Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

14 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

If we're going by time since the teaser, it's been 7 months. If the Sacrifice is not released by early March, it means we will have reached the point of waiting longer for the quest than we did for War Within (teased April, released November), minus, of course, the major vocalized disappointment from the community on the constant delays. However, this of course is due to Plains taking #1 priority for the entirety of 2017. 

Though yes, if we're only referring to Excalibur Umbra, it took 2 years to just get a teaser (and the quest is still not out).

And going by that teaser's copyright info, it was made in 2016 (likely after TennoCon, maybe around the War Within's development finishing, but that's just a guess).

And then the idea of Plains appears to have come out of nowhere.

And development of the quest seemingly didn't begin until recently.

All this points to the teaser being very obviously meant as a crowd pleaser and nothing more, as in no indication that the quest is going to be released any time soon after the video was shown. I believe this is further supported by just how cheesy the thing is, with the flashy crumbling, the flashy movement, a conveniently placed Nikana stuck in a stone on the moon (because that's a thing that happens I think), the slow build up of just grabbing the damn hilt, and the flashy twirl (I wonder if he stayed in that position after the screen went black). It's obvious none of the clip's content is significant to the quest, it was just meant to generate a reaction by focusing on the one aspect of it most people have been anticipating. That's why I question why people wanted an Umbra reveal at TennoCon in the first place. What's there to reveal? It was pointless to make from the beginning. And even if they ended up teasing him (which they did), it wouldn't have mattered; we'd still have to wait (which we are).

I think it was done to generate more interest/curiosity in the quest, because up until then, the quest didn't have a name, we just referred to it as "the third cinematic quest". And I feel like it was pretty effective as per:

On 17.02.2018 at 7:15 AM, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

So, if the Dexcalibur skin gives 25 more armor to regular Excal, then we don't need to release Excal Umbra?

Hmm..in that case, maybe DE should have just given Excal Umbra 25 more armor than the regular version and release it a few years ago.

Well yeah... should've. Initially they were planning to release it by the end of 2015.

And talking about stats, neither Prime nor Umbra should have such a small boost. It's understandable that Excal Prime is currently in such a position because of exclusivity but with Umbra version available for everyone there won't be a reason to hold back anymore so after Excal Umbra release both Prime and Umbra should have a stat treatment like other Prime warframes do. Most likely it'll be stats of Chinese Umbra: +25 armor, +50 energy.

As for the differences, IMO Excalibur should play like Excalibur, not a different frame. We have other frames for different gameplay. If Umbra is really going to be new series and not just Excalibur, it'd be better to have some additional mechanic that would work for all Umbra frames. But even if this mechanic doesn't make a real difference, Umbras could serve as a second chance for fashionframe. Frost and Mag, for example, could really benefit from it. And I personally don't like some Prime frame designs so it'd be very nice to have another shiny option.

On 17.02.2018 at 1:38 PM, Valor said:

I'd be open to future Umbra frames having different abilities, just not Excal due to his Prime's unique circumstance. 

But then we'll have another gap because Excal will be the only frame without alternative skillset. Perhaps it could be solved by giving Excalibur Umbra an exclusive option of switching between regular and new skillset.

19 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Well then i'll have to ask about it more then.. i cant care less about the thing and it could never come and i'd be fine with that

Those who could care less don't even come to these threads, not even talking about posting something here. You, on the other hand, care about Umbra, you just wish it'd never be released. For your own reasons.

1 hour ago, Ksaero said:

But then we'll have another gap because Excal will be the only frame without alternative skillset. Perhaps it could be solved by giving Excalibur Umbra an exclusive option of switching between regular and new skillset.

I mean, I wouldn't really call it a gap considering Excal's kit is already pretty good. 

That being said, I would not be opposed to a toggle between the new and old skillsets. 

21 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Well then i'll have to ask about it more then.. i cant care less about the thing and it could never come and i'd be fine with that

These type of "Oh I don't care" posts are getting boring now. If you didn't care you wouldn't be here. Simple as that. Do you people really need attention that badly?

14 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

These type of "Oh I don't care" posts are getting boring now. If you didn't care you wouldn't be here. Simple as that. Do you people really need attention that badly?

To be fair, that was posted in the thread merged here recently. The same thing can be said about those who feel the need to make another Umbra thread knowing very well there's already a megathread in existence.

Sigh, almost everyday I check the warframe update forums in case the sacrifice gets put live but nada..lol.. #Feelsbadman

But interesting to read the various theories on this thread ;) From a lore standpoint, really hope it get released before spring like they initially said

38 minutes ago, Dhashruman said:

Sigh, almost everyday I check the warframe update forums in case the sacrifice gets put live but nada..lol.. #Feelsbadman

But interesting to read the various theories on this thread ;) From a lore standpoint, really hope it get released before spring like they initially said

Yeah, same here.

I really don't get the whole secrecy though.

I mean yeah, they did say any info is akin to Second Dream but that's because we never had operators at that point in time.

Considering now that we already got control mechanics like warframes, operators, archwings, sharkwings, minigames in the arsenal and even golden maw in The War Within, I really don't think there can be anything new in control mechanics that they can come up with for Umbra.

So, how much can they really spoil by giving tidbits of info?

15 minutes ago, Mingcrusher said:

The main issue with delaying is: Every day, at least one new idea gets posted. If they wait long enough, the entire Sacrifice script will show up SOMEWHERE on the forums due to the nature of randomness.

I'm pretty certain by now, something within this thread or the forums had already hit the jackpot on the concept they are using for the mechanic of Umbra.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if DE took some ideas from the thread or the forums and changed their original idea to it, which was why it took longer than expected.

Yet, they aren't releasing anything because they wanna surprise us? :crylaugh:

3 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

I'm pretty certain by now, something within this thread or the forums had already hit the jackpot on the concept they are using for the mechanic of Umbra.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if DE took some ideas from the thread or the forums and changed their original idea to it, which was why it took longer than expected.

Yet, they aren't releasing anything because they wanna surprise us? :crylaugh:

was kinda the intent of the thread actually 

2 hours ago, Demoonic said:

I'm so tired of waiting 

I'm right there with ya man. Honestly it's really hard to maintain excitement for it at this point. 

I kinda feel like DE is just really screwing themselves now, whatever they've got cooked up can't possibly justify the 3 year wait. 

14 minutes ago, Valor said:

I'm right there with ya man. Honestly it's really hard to maintain excitement for it at this point. 

I kinda feel like DE is just really screwing themselves now, whatever they've got cooked up can't possibly justify the 3 year wait. 

worth 3 years ? probably not 

i just hope for a cinematic sword fight between frame and umbra excal