Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

2 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

You know prime parts with tennogen? Maybe its same with that and its. New version of Excal so maybe DE trying something new.... and I liked

Unlike tennogen, deluxe skins use a different body model, so to avoid clipping/floating issues DE don't allow this function. But from the video it seems gold parts are fitting nicely, so I hope they will keep it as is.

13 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Unlike tennogen, deluxe skins use a different body model, so to avoid clipping/floating issues DE don't allow this function. But from the video it seems gold parts are fitting nicely, so I hope they will keep it as is.

Perhaps auxiliary?

1 hour ago, Ksaero said:

Yea i hope for that 2...

9 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

You know prime parts with tennogen? Maybe its same with that and its. New version of Excal so maybe DE trying something new.... and I liked

i actually posted that in feedback when the prime parts toggle was implemented stating that for tennogen purposes or even on immortal skins/ect that umbra frames have the same capability with umbra parts toggle 

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i actually posted that in feedback when the prime parts toggle was implemented stating that for tennogen purposes or even on immortal skins/ect that umbra frames have the same capability with umbra parts toggle 

We need a video or screenshot that shows attachment window of Chinese Umbra. As was mentioned above, there may be no "Umbra parts", and the scarf and loincloth occupy auxillary slot (like Nekros' Morthos or Valkyr's bonds).

I remember reading a while back some post, is it true that not everyone can have the umbra version?
i really do hope its not related to the dark/light meter thing, requiring being full dark in order to get the umbra 
Ps:I was just thinking.What if the actual Shadow Stalker will be the main character in all this.Since it already kinda falls into the all "How shadows falls in to an object" and excalibur umbra rendering looks striking similar to some body parts on the stalker.Maybe Stalker will kinda do the sacrifice : Kill lotus or the tenno's from the order of maybe Ballas or a returning Hunhow or remember who he actually is and turn towards the tenno's.And since ballas has Limbo somehow abilities once u make this choice you will be hunted by an enraged Ballas.
 Or second thing i think of is the whole man in the wall.What if the so called demon is actually your father from the ship, twisted and transformed beyond recognition.The sacrifice :Let lotus become margulis or some stuff, and try to recover your father who will become your guidance, or save lotus and doom the other one for ethernity.And since they said will be multiple umbras, there were multiple parents on the void ship.The void demon/parent once awaken to its senses will use transference to take control over the stalker.

Edited by GrimDelta

37 minutes ago, GrimDelta said:

I remember reading a while back some post, is it true that not everyone can have the umbra version?
i really do hope its not related to the dark/light meter thing, requiring being full dark in order to get the umbra

No it's not true.

To think about it, it'd be a bad decision to restrict players from new content. And it would be extremely stupid to do so years later after the choices were made without even mentioning what we could lose in the first place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ksaero said:

No it's not true.

To think about it, it'd be a bad decision to restrict players from new content. And it would be extremely stupid to do so years later after the choices were made without even mentioning what we could lose in the first place.

While I agree, DE did state at the time long ago in a devstream (in a land far far away) that once the meter becomes important a way would be given / needed so that the player can switch sides.

19 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

While I agree, DE did state at the time long ago in a devstream (in a land far far away) that once the meter becomes important a way would be given / needed so that the player can switch sides.

I hope the meter does actually end up counting for something in the future and isn't just a feature that's forgotten about. Right now it only shows whether or not you're more inclined to be a "hero" or an "anti-hero" as it were. Doesn't really count for much.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

7 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

I hope the meter does actually end up counting for something in the future and isn't just a feature that's forgotten about. Right now it only shows whether or not you're more inclined to be a "hero" or an "anti-hero" as it were. Doesn't really count for much.

They recently covered it again on stream and it did not look well with how they talked about it. would not be surprised if it would all out disappear before seeing actual use.

However I do like it in a way and hope it sees some light use in stuff like the story.

3 hours ago, Ksaero said:

No it's not true.

I was thinking maybe we actually get Umbra for every frame that got the prime instead of a limited amount of Umbras, if they do this way they will be able to on the future make so that the decisions the player made actually matters now, and thus the player will be able to remake their decisions. With this they will either  have primes or umbras.

It's likely not to happen due to one side (Umbra) having it's Excalibur while the other (Prime) not.

As well it is "too late in-game" to add this since if you are more on the "Dark Side" it would make all primes inaccessible (not deleted just unplayable), while the Umbra list is incomplete yet, if anyone get what I said anyway.

2 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

It's too early to say to have an Umbra for every frame because we do not know what an Umbra is and what creates one. We just knows they are "dark" frames and not necessarily evil.

What I said was more like an exemple, they said Umbra will not be avaible to every frame.

3 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

They recently covered it again on stream and it did not look well with how they talked about it. would not be surprised if it would all out disappear before seeing actual use.

However I do like it in a way and hope it sees some light use in stuff like the story.

I really hate it when features are introduced and then just forgotten about. So far this morality mechanic has been in every quest of importance, apart from TSD. It would be cool if DE gave us choices that actually arrive at truly different endings, rather the the same ending but with a slightly different flavour. But I doubt DE would do that since that means they'd have to sculpt the future of the game around each individual choice and that would be too much work. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)HellGage_Killz said:

So there is hints to us as players getting umbra at the end of the Quest but the quest before it we got the broken weapons so does that mean that umbra is the broken frame

the broken weapon in tsd was because frame snaps it and can be restored

maybe we get a damaged excal umbra and have to repair or its bp, or?

5 hours ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

What I said was more like an exemple, they said Umbra will not be avaible to every frame.

that was actually in a very early dev and they have not repeated it since, and we know de steve wants to make umbra a thing like primes, so possibly it will get expanded upon, and hopefully allow for newer frames to get variants 

5 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

for now maybe it will factor into other things, it does affect helmith and some little things, possibly someday it will get reworked in a bigger way 

tsd/tww overhaul maybe?

13 hours ago, Ksaero said:

We need a video or screenshot that shows attachment window of Chinese Umbra. As was mentioned above, there may be no "Umbra parts", and the scarf and loincloth occupy auxillary slot (like Nekros' Morthos or Valkyr's bonds).

currently its not an auxiliary slot it actually is a fixed part of the model unless theyve given it qol changes 

it will be on the frame regardless of swapping skins as it can be seen with proto excal skin and imortal on 

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

currently its not an auxiliary slot it actually is a fixed part of the model unless theyve given it qol changes 

it will be on the frame regardless of swapping skins as it can be seen with proto excal skin and imortal on 

Were there any screenshots or vids that prove it? Because auxillary items can be used with deluxe skins: Valkyr's Bonds, Chordalla Prime, Mortos Binds (which float in the air, but still).

7EVJNRg.jpg

oswngjY.jpg

9 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Were there any screenshots or vids that prove it? Because auxillary items can be used with deluxe skins: Valkyr's Bonds, Chordalla Prime, Mortos Binds (which float in the air, but still).

7EVJNRg.jpg

oswngjY.jpg

pretty sure 

there was a chinaframe vid were user showd it in cosmetics and nothing after syandana

if youd like to look heres a link to search their google 

https://www.google.com.hk/

or you can look up the chinaframe forums and ask 

Shadow holy holy sword

12 hours ago, (PS4)HellGage_Killz said:

So there is hints to us as players getting umbra at the end of the Quest but the quest before it we got the broken weapons so does that mean that umbra is the broken frame

I'd expect Ballas' sword to be the broken weapon.