(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

8 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Visually the same indeed. Long time ago Steve was asked whether global Umbra would have golden parts or not, and the answer was "yes, but because PBR you can color them how you want". Many misinterpreted it as "no by default, but you can color in it if you want".

From what I can recall their response was that it might be slightly different visually (less gold bits) not that it'd be recolorable (p sure it already was pbr'd), this direction did seem to get abandoned somewhere along the line however, going by the sacrifice trailer we got. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

On a side note: I despise the fact that these guys have Founders badges. They don't deserve it at all. Those should be exclusive to real Founders.

Mmmhm, agree with you there. That and I'm still salty that console players got skipped over entirely, like founding and supporting Warframe on an entirely new platform was no big deal at all lol. 

But I digress.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

From what I can recall their response was that it might be slightly different visually (less gold bits) not that it'd be recolorable (p sure it already was pbr'd), this direction did seem to get abandoned somewhere along the line however, going by the sacrifice trailer we got. 

Two different tweets:

The one I was talking about

jJTWfWl.png

The one you are talking about

Ed2hXpz.png

And judging by The Sacrifice teaser it's completely the same.

1 hour ago, Ksaero said:

Two different tweets:

The one I was talking about

jJTWfWl.png

The one you are talking about

Ed2hXpz.png

And judging by The Sacrifice teaser it's completely the same.

The one I'm talking about was from a devstream, not a tweet. 

19 hours ago, Wrothgaming said:

From the images of Excal Umbra I've seen, it looks like my normal excal is better suited for a shadow stalker cosplay...

so im keeping him standard

Except Shadow Stalker literally uses Excalibur Umbra's skin ingame.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

The one I'm talking about was from a devstream, not a tweet. 

You mean Devstream 58?

Excalibur Umbra

As a point of clarification: Umbras are coming, starting off with Excalibur. The Prime label for the Chinese Marketing will be unique to China to help with the game launch, but the Global build will indeed be receiving a virtually identical Frame.

Edited by Ksaero

8 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

You mean Devstream 58?

Excalibur Umbra

As a point of clarification: Umbras are coming, starting off with Excalibur. The Prime label for the Chinese Marketing will be unique to China to help with the game launch, but the Global build will indeed be receiving a virtually identical Frame.

I don't know which stream, I'll let you know if I find it. 

Il y a 2 heures, Cubewano a dit :

??? 2015 they officially stated they were bringing it to our region, simple as that, how they handled the project once revealed is a separate matter. Also why are you using we like you work for DE?

I do not say it like that. he said it in the devstreams. No more he announced that he was going to do it but there was still all the procedures to be done so no he did not start in 2015> <

1 minute ago, Wind_Blade said:

I do not say it like that. he said it in the devstreams. No more he announced that he was going to do it but there was still all the procedures to be done so no he did not start in 2015> <

You do not know DE's procedures, so not sure what argument you are trying to form. Excalibur Umbra was announced in 2015 to be a thing in the works for our region, however quickly they handled that or how many hoops they had to jump through does not change that. Just because they didn't take advantage of the years before doesn't mean the years didn't happen. 

• Upvote 1

à l’instant, Cubewano a dit :

You do not know DE's procedures, so not sure what argument you are trying to form. Excalibur Umbra was announced in 2015 to be a thing in the works for our region, however quickly they handled that or how many hoops they had to jump through does not change that. Just because they didn't take advantage of the years before doesn't mean the years didn't happen. 

But are you deaf or what you do not want to accept reality? he said in several devstreams that they had problems with that (problem set up appearing)

8 minutes ago, Wind_Blade said:

But are you deaf or what you do not want to accept reality? he said in several devstreams that they had problems with that (problem set up appearing)

I think you need to ask yourself that, or explain to me how that changes it being announced in 2015. 

• Upvote 3

à l’instant, Cubewano a dit :

I think you need to ask yourself that, or explain to me how that changes it being announced in 2015. 

