Jump to content

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Stormdragon said:

Check the overview of this devstream and tell me which one of both seems to be more developed. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we got another teaser for the sacrifice in tennocon just like Legacy said since anything seems to send Umbra into the backburner over and over again.

I get what you mean, but lets not forget that they don't wan't to talk about the Sacrifice possibly to keep it a surprise for us as they did with the previous 2 main quests.It could happen that it gets pushed back again but then it really would be on DE's shame as they have been pushing this back for far too long.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

I get what you mean, but lets not forget that they don't wan't to talk about the Sacrifice possibly to keep it a surprise for us as they did with the previous 2 main quests.It could happen that it gets pushed back again but then it really would be on DE's shame as they have been pushing this back for far too long.

Agreed, But I would assume shrine of eidolon was released already right? 22.12.x, so I now assume that U23 will be Umbra. so technically they have not pushed it back yet.. so... it will release... any minute now..

They actually did what we asked for at least what I said it was better to do.. they should never give a date if they think it is not ready or if they think it is almost ready or about to be ready, it helps prevents what happend with the "The War Within" quest.. I was present when that mess happend, and they learned to never do it again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Them holding the next big cinematic quest for 18 months would be ridiculous. They've already hinted that the Sacrifice is coming quite soon.

 

Hey, I mean they skipped Umbra in 2015, 2016, and 2017 so far. Wouldn't put it past them to skip 2018 as well

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the moment they confirmed that Excal Umbra is in The Sacrifice, there really shouldn't be any doubts on delay again. They also committed to release the quest this year and prior to corpus open world.

So, assuming we take their word for it, they won't hold off the next big lore quest for long because the lore is still somewhat a big part of the game and regardless of how complex or unwanted they feel about Umbras, they have to release something for the lore eventually.

They also won't want to delay the corpus open world much since the POE hype is still alive and the longer they drag, the less people will care about the next open world and warframe eventually.

So, it's really more or less safe to assume they will release it before the end of this year.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

I think the moment they confirmed that Excal Umbra is in The Sacrifice, there really shouldn't be any doubts on delay again.

Exactly. The moment they officially advertised him as being part of the next major cinematic quest, they are now obligated to release him soon. Delaying Umbra any further will now affect the progress of the game and they cannot do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2018 at 5:30 PM, AuroraSonicBoom said:

But they also said that most of the quest team is currently working on Venusian Valleys, so you never know.

Is that the officially designated name?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Them holding the next big cinematic quest for 18 months would be ridiculous. They've already hinted that the Sacrifice is coming quite soon.

 

Yeah, but they have used the coming soon tag for Umbra for the last 3 years and at the last minute they always say its gotta be delayed because they want to make it better so it really wouldn't be a surprise at this point is all I'm saying considering how they seem to be giving basically 0 information regarding any development of the quest since its teaser at tennocon. 

 

2 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Now they have put him a new quest and advertised it. They can't put off the next major cinematic quest without degrading the game.

They initially said Umbra was meant to be part of The War Within quest but they then proceeded to remove its from the quest due to a certain issue. So they have said about putting him in a quest before but hopefully this time it does happen

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dhashruman said:

they have used the coming soon tag for Umbra for the last 3 years

Yes, for Umbra. The frame. Not a quest, something that is needed to keep Warframe alive. He's been put in an official quest now. Delaying him means delaying the quest and I think they learnt last time how bad an affect it can have on the playerbase.

56 minutes ago, Dhashruman said:

they seem to be giving basically 0 information regarding any development of the quest since its teaser at tennocon. 

They did the same thing with the Second Dream and the War Within. DE keeping cinematic quests secret by keeping quiet is the norm.

56 minutes ago, Dhashruman said:

They initially said Umbra was meant to be part of The War Within quest but they then proceeded to remove its from the quest due to a certain issue.

Yes but that was in the early script. Nothing had designed around it yet since it was in the drafting stages. The Sacrifice trailer features Umbra, has the old Umbra dialogue from the early WW scripts and has been advertised as being the warframe backstory quest. They can't remove him now. Doing so would cause a riot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole situation is a S#&$ show, full games are made in 3 years. Why is a quest taking this long to make ?

