Jump to content

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Unus said:

Fingers crossed suh. Mr. Myniki cast a LONGGGGGG shadow on the Umbral designs. Digital has performed quite back-and-forth with their designs since his departure. We shall have to see what the shadowy future has in store for us.

 

Funny sir/mam? I went back up the page to find your apparently laughed at comment, but, I've found nothing to suggest your being mocked.

actually lot of the designs are still mynikis , he had concept art for a few years pilled up that iirc that they still use 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

actually lot of the designs are still mynikis , he had concept art for a few years pilled up that iirc that they still use 

His ownership got forfeited? Hope he doesn't mind.

 

Come to think of it, most of what I was thinking of was the alternate armor sets, not the mainline series.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Unus said:

His ownership got forfeited? Hope he doesn't mind.

 

Come to think of it, most of what I was thinking of was the alternate armor sets, not the mainline series.

when your an artists in a game company your desigsn at the time on site i believe are company property 

or some shape/form like that 

example all submission for melee art contest art wise became property of de 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

when your an artists in a game company your desigsn at the time on site i believe are company property 

or some shape/form like that 

example all submission for melee art contest art wise became property of de 

Ah, I get you. Always thought it was a joint-custody thing, 75% Digital, 25% Artist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Yeah, I don't disagree with you 2 either. I was actually mostly kidding when I said they will launch 5 Umbras at a go but since none of us got any info, technically anything is possible.

That said, considering how they delayed this for so long and how they constantly avoid every single question on it, and touch and go on the topic on all the devstreams, it is very very clear how low a priority they have allocated to it.

However, low priority does not necessarily means shoddy work, considering they are not a small team anymore and should have at least 4 to 5 years of developing content for the game and how fast they can release new content every few weeks or months.

I am not encouraging having high hopes for this but who knows, ya? Maybe they really surprise us with a full line of Umbras ready and make our jaws drop like Second Dream.

 

I agree with this entire post.

Regarding the last part, and this is all in good humor (if there's any left to be had at this point on the topic, ugh), by the time the quest releases and I acquire the frame, I'll mainly be looking at exactly how much has happened in my life/how much I've accomplished since Excalibur Umbra's first leak July 19th, 2015 (as if I'm not already doing that).

He's become quite the key point in time I use for self-reflection, heh.

Edited by LazerSkink
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Unus said:

Fingers crossed suh. Mr. Myniki cast a LONGGGGGG shadow on the Umbral designs. Digital has performed quite back-and-forth with their designs since his departure. We shall have to see what the shadowy future has in store for us.

 

Funny sir/mam? I went back up the page to find your apparently laughed at comment, but, I've found nothing to suggest your being mocked.

Yeah I can see that being possible.

The 2 "Haha" emotes but yeah not important.

Also I'm a guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Yeah I can see that being possible.

The 2 "Haha" emotes but yeah not important.

Also I'm a guy.

Ah, very well, I thought it was more of one of those "forced laughs", where your laughing at something even though it stings a bit.

 

Sir it is and sir it shall remain, I'll add you to that side of the list.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This comment is going to be completely unrelated to the others in this thread. I think. Anyways, here we go.

Last night, I had a dream. The Sacrifice update had just been released, and everyone was hyped as you'd expect. But as is normal with dreams, (For me) I can't remember all of it. Long story short, The Sacrifice was finally released in the year 2023... Eulgh. Sure hope it's not DElayed until then... But guess what? UMBRA WAS DELAYED FURTHER!

Umbra wasn't in the quest. Not a drop, no farming, nothing. He was non-existent. He wasn't anywhere in the game. No one found anything about him, DE was staying silent, and people were raging. I don't even remember what the quest was about, but even though I remember the feeling of amazement at how awesome it was, not many others seemed to agree with me that the quest was amazing even without having contained Umbra. 

That's about all I got. However, there was one small thing. The Man in the Wall had alot to do with the quest, I remember that much. But after the quest, he had more spawnpoints and dialogue options. It was one of the strangest things ever. Like in dialogue options that we have with other NPCs in-game (Examples being Syndicates, Darvo, Simaris, etc.), The Man in the Wall could be talked to. You would walk up to him when he spawns, he says "Hey Kiddo..." as usual, but then you have the option to interact via pressing X. (Or whatever it is for console players. Lol, sorry for being ignorant guys.) After talking to him, I have no clue what happened. I was woken up shortly after pressing X. I had been reading through my own dialogue options when my alarm clock went off and the day began.

Anyways, hope you all enjoyed. I know it wasn't much, but if anyone from the DE staff reads this, please do NOT leave Umbra out of the quest. Also, please don't delay it until 2023. That was insane. 

Hope you guys all have a good week!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

This comment is going to be completely unrelated to the others in this thread. I think. Anyways, here we go.

Last night, I had a dream. The Sacrifice update had just been released, and everyone was hyped as you'd expect. But as is normal with dreams, (For me) I can't remember all of it. Long story short, The Sacrifice was finally released in the year 2023... Eulgh. Sure hope it's not DElayed until then... But guess what? UMBRA WAS DELAYED FURTHER!

