Jump to content
(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

Well, maybe they will get Excalibur Prime instead? I think it kinda makes sense, except theirs just wouldn't be called Excalibur Prime, just Excalibur, uh... Eclipse? I dunno. Whatever the brightest part of a shadow is I guess. 

I think this would be fair to them. They never got Excalibur Prime, we never got Umbra. So since we are now going to get an Umbra that looks exactly the same as their prime, they should get an "Umbra" that looks exactly the same as our Prime. It wouldn't technically be releasing Excal Prime again, and still follows the contract. DE would give them an Excal Prime skinned Warframe that follows the story of our quest, just with a different Warframe. 

What do you guys think? Would this work? Does it still follow the contract? 

OoKeNnEtHoO, since you are a founder, I think you would be a good person to ask about this. I quoted you so you would get a notification. Lol. 

*Mischievous laghter*

hahaha..maybe, maybe not but to be honest unlikely.

Because if DE was gonna release Excalibur Eclipse or whatever the Excalibur Prime lookalke is in Chinaframe, it would have been done in the first place instead of Excalibur Umbra Prime.

I did initially tried to find out more about Chinaframe lore to find differences that could potentially point towards the Sacrifice but as far as I am aware, their build is a carbon copy and their Excalibur Umbra Prime doesn't seem to have any actual lore tied to it for now.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

going off of what kelseir said (despite the likelihood of that happening) who wants to brainstorm alternative names for excal prime going off of the light/shadow theme set by umbra?

excalibur arago (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arago_spot )

candidus: (latin: pure white (used when descrining the togas of senators and politicians), radiant, unclouded, fair skinned/pale)

candens: (latin: shining bright white, boiling/ red-hot) 

albinine: (bastardization of latin albus meaning white/ eye-white)

canus: (latin: white-capped, wise, old, grey, hoary, white w/ snow/frost) (not to be confused with the latin canis/canem meaning dog) 

nitidus: (latin: shining, clear) also could bastardize into nitidine or some other variation

princeps: (latin: first, chief)

primus: (latin: first, original)

adsiduus: (latin: constant, unremitting, first-class)

just a fun little though exercise, but what other names do you guys think the orokin could have come up with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, erasthmus said:

going off of what kelseir said (despite the likelihood of that happening) who wants to brainstorm alternative names for excal prime going off of the light/shadow theme set by umbra?

excalibur arago (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arago_spot )

candidus: (latin: pure white (used when descrining the togas of senators and politicians), radiant, unclouded, fair skinned/pale)

candens: (latin: shining bright white, boiling/ red-hot) 

albinine: (bastardization of latin albus meaning white/ eye-white)

canus: (latin: white-capped, wise, old, grey, hoary, white w/ snow/frost) (not to be confused with the latin canis/canem meaning dog) 

nitidus: (latin: shining, clear) also could bastardize into nitidine or some other variation

princeps: (latin: first, chief)

primus: (latin: first, original)

adsiduus: (latin: constant, unremitting, first-class)

just a fun little though exercise, but what other names do you guys think the orokin could have come up with?

Maybe Radiance.

Excalibur Radiance.

The naming convention may even be pre-fix manner like Radiant Excalibur.

It will be in chinese though.

Excalibur is called 圣剑 there.

So, it will something 圣剑 or 圣剑 something.

They use 圣装 as Prime and 暗影 as Umbra.

暗影圣装圣剑 is the name given to their Excalibur Umbra Prime.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theory: Umbras start out as regular frames but are "tainted" by killing an Orokin(possibly involving the kuva they possess and preventing transference).

a)It would mean only a few Umbra frames existed originally(The first ones being the ones that killed the Orokin leaders at the betrayal) and then as we exterminated the Orokin more popped up.

b)The means for creating an Umbra(killing an Orokin) are available to us now that Ballas went to pick up the Lotus. 

c)And the sacrifice wouldn't be for us but to the Lotus as we kill Margulis' lover to get that Umbra. (Maybe if we do kill him she doesn't come back and we lose her transmissions forever.)

  • Like 1
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jeoxz said:

Theory: Umbras start out as regular frames but are "tainted" by killing an Orokin(possibly involving the kuva they possess and preventing transference).

a)It would mean only a few Umbra frames existed originally(The first ones being the ones that killed the Orokin leaders at the betrayal) and then as we exterminated the Orokin more popped up.

b)The means for creating an Umbra(killing an Orokin) are available to us now that Ballas went to pick up the Lotus. 

c)And the sacrifice wouldn't be for us but to the Lotus as we kill Margulis' lover to get that Umbra. (Maybe if we do kill him she doesn't come back and we lose her transmissions forever.)

Wow. I like that ALOT. A sacrifice isn't really a sacrifice if we don't give up something we care about. Dude, you nailed it. I would be torn in half by this. I mean, I have posted many a comment about what lengths I will go to to get Lotus back, but... wow. I mean, really, WOW. 

I hate the guts of the Orokin and would love to get a Warframe by killing one. The Warframe would just be a bonus, really. But if it meant losing Lotus forever... I might not kill the Orokin. I mean, seriously. This is a piece of pure genius. As much as I hate the Orokin, I don't know if that hate is strong enough to lose Lotus. 

This is something that would truly be impactful to me as a player. 