Like i saying for like 4-5 time it's was say in devstreams .... i think you're a troll i just go to stop talking you for this thread

6 minutes ago, Wind_Blade said:

Like i saying for like 4-5 time it's was say in devstreams .... i think you're a troll i just go to stop talking you for this thread

No, you keep saying it had complications, which is an entirely separate matter. But sure, I'm a troll because you can't explain your argument. 

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

A few things before the rest of my post. 

1: I know, I am very late to see this video. I have only recently dove into the YouTube realm of Warframe. I've really only stuck with 3 YouTubers; OriginalWickedFun, Joey Zero, and Volt The Hero. But I was soon no longer satisfied. I moved into others like Tactical Potato, Brozime (Didn't care much for those last two if I'm honest), Quite Shallow, and DKDiamantes

2: I know alot of you have probably seen this, but please just give me a chance here. I know I keep saying "I think this is the one", or "This is the winner", etc. But please, just listen. 

Spoiler

This theory is something that I think is VERY, VERY. possible. I mean, seriously, this was insane. Everything fits. There is nothing that really didn't fit. The only thing that was left unexplained in my mind was "Where does Umbra come in?" But really, this theory is SO good.

As for the ChangYou version of Warframe, it's a different story and game so their update schedule doesn't really reflect on ours well.

On 1/12/2018 at 9:18 PM, Valor said:

-snip-

so, it's not so much that Umbra is getting pushed back by other content. Admittedly once the development of the plains picked up their focus really became all in on landscapes for most of last year, but other than that it's more that they really want Umbra to have meaning and value and not be 'just another variant'. As a result Umbra has been pushed back to wait for a release that is worth the wait we've had.

33 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

-snip-

Ugh, I really don't like DK's Lore theory videos, they always make me angry. I mean, hell like a days before this vid went up he was talking the exact other side of this video's ideas... now for a breakdown of this video's mistaken assumptions.

'Family is extremely important to a Sentient'. No, they crossed to gap to destroy the Orokin knowing that those that crossed wouldn't be able to replicate. By that we can clearly see that the destruction of the Orokin is paramount, above all else the destruction of the Orokin was their focus, the Sentient on the plains was focused on the tower Kuva because it meant that they could replicate again and that would make it easier to destroy the remaining Orokin and make itself whole again.

Hunhow, though our void based connection to Natah, was able through direct contact with our warframe was able to see her mind, as she could his. I don't think that her helmet is actually part of her but that her Sentient mind is inside a more or less human body based upon the body of Margulis.

As for the Stalker, his focus is his hate for us and his regret and resentment for his part in the destruction of the Orokin. Finding that Ballas is alive would probably see him betray and leave Hunhow at a moment's notice.

Hunhow also sees us as Orokin as well as the Grineer and the Corpus, I don't know if he would or wouldn't use us for an end goal, as he did during the old war, but I doubt he'd work with us.

I still believe that the idea of Umbras as shown in the old leaked scrip of TWW is still accurate, and that we will be approached by a self-aware Warframe that want to protect and support us. An individual who will become a sort of guide and mentor while we're without The Lotus, and who will help us to bring her back under our sway, or who will help us to see what we are truly capable of through our connection to the void (which will only serve to further strengthen our connection to it, and thus The Man in The Wall).

Edit: also, I want to add that for Ballas, I think he sees The Lotus as a 'new Margulis' because we twisted her sentient mind into becoming more like the Margulis we remember and that she is, in some sense, now a sort of pseudo-Margulis.

Edited by Tarak
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Wind_Blade said:

I'm sure DE's statements were basically like this:

[2015]

- can't release it yet because chinaframe has an exclusivity period of 30 days.

- it should be coming before the end of the year

- we have released too many frames by the end of the year, we don't umbra to forgotten in this sea of releases.

[2016]

- steve's 3 month guesstimation

- it's a secret

- stop asking, we'll talk about it when it's release is getting closer

- [tww draft script leak]

- it's not coming in tww

- we won't talk about it... again

[2017]

- tennocon teaser

- it's the main feature of the next cinematic quest, which should be releasing by the end of the year.

