Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

On June 30, 2017 at 5:52 AM, EmptyDevil said:

I think Umbra will be Warframes corrupted, and possibly possessed, by a Tenno's negative emotions that have been manifested by the Man In The Wall. I think it is also possible that all of the Acolytes belong to Stalker's Tenno. Each Acolyte is named after an emotion, and with what we saw in Chains of Harrow, It may even be possible that the Tenno's fractured mind is possessing the rest of their Warframes.

That line about Stalker being undreaming:

"The Shadow is pure, undreaming, untainted."

I still think that Stalker is the result of Margulis compartmentalizing all of the negative, raw void energy that comes from being children forced to endlessly slaughter enemies and then that energy finding form in Stalker's Warframe.

What would be even more tragic is if Stalker is a Tenno who acted as a type of "dream-catcher" guardian in the process, absorbing the nightmare mess so that Tenno could properly use transference.

I would be so pissed if they rebelled after I gave up EVERYTHING...my very identity, to shoulder such a burden!

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I still think that Stalker is the result of Margulis compartmentalizing all of the negative, raw void energy that comes from being children forced to endlessly slaughter enemies and then that energy finding form in Stalker's Warframe.

What would be even more tragic is if Stalker is a Tenno who acted as a type of "dream-catcher" guardian in the process, absorbing the nightmare mess so that Tenno could properly use transference.

I would be so pissed if they rebelled after I gave up EVERYTHING...my very identity, to shoulder such a burden!

could explain the lower guardian caste though 

4 hours ago, Zortyx said:

i'm guessing it's when Mogamu says "Where is umbra? Where the heck is umbra?" could be wrong though

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

Correct just a tidbit that they will talk on it 

Ayyep.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Axlethegamer said:

Wait so only a few warframe get umbra? I hope chroma is one of them to get a umbra

strangly enough I think limbo might get one but I think it's just going to be the orignal warframes that get the umbra treatment  

to be clear

Umbras were talked on being a limited series originally, but with their growing fan base/ hype in the last year + it was never re-discussed that it would be limited  since... so who knows anymore , i hope they changed their minds there, its to good of an opportunity to grant new group mechanics imo [and for de make money ...] 

the thing with umbras is its possible they could drop multiple in one go or even grant newer frames an umbra variant as primes for some could take years. basically umbras grant a possible loophole to  get a variant type of certain frames quicker/out of the release order 

some talk originally that the acolytes were a order for the umbra series possibly, but per de the shadow debt event had no connection to umbras, but dosnt dismiss possibility ... 

lots of talks on this, i even had a thought that frames primes thatw ere white got umbra variants. but no proof or any clue to this yet sadly. so tennocon hopefully will give info into the system/order/frames of the umbra series, 

10 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

So, I really quite like this idea even as I think that it will never, ever happen in a million years.

Please elaborate on how you would see such a system working!

10 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Well as far as I'm aware originaly warframe abilities were treated as mods which you could equip on any frame, they were nothing more than different models at that point to put it that way.(wasn't a WF player back then)

So they could potentialy reuse that system to make it work in that instance only that the "unique" frame would have special slots to equip these abilities.And I guess to unlock ability mods to equip you would first have to master the frame from which they originate.

However some abilities would be restricted as they are too unique on the frame they originate on.(in a sense that they are part of the frames design).

The only problem I see here would be the model of the frame itself.I guess they could give a few model options to select from but then again may be still a bit too limited.The only way I can see things expand would be via Tennogen.

But yeah thats just may take on it on how it could work.

Might be better if they just allow any Warframe to use any power for a short duration. Like how Stalker and the Acolytes can use powers that don't match their frame.

DE could do something that lets Operators learn and use any Warframe power after some frame maxing + unlocking. Then they can add a component to Focus that allows the Operator to override the Warframe's built-in power set by pressing 5. Doing that would replace the Warframe's powers with the Operator's learned powers for the same duration the Focus blast lasts for. The long cooldown on Focus would make sense for something like this. Lore wise, it could be like how Rell's emotions and Stalker use different powers.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Axlethegamer said:

Wait so only a few warframe get umbra? I hope chroma is one of them to get a umbra

strangly enough I think limbo might get one but I think it's just going to be the orignal warframes that get the umbra treatment  

Limbo getting one would fit with the Acolytes determining the Umbras frames theory.

