Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

9 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Mark Vanderloo is that you? :D

Honestly, the filters make it look very close to Shepard. And I thought Vlada is a female name.

Russian that name says like shor from Vladimir and they pronounce Vlad. But im from Serbia and its Vlada,but when you call some 1 with that name you can say hi Vlado or if you hive somthing to person with that name,you can say give that Vladi.... and its a problem for someone that see all this for frst time but its correctly in Serbia language... 😀 and my face is more like Drake from uncharted game 👍

Edited by Vlada91

19 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

Russian that name says like shor from Vladimir and they pronounce Vlad. But im from Serbia and its Vlada,but when you call some 1 with that name you can say hi Vlado or if you hive somthing to person with that name,you can say give that Vladi.... and its a problem for someone that see all this for frst time but its correctly in Serbia language... 😀 and my face is more like Drake from uncharted game 👍

Oh, ty for the info :D

6 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

If you like NMS then good for you. However it is definitely not a great game. It’s more or less a tech-demo repackaged as a standalone video game and you subsequently have little to no substantial gameplay to enjoy.

Indeed. But they won’t admit that. Evidently they start blaming DE for “overhyping” it, even though they didn’t. 

Weird, I have enjoyed more than enough the "little" gameplay it has.. I have not done all yet, Well I'm a hardcore player so everytime I died on NMS I restarted the gameplay.. that may helped me to enjoy it, Or think you overhyped it too much tho, yes I know they lied with some stuff (insert multiplayer here as exemple) But they are adding it and many other stuff as well.

Enough of NMS, back to Umbra.

1 hour ago, Vlada91 said:

Umbra on upcoming cinematic quest and i hope we can have mature operator and it will look something like this....so i create this for you 2 see :stalker:

vtBJa9a.jpg

Oh man this is awesome, both what you made and the Idea of mature operator. That umbra operator armor too, I would buy that.

3 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

I have enjoyed more than enough the "little" gameplay it has.

Then as I said, good for you. You're easily pleased.

4 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Or think you overhyped it too much tho

Like I said; I don't get hyped. I know a lot of people who did though. I like to take the "guilty until proven innocent" approach to new games that are being over-hyped by everyone around them. Just assume everything is rubbish until it can prove itself otherwise. It's a lot easier since there is zero disappointment involved, only pleasant surprises

7 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

But they are adding it and many other stuff as well.

Don't care. I don't go for to a restaurant, pay full price for the lobster thermidor only to have an uncooked live lobster put in front of me with the chef claiming "he'll add more to it later". NMS and any other $60 AAA that comes out completely unfinished can rot in gaming hell for all I care. First impressions matter.

On January 16, 2018 at 3:47 AM, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

I don't think I've heard him say that and I've watched all of them. I could be wrong.

Regardless whether or not he said that, it still doesn't mean the over-hype is DE's fault. I've always set my expectations low because over-hype is the way the dark side (see No Man's Sky, Destiny, Destiny 2, Aliens Colonial Marines etc etc), but people seem to have taken what Steve and what little the other Devs have said on the matter and somehow managed to arrive at the conclusion that Umbra will have some ground-breaking new mechanic or new gameplay addition. It's more likely than not Steve was talking about lore/quest implications more than anything else, since Umbra is out on the Chinaframe and he's basically just Excalibur.

It would be cool if Umbra came with a new mechanic, but I'm not going to a get a pitchfork out if it doesn't. I don't know why quite a few people think that Umbra will be a disappointment because he won't function the way they've imagined he functions and somehow that's DE's fault.

The true ["Darkest Part of the"] Shadow isn't Stalker or Umbra.

It's the standard that was set by the Second Dream.

The Operator/Warframe dynamics are the flip sides of a coin that define players and their experience.

I speculate DE has made a serious commitment to measure up to that "Second Dream"standard when it comes to revealing the other side of said coin.

It will be a seminal moment (did O spell it right?  Lol) if DE does it right, and surely a gamechanger if equal to the Second Dream.