Umbra wasn't in the quest. Not a drop, no farming, nothing. He was non-existent. He wasn't anywhere in the game. No one found anything about him, DE was staying silent, and people were raging. I don't even remember what the quest was about, but even though I remember the feeling of amazement at how awesome it was, not many others seemed to agree with me that the quest was amazing even without having contained Umbra. 

That's about all I got. However, there was one small thing. The Man in the Wall had alot to do with the quest, I remember that much. But after the quest, he had more spawnpoints and dialogue options. It was one of the strangest things ever. Like in dialogue options that we have with other NPCs in-game (Examples being Syndicates, Darvo, Simaris, etc.), The Man in the Wall could be talked to. You would walk up to him when he spawns, he says "Hey Kiddo..." as usual, but then you have the option to interact via pressing X. (Or whatever it is for console players. Lol, sorry for being ignorant guys.) After talking to him, I have no clue what happened. I was woken up shortly after pressing X. I had been reading through my own dialogue options when my alarm clock went off and the day began.

Anyways, hope you all enjoyed. I know it wasn't much, but if anyone from the DE staff reads this, please do NOT leave Umbra out of the quest. Also, please don't delay it until 2023. That was insane. 

Hope you guys all have a good week!

Well, I did thought of 1 possibility that could screw everyone over.

It's similar to your dream but will still have Umbra in the quest.

The thing is we have always said Excalibur Umbra will be in the Sacrifice and he does appear in the Sacrifice trailer too.

However, 1 possible plot twist for us could be that he is inside as an NPC but not as a reward and he will appear in later quests as reward which will be even later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Well, I did thought of 1 possibility that could screw everyone over.

It's similar to your dream but will still have Umbra in the quest.

The thing is we have always said Excalibur Umbra will be in the Sacrifice and he does appear in the Sacrifice trailer too.

However, 1 possible plot twist for us could be that he is inside as an NPC but not as a reward and he will appear in later quests as reward which will be even later.

An introduction as an amazing character, then his brutal killing as he says he passes his legacy on to you, then a series of quests handed out piecemeal of retreiveing his mangled chunks to make our own copy.

 

Sounds like a sort of cold-hearted response from Digital of "You wouldn't shut up about it, so, fine, here's your feckin prize losers." 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

This comment is going to be completely unrelated to the others in this thread. I think. Anyways, here we go.

Last night, I had a dream. The Sacrifice update had just been released, and everyone was hyped as you'd expect. But as is normal with dreams, (For me) I can't remember all of it. Long story short, The Sacrifice was finally released in the year 2023... Eulgh. Sure hope it's not DElayed until then... But guess what? UMBRA WAS DELAYED FURTHER!

Umbra wasn't in the quest. Not a drop, no farming, nothing. He was non-existent. He wasn't anywhere in the game. No one found anything about him, DE was staying silent, and people were raging. I don't even remember what the quest was about, but even though I remember the feeling of amazement at how awesome it was, not many others seemed to agree with me that the quest was amazing even without having contained Umbra. 

That's about all I got. However, there was one small thing. The Man in the Wall had alot to do with the quest, I remember that much. But after the quest, he had more spawnpoints and dialogue options. It was one of the strangest things ever. Like in dialogue options that we have with other NPCs in-game (Examples being Syndicates, Darvo, Simaris, etc.), The Man in the Wall could be talked to. You would walk up to him when he spawns, he says "Hey Kiddo..." as usual, but then you have the option to interact via pressing X. (Or whatever it is for console players. Lol, sorry for being ignorant guys.) After talking to him, I have no clue what happened. I was woken up shortly after pressing X. I had been reading through my own dialogue options when my alarm clock went off and the day began.

Anyways, hope you all enjoyed. I know it wasn't much, but if anyone from the DE staff reads this, please do NOT leave Umbra out of the quest. Also, please don't delay it until 2023. That was insane. 

Hope you guys all have a good week!

I had a dream about the quest a while ago, I don't remember much but the Stalker played a pivitol role and I don't remember how but the Stalker became Excalibur Umbra as he was walking to the light

Link to post
Share on other sites

Prime warframe: During the Orokin Empire

Umbra warframe: After the fall of the orokin empire

So I feel like the orokin are supposed to be the Roman empire and right now in our current time line we are in the dark ages thats why its called umbra, we are the remnants of what was something great now we are just a shadow of it. 

Im just speculating and this is how i see warframe currently. Also Im not up to date with warframe Lore

So what faction is able to make something thats just as good or even better than a prime frame? Or what if its not even better than our prime frames, what if its just a modified version. We lost the Lotus, so whos gonna guide us now? Tenshin? Vor? (I kinda like vor over Lotus). Tenshin didnt trust the Lotus ( Also i dont trust the Lotus, isnt it a coincidence her name is from the oddssey, shes feeding us lies?) so maybe he kept something from her. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Umbra is a rogue warframe, broken free from Operator's control.

That still doesn't explain what Umbra frames are. Or any frame for that matter.

@(PS4)sack_shot01 As for your question, I'd say wait until the Sacrifice quest, since apparently it's going to be more focused on the Warframes rather than the Operator.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...