaris' lore entries will clarify the sentient sentience thing btw. kinda don't wanna spoil it for you now that I read that from you lol

17 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Oh I see! 

Hmm..it's unlikely but possible.

Unlikely because DE has never given a direct reward that does not need building from a quest before but it will be a good change.

The Second Dream awarded us with a fully-built and potatoed Broken War with its own slot. The War Within awarded us with Broken Scepter in the same way. I'm sure The Sacrifice will do the same thing. Maybe it's gonna be Excal Umbra. Maybe it's gonna be Ballas' sword.

17 hours ago, Phobonaut said:

@OoKennEtHoO If I understand correctly, Excal Umbra Prime was just an error of the marketing team. It was just Excal Umbra.

Hmm..well, can't really tell for sure but the chinese wording for Excal Umbra definitely seems to mention Prime though.

They use the word "圣装" as "Prime" for their equipment.

And Excal Umbra is called "暗影圣装圣剑".

"暗影" or shadow is definitely talking about "Umbra"

"圣装" or sage armor/mode is likely talking about "Prime"

"圣剑" or sage sword or master sword is probably "Excalibur".

From what I heard, the Excal Umbra we are gonna get in the global build is supposed to be different probably in name or minor change in look from the one in the Chinese build.

However, so far I don't see the difference.

9 hours ago, Cyndocrit said:

Most commonly red and black colors used in warframe, though, it doesn't always have to be edgy. 

Ah, perhaps my Chroma Manic skinset isn't suspect then. 

1 hour ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Displaying emotionally dark traits to such a degree that its glorification becomes the dominant attribute of something or one. Basically trying too hard to appear "cool". As far as that goes, Umbra fits the bill.

Reveal hidden contents

DJ65laAU8AIzP-w.jpg:large

Ah, okay, phew, I feared my natural morbidity might cause people to assume I'm trying to don the "Cape of Cool", especially when I created an in-depth Red Veil gun over in the Pit that became a little popular. Not something I normally work on, but, necessary for the sake of the faction theme.

11 hours ago, Unus said:

Dictionary says edgy is "tense, nervous, or irritable". As in "I drank too much coffee, now I'm edgy." Can also mean new, trending. Like Warframe was edgy in 2013 because it was pretty much the only far-future scifi game set on Earth. Of course, thanks to all the sarcastic use of "edgy" it now means childishly "adult".

2 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Hmm..well, can't really tell for sure but the chinese wording for Excal Umbra definitely seems to mention Prime though.

They use the word "圣装" as "Prime" for their equipment.

And Excal Umbra is called "暗影圣装圣剑".

"暗影" or shadow is definitely talking about "Umbra"

"圣装" or sage armor/mode is likely talking about "Prime"

"圣剑" or sage sword or master sword is probably "Excalibur".

From what I heard, the Excal Umbra we are gonna get in the global build is supposed to be different probably in name or minor change in look from the one in the Chinese build.

However, so far I don't see the difference.

Well, as I understand, there is no difference because the Chinese marketing team made a mistake.

Edited by Phobonaut

1 hour ago, Phobonaut said:

Well, as I understand, there is no difference because the Chinese marketing team made a mistake.

But the thing is..the name is in the game..I wasn't talking about the posters or the promotional materials but the screenshots from the Chinese warframe.

So, unless the developers on the Chinese side or DE messed up the naming, it is quite likely they got Excal Umbra Prime. Whether this will affect what we got is unknown but as far as I am aware of, that frame they got was supposed to be founders-exclusive for the Chinese build so that would normally mean we can't get it unless they use a loophole like changing the looks or name (which also happens to be why that frame was even created..because DE did not want to break the promise on Excal Prime). I don't think DE will break the exclusivity promise for the Chinese too.

That said, DE did mention that what we get will be different so "Prime" or not, at least we know it should be different from the Chinese build at least.

Could be the abilities or passives or things we can't see from the exterior or what was shown in the trailer at Tennocon.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

8 hours ago, Ksaero said:

The Second Dream awarded us with a fully-built and potatoed Broken War with its own slot. The War Within awarded us with Broken Scepter in the same way. I'm sure The Sacrifice will do the same thing. Maybe it's gonna be Excal Umbra. Maybe it's gonna be Ballas' sword.

Broken Nikana...

Or since people want dual wielding Nikana, imagine giant sword split into two and we have it...

What if we have to choose more umbras and not jos excal version that we all know. We did wait for 2 long so everything is possible. Yea big surprise is quest and stories but what if we get 1 more extra surprise and that is we can more umbra versions... its like from the star when we begin with the game there is excal mag and volt, maybe now we can have to take excal umbra,frost umbra,ember umbra and who know what else and the rest umbras we can somehow farm... because it would be stupid to wait for 3 years just for 1 umbra frame...

15 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Maybe Ballas arm as a sword, just like that dark souls III item.

I'm joking.

It would be hilarious to see the tenno running with an arm as a weapon tho.

9 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

What if we have to choose more umbras and not jos excal version that we all know. We did wait for 2 long so everything is possible. Yea big surprise is quest and stories but what if we get 1 more extra surprise and that is we can more umbra versions... its like from the star when we begin with the game there is excal mag and volt, maybe now we can have to take excal umbra,frost umbra,ember umbra and who know what else and the rest umbras we can somehow farm... because it would be stupid to wait for 3 years just for 1 umbra frame...

DE said that there would probably be umbra versions of every or almost all frames.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-