(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

1 hour ago, Valor said:

This is mostly just a rant that'll probably get a lot of flak.

At this point Umbra is just a meme, because every time you say that it's coming, something else ends up pushing it back. Even now, on Devstream 104, you guys say that you're hard at work on the next quest, then immediately follow up with 'Most of our team is working on the next open world update.'  It's haphazard. 

I feel like it would just be easier and better for everyone if Umbra got pushed to the forefront of your release catalog just so that we can all move past it, I'll bet you're getting more tired seeing the daily 'UMBRA WHEN' threads than we are making them. 

The community has waited a lot longer for Umbra frames (and the lore/scarves)  than we have for open world content. We just got Plains of Eidolon, which in my opinion still needs a lot more work done to it before moving on and forgetting about it with a whole new area which will likely come with its own brand new set of issues. 

Just a rant. I may be totally out of line, the wait is just frustrating. 

*Yawn* Ohhh Look another Umbra thread......nothing to see here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Valor said:

I'll bet you're getting more tired seeing the daily 'UMBRA WHEN' threads than we are making them.

Implying they read the forums lol, but otherwise good point.

21 minutes ago, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

Who needs 3x of the same reskinned power creep frame with the same abilities.

I doubt anyone wants Umbra to be just a reskin with the same abilities, i don't even like Excal and i'm still waiting for Umbra because i expect it to be something different but if it would be just a reskin then yeah, that would be just lazy.

18 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

If you don't own the prime, umbra is the only alternative you have.

That could be a Prisma Excal, sold by Baro using the same mastery as Excal P, problem solved.

• Upvote 1

Btw guys, just to make things clear:

Are the apostasy prologue (as in the apostasy quest in general) and the sacrifice quest 2 different quests or the same one? 

DE made it sound like they’re different from each other in the devstram 

3 hours ago, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

It's plain lazy and a cash grab.

Can't be cash grab if there's no cash involved in its acquirement.

4 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Edit: nvm, found it. unfortunately most of the staff working on the next open zone makes it sound like this quest could get shelved yet again. 

My thoughts exactly. I feel it's a contradiction to say that the quest is planned to release before the second landscape, yet most of the team is working on the latter. If it was truly meant to be first in line, wouldn't it be fair to assume the majority of the devs are giving their time to it? I guess not.

I still ask myself why I continue to talk about it even though there's nothing left to talk about (implying there ever was, heh). Everything was covered a long, long time ago, and now it's just the same discussion echoed over and over and over.

Edited by LazerSkink

18 minutes ago, kgabor said:

I doubt anyone wants Umbra to be just a reskin with the same abilities, i don't even like Excal and i'm still waiting for Umbra because i expect it to be something different but if it would be just a reskin then yeah, that would be just lazy.

I do, and I'd be disappointed if it wasn't since it is advertised as excalibur umbra. If they wanted to make a new frame with a new kit, then they should just make a new frame, not a variant of a frame most notable for being the only frame currently lacking an available upgrade and then make it not that frame. 

that said there is nothing in the several years of waiting to suggest umbra will be anything other than a reskin on the same tier as a prime so not much to worry about at the moment for me. 

Edited by Cubewano
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

Can I ask where it was stated this was coming before the next landscape? 

Edit: nvm, found it. unfortunately most of the staff working on the next open zone makes it sound like this quest could get shelved yet again. 

15 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

My thoughts exactly. I feel it's a contradiction to say that the quest is planned to release before the second landscape, yet most of the team is working on the latter. If it was truly meant to be first in line, wouldn't it be fair to assume the majority of the devs are giving their time to it? I guess not.

I still ask myself why I continue to talk about it even though there's nothing left to talk about (implying there ever was, heh). Everything was covered a long, long time ago, and now it's just the same discussion echoed over and over and over.

But this could also mean that the quest is almost finished. I don't think DE plans to leave us with this purple annoying thing for a long time.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ksaero said:

I don't think DE plans to leave us with this purple annoying thing for a long time.

I'd bring up the armistice, but I don't feel that's an appropriate comparison.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Stream ending was unexpected. :D

Yes sacrifice 😀☝

I feel exactly the same way. 

They pushed it back so many times now they've usually either killed all enthusiasm for it or made the hype level rise to an undeliverable level.

• Upvote 2

Umbra is probably a new warframe built on the current era.

It will probably just get the same fashionframe as their normal counterparts.

Maybe Primes can't equip the Umbra version but I'm pretty sure Umbra will not be able to wear the Prime variant.

I'm more interested with the skill / abilities / playstyle they may bring with them.

It's most likely just a reskin to be honest.

We may have overhyped it too much that now, DE is just trying to drag it out so we lose interest in it first before they release another excalibur.

• Upvote 1

Is possible that the umbra stuff got pushed back because of the big push with the plains and plains events. Now we getting vehicles in the plains, and a new big open zone. :surprised:

2 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

Is possible that the umbra stuff got pushed back because of the big push with the plains and plains events. Now we getting vehicles in the plains, and a new big open zone. :surprised:

This. Umbra got delayed because of the Plains of eidolon, but now that its done they're re-devoting their resources to the Umbras. The next cinematic quest will be coming out before new Eidolons show up.

It was said on the devstream the next cinematic quest (umbra) is the main focus.  Doesn't mean they can't work on other aspects of the game.  PoE needed all hands available, but normally they have multiple teams working on different things. 

Unless the content is significant enough(art, resources, play space, you know things on the plains level), telling them to stop everything for a 1 hour cinematic quest is really bad. 

Id rather have the new open roam update that should hopefully share resources with PoE and starmap so its less a noob trap and is genuine expanded content.

Or you know, bring a new grind tier of warframes we already have quicker. :highfive:

• Woah 1

I found Umbra

1200px-Terra_ombra_naturale_umber.jpg

I don´t understand why people care more for a skin rather then new content. 

Yes, right now Umbra is just a skin tied to a quest.

• Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 2

Take a lot of time ?? yea les than 1 year is a lot of time (And the first one who tells me that Umbra exists for a longer time I would remind him that he was only official at the last tenon and therefore DE did not start working on it until that moment (or 1-2 months before)

Has anybody considered the possibility that the reason for most of the staff working on the next open area is that development on The Sacrifice is closing on the finish line?  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Ksaero said:

But this could also mean that the quest is almost finished. I don't think DE plans to leave us with this purple annoying thing for a long time.

1 hour ago, Tellakey said:

Has anybody considered the possibility that the reason for most of the staff working on the next open area is that development on The Sacrifice is closing on the finish line?  

Yeah, right on top of this page.

• Applause 1

3 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

I don´t understand why people care more for a skin rather then new content. 

Yes, right now Umbra is just a skin tied to a quest.

tied to our next major cinematic quest that is supposed to explore what warframes are, which is something we've been waiting to know more about for years. this is just a quest like tsd was just a quest. 

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 5

10 hours ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

I feel exactly the same way. 

They pushed it back so many times now they've usually either killed all enthusiasm for it or made the hype level rise to an undeliverable level.

There was reasons to be pushed away, but later they actually did a good thing not releasing it yet, as they said they wanted umbra to be special and not just releases with something else because that would mask away the umbra release, this was DE words, I clearly felt angry because they were just pushing it back non-stop but they were actually right on doing so.

When you have such hype for a specific thing and it gets delayed alot, they need to make up for it addind more things or something like an important quest, so in case the hype for umbra fails the backup is the quest itself, or vise versa.

• Upvote 1