It has been slow to develop, but you can see how Operators are  evolving into a successful expansion/alternative to the core gameplay.

It happens almost imperceptibly at times, but operator cosmetics, abilities, and gameplay are continually improving like year 1 frame play did.

The real fear is that Umbras (and the Sacrifice aka "What are Warframes?") haven't been given the proper amount of investment after all this time.

And I'm sure DE knows how important the "What are Warframes?" Question is to the game.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I speculate DE has made a serious commitment to measure up to that "Second Dream"standard when it comes to revealing the other side of said coin.

Personally, I don't think anything will ever have the same affect as the Second Dream. I could be wrong. The point is I'm not getting my hopes up.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

It has been slow to develop, but you can see how Operators are  developing into a successful expansion/alternative to the core gameplay

Operators are developing nicely sure. Still wouldn't think twice if I had to choose between my frames or my Operator though.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

The real fear is that Umbras (and the Sacrifice aka "What are Warframes") haven't been given the proper amount of investment after all this time.

Define "proper amount of investment". What qualifies as a proper investment to the ones who over-hype Umbra? Because I feel like whatever it is, it will be a little unrealistic.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

And I'm sure DE knows how important the "What are Warframes?" Question is to the game.

It would be nice to know. But again, I'm not expecting anything amazing in particular.

2 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Umbra on upcoming cinematic quest and i hope we can have mature operator and it will look something like this....so i create this for you 2 see :stalker:

Not gonna lie. That looks positively boring, actually. No contrast between Operator and frame. It's just a armored dude and a slightly less armored dude. Nothing against your drawing talent, tho.

9 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Not gonna lie. That looks positively boring, actually. No contrast between Operator and frame. It's just a armored dude and a slightly less armored dude. Nothing against your drawing talent, tho.

Ok its not interesting to go all again with some umbra action because I have like 8 arts for him in many different direction so I whose thinking now its time for something normal but mystic... but ok I have to show you more my old art that maybe you going to like more... https://vladaking.deviantart.com/gallery/ you can see all my umbra art,enjoy 😀👌

Edited by Vlada91

17 hours ago, Valor said:

Here's to hoping this one will be the last one before release...

V4 the revengance

3 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

The true ["Darkest Part of the"] Shadow isn't Stalker or Umbra.

It's the standard that was set by the Second Dream.

The Operator/Warframe dynamics are the flip sides of a coin that define players and their experience.

It will be a seminal moment (did O spell it right?  Lol) if DE does it right, and surely a gamechanger if equal to the Second Dream.

It has been slow to develop, but you can see how Operators are  evolving into a successful expansion/alternative to the core gameplay.

It happens almost imperceptibly at times, but operator cosmetics, abilities, and gameplay are continually improving like year 1 frame play did.

The real fear is that Umbras (and the Sacrifice aka "What are Warframes?") haven't been given the proper amount of investment after all this time.

good points 

what ever this reveal is it will change how weve perceived the game to this point 

and possibly unlock more capabilities of the operator and maybe even the frame they use , or maybe the frames awaken or became something..more then prime /umbra  

man in the wall is supposed to make a some impact in this quest iirc what steve said

so weve got a few heavy hitter players involved in this plot

ballas, margulius/lotus/natah?, umbra excal, the man in the wall

some possible appearances might be stalker/hunhow , unum , an unkown 

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

V4 the revengance

good points 

what ever this reveal is it will change how weve perceived the game to this point 

and possibly unlock more capabilities of the operator and maybe even the frame they use , or maybe the frames awaken or became something..more then prime /umbra  

man in the wall is supposed to make a some impact in this quest iirc what steve said

so weve got a few heavy hitter players involved in this plot

ballas, margulius/lotus/natah?, umbra excal, the man in the wall

some possible appearances might be stalker/hunhow , unum , an unkown 

I can easily see the MITW (shadow version of our operator) controlling the shadow version of a frame (Umbra). 

The rogue "X-factor" that Ballas and the Orokin did not foresee...

