Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

13 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Ballas: If you could trade, would you?

Stalker: Yes

Ballas: But all miracles require sacrifise. For their life and for yours

Now imagine this scene with the Stalker. 

Who's to say it wasn't with him?

11 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

It's most likely ballas talking to Margulis

Doubtful. In the leaked War Within early draft it had the exact same dialogue used in the Sacrifice trailer in it and Ballas was definitely not talking to Margulis.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

3 minutes ago, Rukako122 said:

I was recently thinking about the Sacrfice Trailer, and i came up with this : ''Could it be that Ballas is actually talking to himself ?'' 

I don't know why but in my head it makes sense ... kind of ...

Nah, he was talking to someone else. Most likely the person who became the first warframe. I really do think the leaked War Within script should be on the main page.

@(Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako You think it would be against the rules to include the information we got from the early leaked script from the War Within on the title page?

1 hour ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Nah, he was talking to someone else. Most likely the person who became the first warframe. I really do think the leaked War Within script should be on the main page.

@(Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako You think it would be against the rules to include the information we got from the early leaked script from the War Within on the title page?

Not sure what leaked script you are referring to, but the leaked script I saw said nothing about such things. The whole dialogue in there has nothing about Ballas. 

I wonder if the Excalibur left behind in the comics that Vor captured would end up being modified to become Excalibur Umbra?

I happened to be reading the leaked War Within script and the impression I got is that the twin queens know or commands the Umbra. At the same time, Teshin doesn't know how he was made either and just calls it a rogue warframe.

Could they be using the comics as a precursor to the quest?

2 hours ago, Rukako122 said:

I was recently thinking about the Sacrfice Trailer, and i came up with this : ''Could it be that Ballas is actually talking to himself ?'' 

I don't know why but in my head it makes sense ... kind of ...

Or what if he speaks to umbra that umbra need to make some sacrifice...

1 hour ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

I wonder if the Excalibur left behind in the comics that Vor captured would end up being modified to become Excalibur Umbra?

I happened to be reading the leaked War Within script and the impression I got is that the twin queens know or commands the Umbra. At the same time, Teshin doesn't know how he was made either and just calls it a rogue warframe.

Could they be using the comics as a precursor to the quest?

After reading it I assumed queens feared Umbra.

3 hours ago, arch111 said:

As far as I know Steve confirmed that the comics are canon Lore.

Aw... I don't wanna have to buy them to get my hands on lore. Don't get me wrong, they seem thoroughly interesting and well-written, but I've just never been much of a comic book person. I much prefer novels. I don't know why. 

On a different side of this coin, does anyone know of a place that I can read them online? If not, I guess I'll have to find someone that can tell me their stories piece by piece.

3 hours ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

Aw... I don't wanna have to buy them to get my hands on lore. Don't get me wrong, they seem thoroughly interesting and well-written, but I've just never been much of a comic book person. I much prefer novels. I don't know why. 

On a different side of this coin, does anyone know of a place that I can read them online? If not, I guess I'll have to find someone that can tell me their stories piece by piece.

Same as I, but tbh I never cared about warframe lore.. since you know.. the most hours I spent on warframe was back In 2013 (start of April) after public release, I managed to love this game without the Lore and I pretty much still do.

Sure it is interesting to have bits of lore and have that "uh.. ohhhh" moment.. yes it is, still if something I'm interested to know is not present in warframe I'll just google/wiki it or better, watch a video explaining that.

Omgs how close are we to the next update?!

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

On 2/2/2018 at 1:29 AM, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

honestly its still datamined info so the answer is no, but it can be found on the discord if its needed

I thought that it would cool if in the midst of the Sacrifice quest, our Operator had to, as an allusion, pull the entire Excalibur Umbra Warframe out from a stone. And depending on our Moon/Sun scale, we would be proven worthy or not. 

Unless you can't tell, this is a joke thread. Also, unless you use the Dark theme, it will be very hard to read this. But if you do, congrats. Here's a kiss to reward you. Mwah. :*

What do you think?

Will it be better than Excalibur Prime? I heard no one else can get Excalibur as a promise from the devs so I'm hoping Umbra will be on par or even better than the prime version. Also will all frames be Umbra'd? Rhino? That'd be cool. Better stop farming for Primes cause they'll probably be mediocre in comparison. lol Dang, the possibilities!

Excalibur prime is for founders only. (I really don't care who has it personally though).

There is no set information about Umbra Excalibur except that it is a different warframe. I would guess different stats but same powers (Unless they get REALLY creative). They have stated that they may umbra other warframes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTeensie said:

Will it be better than Excalibur Prime? I heard no one else can get Excalibur as a promise from the devs so I'm hoping Umbra will be on par or even better than the prime version. Also will all frames be Umbra'd? Rhino? That'd be cool. Better stop farming for Primes cause they'll probably be mediocre in comparison. lol Dang, the possibilities!

Excalibur Prime is Founders exclusive as a part of the Founders pack (like a limited time Prime Access) and a reward for funding early development of the game when it was going bankrupt.

They have stated all frames will get Primed but not all will get Umbraed.

Nobody knows what Umbras will be.

Could just be minor stat changes with negligible passives like Primes (reskin).

Could be new abilities or tweaks to current abilities.

Could be operator level of new gameplay mechanic.

Could be anything really.

DE is extremely tight-lipped on this for over 3 years.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

5 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

DE is extremely tight-lipped on this for over 3 years.

In fairness, it's been 2 and a half years since the initial leak.

What I find hilarious about this is that it took 2 years to simply get a teaser, which was pointless in my opinion as everyone already knew he was coming, they already stated the plan for having him involved in the third cinequest, and not to mention the fact that even if everyone's wish for a teaser at TennoCon came true (which it obviously did), it wouldn't matter because we still have to wait.

16 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

In fairness, it's been 2 and a half years since the initial leak.

What I find hilarious about this is that it took 2 years to simply get a teaser, which was pointless in my opinion as everyone already knew he was coming, they already stated the plan for having him involved in the third cinequest, and not to mention the fact that even if everyone's wish for a teaser at TennoCon came true (which it obviously did), it wouldn't matter because we still have to wait.

Well, I do hope we get it before the 3-year mark then.

I really would like to see how creative the new gameplay mechanic is.

Despite how many people hate the operators, I actually find the mechanic a change of pace and creative since I have been playing the same warframe gameplay experience for quite a long time and the operators gave me something new to play with.

• Like 1