Nothing is going to meet the expectations that people have for Umbra, while i am hopeful i doubt there is a storyline that will justify the time spent making it.

I would say just rip the bandaid off and release the thing but its not ready according to DE.

Just end it, i don't care anymore, just release it. put it as a conclave reward for all i care, im just done with Umbra at this point. they haven't even released the first one yet and im already done with the whole Umbra series.

Edited by NovusNova
Removed unneeded image
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Midrib said:

The whole situation is a S#&$ show, full games are made in 3 years. Why is a quest taking this long to make ?

Nothing is going to meet the expectations that people have for Umbra, while i am hopeful i doubt there is a storyline that will justify the time spent making it.

Well, just playing devil's advocate but for all we know they have made 5 umbras, one for each focus school or something and that took 3 years😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Well, just playing devil's advocate but for all we know they have made 5 umbras, one for each focus school or something and that took 3 years😂

Do you expect them to drop 5 Umbras at the same time? I personally don't. and if they aren't why would you make 4 extra variants if you aren't even done with the first one, hell we don't even know what they are outside of them being "darker" versions of frames.

Edited by Midrib
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Do you expect them to drop 5 Umbras at the same time? I personally don't. and if they aren't why would you make 4 extra variants if you aren't even done with the first one, hell we don't even know what they are outside of them being "darker" versions of frames.

Well, nobody knows what they are or how they will fit, due to zero info on them, hence the long umbra thread with multiple theories.

That said, there is one theory that if turns out true, will mean we have 7 Umbra frames which are more or less made depending on how lazy DE wants to get.

The stalker and acolyte theory which are 7 frames with Shadow Stalker in particular using the Excalibur Umbra body model as opposed to the excalibur 1 he used to have.

This means if they wanna be lazy or if they have already redesigned the look of the acolytes, we will have 7 Umbras including Excalibu Umbra ready for use assuming the mechanic for Umbras is easily applied across all Umbras like the lazy "get energy when touching orb in void" passive that every single prime has and doesn't matter which prime.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Well, nobody knows what they are or how they will fit, due to zero info on them, hence the long umbra thread with multiple theories.

That said, there is one theory that if turns out true, will mean we have 7 Umbra frames which are more or less made depending on how lazy DE wants to get.

The stalker and acolyte theory which are 7 frames with Shadow Stalker in particular using the Excalibur Umbra body model as opposed to the excalibur 1 he used to have.

This means if they wanna be lazy or if they have already redesigned the look of the acolytes, we will have 7 Umbras including Excalibu Umbra ready for use assuming the mechanic for Umbras is easily applied across all Umbras like the lazy "get energy when touching orb in void" passive that every single prime has and doesn't matter which prime.

as much as i would like to believe them, those theories are grasping at straws and there's really no solid evidence to prove them, believing them just seems like a waste, but thats my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Midrib said:

as much as i would like to believe them, those theories are grasping at straws and there's really no solid evidence to prove them, believing them just seems like a waste, but thats my opinion.

Well, considering we have 3 years worth of speculation in this thread, I am sure something here must have got it right or at the least got close to it since human imagination is largely limited so it can be quite hard for 1 person to think up of something that nobody has ever thought of at one point or another. In fact, a lot of the theories here are based off another or repeated.

I personally have identified what is the worst possible theory for me which is just a reskinned Excalibur Prime with nothing to add to the game but just to satisfy collectors so I have lowered my expectations of this whole umbra thing but I do still believe DE can pull something more interesting considering they must have read some of these theories and gotten some form of inspiration from it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@OoKeNnEtHoO I agree with Midrib in this situation. The notion that DE have created multiple Umbra's is both unsupported and a little too high hoping. I've fully categorised Umbra as a reskinned Excal P (since he basically IS) in my mind. It would be nice if DE surprised us in the Sacrifice, but I'm purposely keeping my expectations low so that I simply cannot be disappointed with whatever we get.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

@OoKeNnEtHoO I agree with Midrib in this situation. The notion that DE have created multiple Umbra's is both unsupported and a little too high hoping. I've fully categorised Umbra as a reskinned Excal P (since he basically IS) in my mind. It would be nice if DE surprised us in the Sacrifice, but I'm purposely keeping my expectations low so that I simply cannot be disappointed with whatever we get.