And now you must hunt down Excaliber Umbra and drive the MITW out.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I can easily see the MITW (shadow version of our operator) controlling the shadow version of a frame (Umbra). 

Maybe you need to be much more stronger to have control the Umbra with your operator,and in order to do that you need to get mature and then you can use him in 2 the game...

Just now, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

in the discord and a few others weve been talking about the operators , the man in the wall and the twin [operator doppleganger]

some concepts of maybe that is our void power made manifest, or its a mirrored form the entity MITW has fashioned to communicate with us

possibly they can posses and control the warframe, weve seen this done via rell and his Doppler, the Doppler even demonstrated amalgam powers like stalker and his ilk ..so it is a possible point and tie in also with that faction and how they work.... 

on comparison of teshin and stalker we know the layout of the cloth on umbra is VERY similar placement, and we know dax have a geas and must obey orokin , it would make more sense to use them to control umbras [even full transference] and have a truly obedient weapon 

thats one path as we might need to kill the consciousness inside to end its misery  

Ok now with the prologue quest I got this idea. Ballas is a leader of the orokin so he personally probably does not fight but has soldiers. As a leader, he can command the dax and remember that his genetic code should give him access to many things and places. Now we know he was involved in the development of the sentients so my idea is this: the umbra are not prototypes or some old frames they are new. Ballas both helped in the sentients and waframes construction so he's got the know how. Next after the fall of the orokin empire, he may feel that as sentients were dangerous and against the laws now there are no reasons to hold back. So he builds umbras to stop tenno as tenno were once made to stop the sentients. But since we will use umbras I guess not everything goes as he plans. Also I think he took lotus more as a hostage than because of love. If he loved he vwould not let her die in the first place.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

in the discord and a few others weve been talking about the operators , the man in the wall and the twin [operator doppleganger]

some concepts of maybe that is our void power made manifest, or its a mirrored form the entity MITW has fashioned to communicate with us

possibly they can posses and control the warframe, weve seen this done via rell and his Doppler, the Doppler even demonstrated amalgam powers like stalker and his ilk ..so it is a possible point and tie in also with that faction and how they work.... 

on comparison of teshin and stalker we know the layout of the cloth on umbra is VERY similar placement, and we know dax have a geas and must obey orokin , it would make more sense to use them to control umbras [even full transference] and have a truly obedient weapon 

thats one path as we might need to kill the consciousness inside to end its misery  

Ok.  OK.  I'll get on Discord....sheez...😏

It might be a Teshin-Esque "self-mastery" path...vs evil self.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Ok.  OK.  I'll get on Discord....sheez...😏

It might be a Teshin-Esque "self-mastery" path...vs evil self.

yes join us  D: < 

2 hours ago, rafiki4000 said:

Ok now with the prologue quest I got this idea. Ballas is a leader of the orokin so he personally probably does not fight but has soldiers. As a leader, he can command the dax and remember that his genetic code should give him access to many things and places. Now we know he was involved in the development of the sentients so my idea is this: the umbra are not prototypes or some old frames they are new. Ballas both helped in the sentients and waframes construction so he's got the know how. Next after the fall of the orokin empire, he may feel that as sentients were dangerous and against the laws now there are no reasons to hold back. So he builds umbras to stop tenno as tenno were once made to stop the sentients. But since we will use umbras I guess not everything goes as he plans. Also I think he took lotus more as a hostage than because of love. If he loved he vwould not let her die in the first place.

ballas and any of the higher orokin have a master key into many things, possible they were the last phase of the sentient war weapons 

as to our understanding tenno arnt human, nor do we know if they can procreate and even if they can if theyd be "tenno" or regular humans 

given that logic looking at the tenno and the warframe drone systems are a limited system pool only usable by the zariman children 

when know from lore orokin took the dredges of their society to make psuedo tenno , continuity , aka things like stalker, specters, ect ... 

we know from studying void/us ? they developed continuity and a lot of tech that surpassed normal conventional technology as we understand it  

so in light of all that , i assume that either umbras are new or were made with the intent of replacing the zarimon children

but given that they are warframes, we can still use them 

and in regards to natah, its possible he sees her as a incarnation/rebirth to make amends 

11 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Then as I said, good for you. You're easily pleased.

