Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

1 hour ago, WARmaro said:

It would only be a reskin like your saying for some founders because you already own 2 Excaliburs while all non founders do not. So for me as a non founder  anything, even a small tweak or stat buff would be great because I do not have an option to regular excal. I think realistically Umbra Excalibur is to fill the void of excal prime as an option, until Dexcalibur comes. So I feel like it will most likely be the same as regular excal, but I do agree that the frames to follow should deviate more from the regular and prime frames.

Wait, wait, the Dex Excalibur suit is actually it's own entity? Not just a new set of metallic flesh to overlay onto a standard Excalibur?

19 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ah, I was about to say. My memory may be murky at times, but, I coulda swore the Dex Ex was just more colorful tissue.

Apologies, that's the way I took it from the devstream when he mentioned it. I thought it would be a whole frame. Because I remembered it him saying Dexcalibur and not Dexcalibur skin.

1 minute ago, WARmaro said:

Apologies, that's the way I took it from the devstream when he mentioned it. I thought it would be a whole frame. Because I remembered it him saying Dexcalibur and not Dexcalibur skin.

No need sir/mam, corrections were made, no verbal warfare was had, alls well that ends swell.

13 hours ago, WARmaro said:

It would only be a reskin like your saying for some founders because you already own 2 Excaliburs while all non founders do not. So for me as a non founder  anything, even a small tweak or stat buff would be great because I do not have an option to regular excal. I think realistically Umbra Excalibur is to fill the void of excal prime as an option, until Dexcalibur comes. So I feel like it will most likely be the same as regular excal, but I do agree that the frames to follow should deviate more from the regular and prime frames.

So, if the Dexcalibur skin gives 25 more armor to regular Excal, then we don't need to release Excal Umbra?

Hmm..in that case, maybe DE should have just given Excal Umbra 25 more armor than the regular version and release it a few years ago.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

6 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

So, if the Dexcalibur skin gives 25 more armor to regular Excal, then we don't need to release Excal Umbra?

Hmm..in that case, maybe DE should have just given Excal Umbra 25 more armor than the regular version and release it a few years ago.

I feel like you're looking at Umbra too much from a Founders perspective and not enough from a new players perspective. 

You've already got an Excal variant that 99.99% of the player base will never ever have the chance get, so it's easy for you to write Excal Umbra off as just another reskin. The rest of us, we've got identical Excals, my Excal is the same as Frank's, and Joe's, and Bobby, and every other newbie who picks him from the start. The only thing setting them apart each other being forma forma and cosmetics. 

So, that being said, I think it's important for Umbra to be recognizable as Excal (Blind still blinds, Exalted Blade still blades), while different enough to not just be another reskin. 

I'd be open to future Umbra frames having different abilities, just not Excal due to his Prime's unique circumstance. 

Edited by Valor

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Legends say that every time someone asks about Umbra, it gets delayed by another month.

No, no news except that it should be part of the next major quest.

Idk about anyone else. But I'm way more hyped for the venus landscape than umbra. I'm not really hyped at all for umbra since it's been what, 3 years now? 

Apparently they're showing off the venus landscape in the next devstream

7 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Ehhhh.... I'm dreading the Venus landscape more than anything. There better be major improvements in game structure as well as map design on that one, because damn the Plains did not turn out good. Gorgeous to look at, yes. Fun to play, not so much.

I mostly agree. I just don't think PoE is that gorgeous.

19 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Idk about anyone else. But I'm way more hyped for the venus landscape than umbra. I'm not really hyped at all for umbra since it's been what, 3 years now? 

I'm the exact opposite.  The Sacrifice promises a better story continuation - and when I heard them say it was Venus I almost vomitted in my mouth a bit from Destiny flashbacks.  I wish they had picked a different planet, but I'll still enjoy the content, I'm sure.

It doesn't help they already have a trailer for the Sacrifice - how much longer can they really delay it now -_- We've waited years for Umbra to be teased with that to wait some more -_-

4 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

I'm the exact opposite.  The Sacrifice promises a better story continuation - and when I heard them say it was Venus I almost vomitted in my mouth a bit from Destiny flashbacks.  I wish they had picked a different planet, but I'll still enjoy the content, I'm sure.

It doesn't help they already have a trailer for the Sacrifice - how much longer can they really delay it now -_- We've waited years for Umbra to be teased with that to wait some more -_-

I never played destiny cause I was never interested at all. It just looked so boring just from the look and style of the game. 

51 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Yup next week we get to see more of the Venus landscape.

Edited by Jim22

1 minute ago, Jim22 said:

Nah that will either be khora and dmg 2.5 or Venus plains or both  umbra probably won't be till tennocon I'm guessing.

I don't think Khora will warrant a full update. From the way Steve talked about it, it sounds like Khora's gonna be introduced the same way Gara was - a little quest within a bigger update.

He even said that Khora's quest will have 'some lore' but most of it is being channeled into Sacrifice. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

If we're going by time since the teaser, it's been 7 months. If the Sacrifice is not released by early March, it means we will have reached the point of waiting longer for the quest than we did for War Within (teased April, released November), minus, of course, the major vocalized disappointment from the community on the constant delays. However, this of course is due to Plains taking #1 priority for the entirety of 2017. 

Though yes, if we're only referring to Excalibur Umbra, it took 2 years to just get a teaser (and the quest is still not out).

And going by that teaser's copyright info, it was made in 2016 (likely after TennoCon, maybe around the War Within's development finishing, but that's just a guess).

And then the idea of Plains appears to have come out of nowhere.

And development of the quest seemingly didn't begin until recently.

All this points to the teaser being very obviously meant as a crowd pleaser and nothing more, as in no indication that the quest is going to be released any time soon after the video was shown. I believe this is further supported by just how cheesy the thing is, with the flashy crumbling, the flashy movement, a conveniently placed Nikana stuck in a stone on the moon (because that's a thing that happens I think), the slow build up of just grabbing the damn hilt, and the flashy twirl (I wonder if he stayed in that position after the screen went black). It's obvious none of the clip's content is significant to the quest, it was just meant to generate a reaction by focusing on the one aspect of it most people have been anticipating. That's why I question why people wanted an Umbra reveal at TennoCon in the first place. What's there to reveal? It was pointless to make from the beginning. And even if they ended up teasing him (which they did), it wouldn't have mattered; we'd still have to wait (which we are).

Edited by LazerSkink
  • Like 1