Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

So someone in my clan's Discord channel posted that they were hoping that the whole Umbra quest wasn't going to just be getting Lotus back. This got me thinking for a minute or two and eventually I had an idea of what the next quest could potentially be, though it probably won't, but it would be amazing if it was, and my clan mates thought it was worthy of the DE quest work and suggested I send it to them. So, here's what I thought would be a wonderful Umbra quest that, I believe would entertain both those interested in Warframe's combat, and those interested in the lore.

I hope it ties into that whole bug where the stalker gets downed but goes into a position where he could be revived right before he dies, so the whole sacrifice quest is actually getting kidnapped by stalker and his acolytes who then show you the true Tenno path and how corrupted the current path has become, and during the quest you fight along stalker and he may get downed so you have to save him, and eventually you have to "See through his eyes" to see the goal of the path, which leads to you playing as the stalker and seeking out another Tenno in game and you do it over and over until you get a kill, and once you do it cuts to a cut scene where it turns out you actually took down your own frame as the stalker, which leads to an emotional cut scene that ends with shadow stalker saying something like "This is what your path leads to." then healing your frame before continuing with "Help me show others their error and correct it." Then he reaches up and takes off his helmet to reveal he was actually Excalibur umbra, reaches out a hand, and says "I will fight by your side, so long as you travel the true path."

I'm very interested in what others may think of this little bit of a quest, and perhaps a better way to have it be in the hands of the Devs to look over.

8 hours ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Maybe Ballas arm as a sword, just like that dark souls III item.

I'm joking.

It would be hilarious to see the tenno running with an arm as a weapon tho.

DE said that there would probably be umbra versions of every or almost all frames.

Yea I know that is why I whose saying all this,because we dont know for shore are we going to have just umbra excal all umbra version in one... because we did waith for 2 long... And it would make more sense to have completed version and not just 1...

Edited by Vlada91

I'd like it to be an exalted version of an existing frame(for now excalibur only) which can be unlocked by beating a cinemtaic quest for each frame and each having their own cinematic umbra quests. After beating the quest you get the main "umbra data" absorbed by your host frame and you farm the rest of the datas by bringing the host warframe in specific missions and if lucky, the mission will reward a data for the host warframe to absorb.

The umbra must have different or altered sets of skills, its own attachment and syandana loadouts, its own mods loadout and uses separate reactor but doesn't take a frame slot, it is"summoned" so it needs a host frame which can be regular or primed variant. Once you metamorphosed to umbra at the beginning of a mission you cannot go back to regular or primed variant until the end and beginning of a new mission. Would also like to make it possible to switch to umbra or regular/primed versions at the relays or bazzar for fashion statements.

Though it's probably too late now to suggest this i still like this idea.

58 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

I like everybody calls Excalibur Umbra "Umbra" even though we know he is just going to be the first of a line of sets

Yeah. [Almost] everyone here, myself included, is excited for Excalibur Umbra. And yet, here I am... hoping for Trinity Umbra... Maybe 2019 or 2020 will finally deliver. LoL

Edited by (XB1)N7 Sinner

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)N7 Sinner said:

Yeah. [Almost] everyone here, myself included, is excited for Excalibur Umbra. And yet, here I am... hoping for Trinity Umbra... Maybe 2019 or 2020 will finally deliver. LoL

but... what about... zephyr umbra? maybe then they will recall that she exists.