Not true, it's actually hard to me to get pleased with something.

Like I said; I don't get hyped. I know a lot of people who did though. I like to take the "guilty until proven innocent" approach to new games that are being over-hyped by everyone around them. Just assume everything is rubbish until it can prove itself otherwise. It's a lot easier since there is zero disappointment involved, only pleasant surprises

100% Agree I get hyped but I play safe.. well I kind failed the last time with Star Wars the last jedi.. I was not close to be pleased with the results and I hyped that way too much...

Don't care. I don't go for to a restaurant, pay full price for the lobster thermidor only to have an uncooked live lobster put in front of me with the chef claiming "he'll add more to it later". NMS and any other $60 AAA that comes out completely unfinished can rot in gaming hell for all I care. First impressions matter.

But a game is not food..  Anyway, if you have any triple AAA game on your Steam or ps4 account that gets free or paid DLC, or updates adding new stuff you are actually doing what you just said you would not do. You just have to change the "New Update!" or "NEW DLC!" to "A little more completation of our game is coming out since it is not finished ! "

If you paid to watch a movie that on the end it hints that there will be a 2nd movie, you watched something unfinished and you paid for that.

Besides, What you said would be better than the chef saying "go and cook it yourself!" or just put that lobster on your plate and ran away to never come back with your money (this was funny to think about lol)

(maybe he just wanted to show you his lobster before cooking it?)

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

What about Negative versions of us? maybe Umbra are not just shadows but a 100% mirror of ourselvs? .. maybe to get Umbra we need to fight them, and they will mirror every attack we do, if we try transference the mirrored version of us will also do it. That would be sweet tho.

Maybe if we do damage to them with our skills, we will be the ones who will get damaged, I don't know.

12 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Maybe you need to be much more stronger to have control the Umbra with your operator,and in order to do that you need to get mature and then you can use him in 2 the game...

Maybe you'll need to completely master all focus schools in order to be able to use Umbra :D

Just now, Ksaero said:

Maybe you'll need to completely master all focus schools in order to be able to use Umbra :D

oh no dont do that 2 me xD but it makes sense when the DE said that not everyone can have him...or at least to unlock all schools and be aware of the new horizons in order to have him :)

Edited by Vlada91

6 hours ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Not true, it's actually hard to me to get pleased with something.

Evidently not if you like NMS.

But a game is not food.

The principle is the same; first impressions matter.

Anyway, if you have any triple AAA game on your Steam or ps4 account that gets free or paid DLC, or updates adding new stuff you are actually doing what you just said you would not do.

Again, if the game sets itself off with a good enough impression, then I'll stick with it for the long run. Warframe gave off a massively good first impression when I first found it. The fact that it is free-to-play and has free updates also means I'm not being swindled out of my money in any way. That's my point. $60 AAA games that are terrible at launch can rot. Free-to-play games are an exception, since they don't actually require you to spend anything. 

If you paid to watch a movie that on the end it hints that there will be a 2nd movie, you watched something unfinished and you paid for that.

You seem to be missing the point entirely; if the starting point is good, then I will follow through with the rest of it for as long as it remains good. If a game/movie is good at the start, I will invest more time and money into it. If it is not, I will simply get my money back and not bother to invest in it again, no matter if it improves later, because I recognise that the creator of the works, thought it was acceptable to release their products in that abysmal state and even dared to charge for the experience, showing how little regard they have for the audience.

What you said would be better than the chef saying "go and cook it yourself!" or just put that lobster on your plate and ran away to never come back with your money

Actually it's not better than either of those. All three scenarios are as bad as each other. Only difference is the chef's way of cheating you out of your money. Don't tell me that if you went into a restaurant, got a uncooked live lobster from an incompetent chef who promises to add more to your dish over the evening, you'd still stay, thinking "Could be worse"

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01