Excalibur Primes stats:

Health    100.0 (300.0 at rank 30)
Shield    100.0 (300.0 at rank 30)
Armor    250.0
Energy    100.0 (150.0 at rank 30)
Sprint Speed    1.0

Excalibur Umbra made up fan stats (by me):

Health 100 (400 at Rank 30)

Shield 75 (175 at Rank 30)

Armor 300

Energy 100 (125 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed 1.2

@(Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako What do you think? 

Edited by CaptainStrawberry

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

to be clear

Umbras were talked on being a limited series originally, but with their growing fan base/ hype in the last year + it was never re-discussed that it would be limited  since... so who knows anymore , i hope they changed their minds there, its to good of an opportunity to grant new group mechanics imo [and for de make money ...] 

the thing with umbras is its possible they could drop multiple in one go or even grant newer frames an umbra variant as primes for some could take years. basically umbras grant a possible loophole to  get a variant type of certain frames quicker/out of the release order 

some talk originally that the acolytes were a order for the umbra series possibly, but per de the shadow debt event had no connection to umbras, but dosnt dismiss possibility ... 

lots of talks on this, i even had a thought that frames primes thatw ere white got umbra variants. but no proof or any clue to this yet sadly. so tennocon hopefully will give info into the system/order/frames of the umbra series, 

It's DE's opportunity to introduce a 3rd series of variants that will generate revenue for years.

It would be foolish not to use established code to create a 3rd revenue stream.

Bank on there being Umbras for a long time.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

It's DE's opportunity to introduce a 3rd series of variants that will generate revenue for years.

I don't really know specifically what a Wraith is in Warframe other than being a side upgrade to weapons.

Could a Wraith Warframe be possible...?

1 hour ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Excalibur Primes stats:

Health    100.0 (300.0 at rank 30)
Shield    100.0 (300.0 at rank 30)
Armor    250.0
Energy    100.0 (150.0 at rank 30)
Sprint Speed    1.0

Excalibur Umbra made up fan stats (by me):

Health 100 (400 at Rank 30)

Shield 75 (175 at Rank 30)

Armor 300

Energy 100 (125 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed 1.2

@(Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako What do you think? 

seems fair, and i hate shields 

1 hour ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

I don't really know specifically what a Wraith is in Warframe other than being a side upgrade to weapons.

doubtful, wraith and vandals are just sidegrades, its to give a weapon variant to one that wont normally get a prime like grineer or corpus tech i think 

8 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Let's all hold hands and hope for the best,and quietly say Umbra is coming!!!!  🙌🙏👫👬👭

im not holding hands .... but ill clap and sing  kumbaya  , thats my line in sand 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

exactly my thoughts 

just to do a recap  on things that might be touched on via tennocon to get newer users up to speed 

if you want to read up on these id suggest going to [tenn o clock news ] if you wanted to play catch up 

Sentient- faction 

we know that de said they were " talking about sentient & umbra content" and weve seen some development on sentient in recent quests 

the exo suit sentient depicted here seems to resemble kuva styled grineer artistry in some ways 

Kuva grineer style 

Spoiler

Image result for kuva grineer

exo suit? Sentient  & arm weapons 

Spoiler

2016-PAX-East-ExoSentientAndWeapon-1024x576.jpg

DS85-Sentient-Arm-Cannon-1024x576.jpg

Carrier sentient enemy :

Spoiler

DS87-Sentient-Carrier-1024x576.jpg

Grineer:

drop ship

Spoiler

DS94-Grineer-Drop-Ships-1024x408.jpg

? new unit? 

Spoiler

DS90-New-Grineer-Object-1024x576.jpg

Corpus:

corpus tank? 

Spoiler

DS90-Corpus-Units-2-1024x576.jpgDS90-Corpus-Units-4-1024x576.jpg

Damage 3.0 

Damage 3.0 will be placing a greater emphasis on re-balancing enemies rather than re-balancing weapons/mods

Focus :

plans to “take a sledgehammer” to the Focus system and get it up to speed with the new systems introduced with The War Within, but no details have been shared at this time.

Darksectors

The return of Dark Sectors will place a greater emphasis on exploration and offer a way for your Clan to work together and expand. The Specters (introduced in Specters of the Rail) may also player a role in the Dark Sectors. 

Events: 

new events to test new content 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Hmmm.