Yeah, I don't disagree with you 2 either. I was actually mostly kidding when I said they will launch 5 Umbras at a go but since none of us got any info, technically anything is possible.

That said, considering how they delayed this for so long and how they constantly avoid every single question on it, and touch and go on the topic on all the devstreams, it is very very clear how low a priority they have allocated to it.

However, low priority does not necessarily means shoddy work, considering they are not a small team anymore and should have at least 4 to 5 years of developing content for the game and how fast they can release new content every few weeks or months.

I am not encouraging having high hopes for this but who knows, ya? Maybe they really surprise us with a full line of Umbras ready and make our jaws drop like Second Dream.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

how they constantly avoid every single question on it, and touch and go on the topic on all the devstreams, it is very very clear how low a priority they have allocated to it.

I think it's more along the lines of that they might get into a pickle if they do talk about it and say something they shouldn't. Like when Umbra was first discovered and the forums were on fire, Rebecca came forward and said we would be getting Umbra. Then ChangYou (the Chinese Warframe publisher) came forward and basically gave her a metaphorical slap, saying that we weren't getting it, then DE just went quiet. That was literally the most substantial info we got for the next few years.

Legal reasons could be a contributing factor to DE's silence on the situation, but again who knows.

5 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Maybe they really surprise us with a full line of Umbras ready and make our jaws drop like Second Dream.

I wouldn't say no to a Loki Umbra or Rhino Umbra, but like I said; I've bundled my hopes in a weighted suitcase and dropped them into the Mariana Trench.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still of the feeling that it might be a bit overkill to, say, make an Umbra for every primed warframe. If we want it to retain it's unique status, but also want to make a series out of it, I feel like they should craft an Umbra for just each one of the starting frames. An Omega to their Alphas. A story in three parts, etc.

Of course, given that might be missing out on a potential financial mine to dig into, I have a distinct feeling that my thoughts are nothing more then an low-yield opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Unus said:

I'm still of the feeling that it might be a bit overkill to, say, make an Umbra for every primed warframe. If we want it to retain it's unique status, but also want to make a series out of it, I feel like they should craft an Umbra for just each one of the starting frames. An Omega to their Alphas. A story in three parts, etc.

Of course, given that might be missing out on a potential financial mine to dig into, I have a distinct feeling that my thoughts are nothing more then an low-yield opinion.

They already confirmed or said that all frames will have primes but not all will have umbras.

Whether they changed their minds or not, I can't say but that was the latest info with regard to how many frames will have umbra.

So, it's definitely not all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

They already confirmed or said that all frames will have primes but not all will have umbras.

Whether they changed their minds or not, I can't say but that was the latest info with regard to how many frames will have umbra.

So, it's definitely not all.

That's a pleasant reassurance. Good.

 

Actually. . . come to think of it. . . Protos are the beginning of the Warframes, if I recall. Before the thought of utilizeing them as psi-conduits essentially.

 

Perhaps that is the indicator for Umbral status? Excalibur Proto, Nyx Proto, Volt Proto's sudden appearence, ell, given the Codexian tale, perhaps a toothy-mawed roaring Rhino proto is called for here?

 

Ol scaliber might have been the first purpose-made suit series, but, the rhinos were the happiest accident the Empire ever had.

Edited by Unus
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree, it is a bit farfetched to expect Umbra variations of other frames with this quest but honestly with how long this has been delayed one would expect that they have something ready on that end, not for the quest that is but rather following content.

Also don't know what's so funny about my previous comment but what I mentioned is in line with what we know so far from previous info and expiriences.

Edited by (PS4)reddragonhrcro
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Agree, it is a bit farfetched to expect Umbra variations of other frames with this quest but honestly with how long this has been delayed one would expect that they have something ready on that end, not for the quest that is but rather following content.

Also don't know what's so funny about my previous comment but what I mentioned is in line with what we know so far from previous info and expiriences.

Fingers crossed suh. Mr. Myniki cast a LONGGGGGG shadow on the Umbral designs. Digital has performed quite back-and-forth with their designs since his departure. We shall have to see what the shadowy future has in store for us.

 

Funny sir/mam? I went back up the page to find your apparently laughed at comment, but, I've found nothing to suggest your being mocked.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...