Thank you for this theory. I think DE might have a winner right here. I get the strangest feeling that they're just Watchung this thread waiting for good ideas about The Sacrifice. They just made a trailer that would be heavy enough to make us speculate, but vague enough to not make it seem like something would happen. They made the Apostasy Prologue to give us more ideas. I think this is the one...

Jk. But seriousoy, this is amazing dude. Have a cookie. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... the Sacrifice? 

Is Lotus gonna sacrifice herself for tenno or sacrifice tenno for something?

Why did Ballas call Lotus Margulis? We all know she is Natah, Hunhow's daughter, so she cannot be Margulis.

I wonder if the new quest is related to Chains of Harrow. Could Ballas be the man in the wall? Is the ghost operator we see in our ship related to the sacrifice quest by any means?

Are we gonna fight ballas? or possibly Lotus?

Is Umbra Ballas's soldier?

I think it may be good that the operator has to stand on his'her own feet, alone. Time to grow up. I wonder if Lotus dies, or leaves forever. 

These are my opinions. They are not questions for you to answer. Share yours own opinions. Be creative. :)

P.S. You are not forced to comment so just post what u think if you are interested.

Edited by Crimson_Ruby_313
added some

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mover-NeRo said:

This is not Sacrrifice quest..and we dont know if its actualy connected to the Sacrifice.

Bro Just share what u think the quest might be like. Your own personal questions and opinions. That's all u should post here.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Crimson_Ruby_313 said:

Bro Just share what u think the quest might be like. Your own personal questions and opinions. That's all u should post here.

Bro...why not look at dozens other threads that exist already.

  • Upvote 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my opinion:

- seems interesting.

- Umbra looks like a cool ‘frame.

- The teaser suggests that it has to do with either Ballas himself or with the consequences of something he did.

- Let’s wait and see because we know very little else, that’s why it’s a teaser.

- Christ I hope DE don’t go with the profoundly lame and awful idea that the first generation of Warframes were the parents from the Zariman who magically survived through the power of retcon so that the Tenno can be wondrously revealed to be 100% innocent and never did anything wrong ever because they are magically beautiful innocent wholesome saviour space children after all, and Transference is really the power of Love.

 

Sweet Jesus Christ DE NO!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Here is my opinion:

- seems interesting.

- Umbra looks like a cool ‘frame.

- The teaser suggests that it has to do with either Ballas himself or with the consequences of something he did.

- Let’s wait and see because we know very little else, that’s why it’s a teaser.

- Christ I hope DE don’t go with the profoundly lame and awful idea that the first generation of Warframes were the parents from the Zariman who magically survived through the power of retcon so that the Tenno can be wondrously revealed to be 100% innocent and never did anything wrong ever because they are magically beautiful innocent wholesome saviour space children after all, and Transference is really the power of Love.

 

Sweet Jesus Christ DE NO!

I'm gonna be done with the game if that is true lol

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are talking about the Apostasy, not the Sacrifice. 

My theory is the sacrifice quest will be about how humans in the orokin era were sacrificed to become warframes. As in their flesh was infected and became a part of "the original one". 

Ballas calls Lotus Margulis, because Lotus is a sentient that took control over Margulis body. Lotus herself is not human.

Man in the wall is a void entity, void demon, something like that.

Ballas is an orokin executor. A prime A****** ;)

Umbra is a myth.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, puciate said:

You are talking about the Apostasy, not the Sacrifice. 

My theory is the sacrifice quest will be about how humans in the orokin era were sacrificed to become warframes. As in their flesh was infected and became a part of "the original one". 

Ballas calls Lotus Margulis, because Lotus is a sentient that took control over Margulis body. Lotus herself is not human.

Man in the wall is a void entity, void demon, something like that.

Ballas is an orokin executor. A prime A****** ;)

Umbra is a myth.

Interesting Thanks for sharing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My theory:

We won't have to make a sacrifice at all

(The sacrifice could have been made a long time ago, and this quest might just be a big lore lesson)

(Someone else makes the sacrifice)

It's a title, after all

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope I'll be able to sacrifice Lotus, Ballas & Ordis. Plus any syndicate leader besides Ergo Glast.Hopefully Onkko too.

I don't even want stuff in exchange, I just want to get rid of a bunch of NPCs.

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Leland_Gaunt said:

I hope I'll be able to sacrifice Lotus, Ballas & Ordis. Plus any syndicate leader besides Ergo Glast.Hopefully Onkko too.

I don't even want stuff in exchange, I just want to get rid of a bunch of NPCs.

Not Ordis:sadcry: But Kill the rest I help you

Edited by Crimson_Ruby_313
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leland_Gaunt said:

I hope I'll be able to sacrifice Lotus, Ballas & Ordis. Plus any syndicate leader besides Ergo Glast.Hopefully Onkko too.

I don't even want stuff in exchange, I just want to get rid of a bunch of NPCs.

  Cressa Tal is best space mom and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise. 

Moving on, I'd like to see something like Umbras are Rogue warframes like the one featured in the Rhino Prime codex entry, where even while we're in operator mode they can still act on their own and defend our position. I'd even be happy if it just uses normal spectre AI and we can command it to use abilities by pressing its 1, 2, 3, and 4. For targeted nukes either make them use the ability on what we have our crosshair on or make it similar to Nidus's 1 where we can see an outline of the target area by holding it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...