About that Dark Sectors thing, what if it involves using Clan Orokin labs to connect through the shattered links of the broken Rail Terminus at Pluto? What if the new Dark Sectors system has to do with exploring the broken ruins of the outbound Rail which linked Sol to Tau?

Imagine if it worked a little like this:

The Rail once worked by using physical substations to stabilise a Void corridor/conduit which stretched between locations light years distant in real space, and the conduit and all required substations were huge. When the Rail was destroyed at the end of the War, it didn't just wink out of existence. It left behind a trail of ruined Void stabilisation hubs and a semi-stable Void link. Now, the remnants of the Rail are still enormous, but the network is shattered and unreliable, and the real space components of it are inhabited by stranded, trapped Sentients, unable to leave because the only ways in or out of those extra-solar stations is through unstable Void portals.

What does this allow Tenno to do? What are the gameplay components?

Simple. The ruined network of the outbound Rail is a vast area of high level content, full of Old War relics, for the Tenno to explore and fight in. The deeper into the Rail you go, the more difficult it gets.

Key words!

- Explore: Because the network is huge and unstable. As you expand your reach into it, the game generates and maps your progress, and the map is displayed in the Orokin Lab.

- Tiered and Linked: The network consists of hundreds, maybe even thousands of substations, with unreliable Void portals connecting them, so you would advance by stages, station to station, like exploring a ruined subway network.

- Stabilise and Control: Use your Clan technology and resources to stabilise early stages and create shortcuts to the higher level areas. Access the Void portal map of your explored and stabilised zones in your Clan's Orokin Lab, and select frontier portals to go out to the edge of your Rail 'territory'.

- Substation mini-bosses: As you go deeper into the Rail you encounter substations controlled by huge, ancient Sentient fragments, or by Infestation-created war beasts left over from the Old War, or by renegade, malfunctioning Warframe Spectres.

- What are we ripping off with this concept: Bloodborne's Chalice Dungeons, where instead of 'Chalice' it's 'Orokin Lab'.

- Spectre Regiments: Use them to occupy and control stabilised Rail sections.

- Loot: Full of Sentient tech, Orokin tech, and Old War relics.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

4 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

I'm very much beginning to wonder if "the man in the wall" and "Umbra" are actual, necessary 

18 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

to be clear

I'm beginning to wonder if Umbras  were Tenno counterparts (actual people...co-pilots...twins...clones) that were needed to absorb the negative, destructive energies that interfered with transference for their Tenno.

A tragic necessity/sacrifice kept secret...until now.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I'm very much beginning to wonder if "the man in the wall" and "Umbra" are actual, necessary 

I'm beginning to wonder if Umbras  were Tenno counterparts (actual people...co-pilots...twins...clones) that were needed to absorb the negative, destructive energies that interfered with transference for their Tenno.

A tragic necessity/sacrifice kept secret...until now.

yeah i saw your other post

we do know the orokin replicated what happened to the zarimon on the dredges of their society , as probably original tenno were being killed. a tenno child would be a prime target for the enemies, as unless they are killed, they can keep piloting frames . tenno/warframes are a drone concept of attack, as long as you can keep operating frames your a vital threat , its realistic to think the children were prime targets from a tactical perspective, so even with all our power children died in the war , probably in their sleep. its realistic that the orokin would want ways to make more soldiers like us to combat the threat so the number of troops didnt diminish to zero.

so possibly the new  pseudo tenno were made to replenish our ranks and  required something like those negatives to take their dark emotions away so they could operate. even normal people can use transference but its dangerous, and then we saw that during silver grove, the scientist sensed the darkness, could be the entity from the man behind the wall ... and he preyed on those not like us ... dunno 

hunhow knew what we really were before we awoke , he could honestly have integrated data  from the orokin  by taking over it, as sentients can fight both us physically and on a digital level , meaning he may have answers to many questions , also the ability to possible replicate things on par with the orokin,possibly sentient take the dark negatives and made frames for them to combat us ...

also technically if a sentinel can have a prime variant , so to can  sentient  they are technically similar technology ..just a thought , 

in terms of umbras being a counter part and /or the pilots being negative sponges im skeptical on this , the design for umbra excal has a different design to it then the primes, more ornate, less for function in some regards , the blades on the arms -while cool  -  would be ok at close combat, but could seriously happen then frames mobility and could catch on things, including his own scarf