Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

1 hour ago, SavitarGod0fSpeed said:

i have one silly question on this topic the umbra warframe is gonna be available for every single warframe? or is gonna be just for Excalibur? also is gonna be like like the prime warframes? like for example you need different parts to farm in order to get Volt Prime or is gonna be some sort of transformation? Because to tell you the truth i would like to make My Volt Prime even more powerful.

good question 

but honestly we dont know

•  initially stated every frame gets a [prime] but not all get an [umbra]
  • how umbras are obtained is through a new system [excal is dropped via quest per chinaframe agreement terms iirc] 
  • it wont make volt p more powerful, if volt umbra its supposedly a side grade  but will hopefully have a unique mechanic to umbra types 

1 hour ago, SavitarGod0fSpeed said:

i have one silly question on this topic the umbra warframe is gonna be available for every single warframe? or is gonna be just for Excalibur? also is gonna be like like the prime warframes? like for example you need different parts to farm in order to get Volt Prime or is gonna be some sort of transformation? Because to tell you the truth i would like to make My Volt Prime even more powerful.

Based on what we know, the Stalwarts and a few more popular frames, including our beloved Volt, will be "Umbra'd". Speculation, though.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

On 2/26/2018 at 5:18 PM, LazerSkink said:

Here's a relevant tweet. Doesn't do anything here, nor there, but it's there, so here.

And all in good fun, I have no ill will towards DE, I made a slight edit.

ab7e6a8c597123fa4c8bd6808091e2c2.png

What happened to Steve's sharp text?

Spoiler

I absolutely loved it when Scott roasted Steve with that on the Devstream. He didn't use the same wording I did though.

Edited by KelsierSurvivor

16 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

roasting? 

Someone in chat asked Steve about Umbra and, as you would expect, he was very hesitant to say anything. He kinda just paused and was like, "We're working on it..."

Scott turned around and, while he was reading the message, said, "That's some nice sharp text..." 

Steve was roasted in that he was so worried about his sharp text that he wasn't working on Umbra. I'll just post the video here with the timestamp...

Spoiler

3 hours ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

Someone in chat asked Steve about Umbra and, as you would expect, he was very hesitant to say anything. He kinda just paused and was like, "We're working on it..."

Scott turned around and, while he was reading the message, said, "That's some nice sharp text..." 

Steve was roasted in that he was so worried about his sharp text that he wasn't working on Umbra. I'll just post the video here with the timestamp...

Reveal hidden contents

ah i didnt get the context , thanks

• Like 1

I found this great video from a Youtuber called AlphenX while I was looking up information on the concept of the Jungian Shadow, Carl Jung's term for the 'dark side' of the ego. I'm thinking that perhaps this is the key to discovering what Umbra really is. Please analyze this in the context of The Sacrifice trailer and come up with your best hypothesis. I think we're on to something. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UMBRANEMESIS said:

I found this great video from a Youtuber called AlphenX while I was looking up information on the concept of the Jungian Shadow, Carl Jung's term for the 'dark side' of the ego. I'm thinking that perhaps this is the key to discovering what Umbra really is. Please analyze this in the context of The Sacrifice trailer and come up with your best hypothesis. I think we're on to something. 

My best hypothesis is that DE will remake 'The Sacrifice' for the 4th time because there is no way this didn't hit the nail on the head and now they have to make up something new.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UMBRANEMESIS said:

He might have just got it right..

5 hours ago, Mingcrusher said:

My best hypothesis is that DE will remake 'The Sacrifice' for the 4th time because there is no way this didn't hit the nail on the head and now they have to make up something new.

God no, please. My heart can't handle more Umbra delays

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UMBRANEMESIS said:

when BARO UMBRA?

Maybe to handle the trauma of wiping the Orokin, The Operator created the "Stalker" and this is the war without... the war without oneself and The Operator accepts himself and merges with Umbra or something like that.

The Operator fashioned false memories from the dream world which became a lost fragment and became part of Stalker "A low guardian". 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, UMBRANEMESIS said:

some interesting points , i did enjoy it 

many points have been talked on at some length or another down the years