- PoE gets delayed and everything coming after it (umbra included, obviously)

[2018]

And i'm most likely forgetting a few in there, none of which can makes us think of something aside of other projects taking priority and creative problems to introduce him smoothly just because they want it to be meaningful (which is not bad except for how long it has taken for them to figure out a way to do it)

2 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

-snip-

Well, regardless, he is coming in the next cinematic quest.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tarak said:

As for the ChangYou version of Warframe, it's a different story and game so their update schedule doesn't really reflect on ours well.

so, it's not so much that Umbra is getting pushed back by other content. Admittedly once the development of the plains picked up their focus really became all in on landscapes for most of last year, but other than that it's more that they really want Umbra to have meaning and value and not be 'just another variant'. As a result Umbra has been pushed back to wait for a release that is worth the wait we've had.

I get that, but at a certain point -- there's nothing they can really pull off that would make it worth the increasing wait. All it'll lead to is a gigantic "that's it?" when it finally comes out in 2025.

Even on the last devstream, they said they are committed to getting the quest out before the next open world update, yet within the same breath say that most of their team is focused on making the open world update. I get what you're saying, but it's hard to believe they are doing anything other than letting new ideas take priority over Umbra.

22 minutes ago, Valor said:

I get that, but at a certain point -- there's nothing they can really pull off that would make it worth the increasing wait. All it'll lead to is a gigantic "that's it?" when it finally comes out in 2025.

Even on the last devstream, they said they are committed to getting the quest out before the next open world update, yet within the same breath say that most of their team is focused on making the open world update. I get what you're saying, but it's hard to believe they are doing anything other than letting new ideas take priority over Umbra.

The issue I have with that thinking is that we know that apostasy is leading into The Sacrifice, and we know that The Sacrifice is about the origins of the Warframes and that Umbra has a part in that. Are we for sure going to get Umbra for ourselves at the completion of The Sacrifice? I don't know for sure, but I don't think they're gonna dangle it in arms reach and pull it away from us at the last second... The trailer it Tennocon showed us they've decided on a way to introduce it that they're happy with and confident in. They did want to get it introduced before the end of the year, but that couldn't happen if they were going to deliver the plains relatively on time. It's coming, I have no doubts, but you are entitled to your oppinion. You'll believe what you want to.

At this point, Umbra is bound to be a disappointment. It's been too long in the making with too little concrete information and whatever.

It's the typical DE "overhype, (somewhat poorly implement (if that even happens)) and then forget about it"-approach. They've done so countless times (archwing, dark sectors, rails, plains, PvP, relays, dojo, rivens, kava etc.). It's happened, it's gonna happen again and I fear that Umbra is gonna fall in the same category. It's hard to live up to hype, and DE is a lot better at hyping stuff than they are at actually realising it.

Edited by Leland_Gaunt
Typo
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Leland_Gaunt said:

It's the typical DE "overhype, (somewhat poorly implement (if that even happens)) and then forget about it"-approach.

The over-hype has absolutely nothing to do with DE. The community has just been making up their own wild theories based on the little information we have and blown it out of proportion. It's your own fault if you get your hopes to such a degree with barely any information. DE never said that Umbra will have a unique gimmick or that it's abilities will be somehow different. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Leland_Gaunt said:

At this point, Umbra is bound to be a disappointment. It's been too long in the making with too little concrete information and whatever.

It's the typical DE "overhype, (somewhat poorly implement (if that even happens)) and then forget about it"-approach. They've done so countless times (archwing, dark sectors, rails, plains, PvP, relays, dojo, rivens, kava etc.). It's happened, it's gonna happen again and I fear that Umbra is gonna fall in the same category. It's hard to live up to hype, and DE is a lot better at hyping stuff than they are at actually realising it.

I think their lack of communication and information about Umbra is a direct result of this, they're trying to avoid hyping it up and the player base is doing it anyway... If the community is disappointed by Umbra it's our own fault for drawing conclusions on something we weren't told about.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Tarak said:

they're trying to avoid hyping it up and the player base is doing it anyway

Precisely. Then somehow it's DE's fault when the end result isn't the same as their self-made hype. It's ridiculous. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Valor said:

Except Shadow Stalker literally uses Excalibur Umbra's skin ingame.

Body - yes, but arms and legs are from vanilla Excal.