Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

So i was checking some images on here and seeing the Umbra Excalibur images got me wondering. What is going to be their defining physical feature? Their "Trademark" if you will.

With normal Warframes their defining physical feature is their humanoid alien look.

With Prime Warframes (so far, yes Saryn Prime too, don't kid yourself) we have their golden parts and extra armor bits.

With Umbra Warframes (with Umbra Excalibur at least) we also see gold parts but unlike with his Prime variant, he has a scarf and extra chest armor with a long loin cloth like we've all seen. 

So is the scarf and loin cloth going to be their trademark physical feature? And is that going to translate onto other possible future Umbra Warframes after Excalibur?

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

they have gold bits also and have scarves from what weve seen on the excal variant 

I don't find Excal Umbra to be a good indication of what future frames of the variant will look like at all due to Dave's answer during the AMA. The frame was just Mynki's interpretation of what Exclibur Prime would look like if he were of the darker Prime variant rather than lighter.

He shouldn't be used as reference for that reason (in my opinion).

Edited by LazerSkink

В 07.02.2018 в 23:55, ----Legacy---- сказал:

So the next update seems to be "the shrine of the eidolon". since it looks like we're gonna have to wait for the sacrifice quest, i hope it at least brings something akin to a mini quest to set up the lore for it just like DE did when adding the apostasy prologue as a surprise when the personal quarters were added. Really sad to know that it has been pushed back again, and probably for another 3 months at least. (At this rate we'll be getting a new teaser in tennocon 2018)

Shrine of Eidolon is update 22.12. It means that U23 hopefully the Sacrifice

2 hours ago, ---UMBRA--- said:

So at least it was not pushed back again then.. Shrine of Eidolon seems more like a fix for what it supposed to be on release at least for me. I have not played PoE yet since I'm waiting for Umbra, but I saw videos of it when released and just watched a video talking about SoE so it's just assumption.

I just hope that now it will be faster to get U23 together with Umbra and hopefully (not that I care too much) a good quest and lore about it.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

18 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

I don't find Excal Umbra to be a good indication of what future frames of the variant will look like at all due to Dave's answer during the AMA. The frame was just Mynki's interpretation of what Exclibur Prime would look like if he were of the darker Prime variant rather than lighter.

He shouldn't be used as reference for that reason (in my opinion).

i guess that makes sense 

"We're working on it" Guys you've been working on it for almost three years now, what exactly is taking so long? Sorry, Im really frustrated with DE seemingly not putting any work in for Umbra, and pushing other stuff instead of him....really tired of it.

"I hope people like it" -Geoff 
Yeah I guarantee you people are going to go nuts over the update that brings Umbra, I know I will :)

Edited by Demoonic

25 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

What are you talking about, they just confrimed that they are working on Umbra atm.

Yeah and it doesn't seem like they are anywhere close to the finish line. I guess Khora for U23, Umbra for U24.

1 minute ago, Ksaero said:

Yeah and it doesn't seem like they are anywhere close to the finish line. I guess Khora for U23, Umbra for U24.

From the way that Steve worded it, it doesn't seem like Khora's quest will be that impactful that it would be treated as a definitive U23 update(especially since they are on U22.11.2), if anything U22.5 and considering how it sort of got pushed aside due the DMG system rework the question is will it come before Sacrifice?From the way all it sounds like the Sacrifice is their main focus now.

9 hours ago, ---UMBRA--- said:

Hoping the same, but knowing DE we might be stuck without umbra until U22.34.6, get another sacrifice teaser on tennocon 2018, receive the corpus open map and people would still be "happy" to know that Umbra is coming in U23 while DE keeps saying "We're working on it, hope you like it"

1 hour ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

From the way that Steve worded it, it doesn't seem like Khora's quest will be that impactful that it would be treated as a definitive U23 update(especially since they are on U22.11.2), if anything U22.5 and considering how it sort of got pushed aside due the DMG system rework the question is will it come before Sacrifice?From the way all it sounds like the Sacrifice is their main focus now.

From the way everything sounds, the next landscape is their main focus, so u23 venus landscape, u24 another umbra delay. 

I would think after all this time that there'd be at least some progress done on the quest - but the latest stream Geoff said that the OUTLINE looked good. 

Sounds like they haven't done anything with the quest except talk about it. 

Edited by Valor
  • Like 2