Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

2 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Just realized one thing, not sure if anybody else brought it up. With both of the previous cinematic quests we got new locations( Lua and Kuva Fortress).If we are to go by this then we may get a new location with The Sacrifice quest. Curious what it could be if that's the case.

did not think of that

smart

2 hours ago, AveuPlays said:

I've lost all hope of getting the update before tennocon. 

Right there with you. I'll be surprised if we get The Sacrifice as early as 2020, the way things are going. It's already been 3 years since Excalibur Umbra was confirmed "coming to global" - what's another 2 years?

• Like 1

On 3/4/2018 at 11:20 PM, (PS4)zeroexalpha said:

I wouldn't mind Excalibur Umbra having altered stats / slightly altered abilities (whether that's cosmetic or functionally) - but anything drastic like removing/changing an ability entirely would be a massive no from me.

It still needs to be recognizable as an Excal or at least toggleable between the old skills and new, you know?  If they are gonna completely change his kit then I don't think he'll have as much appeal.

The "toggle" is easy...switch between regular Excal and Umbra.  Just like you "toggle" between Loki and Ivara.  No reason a new frame can't be, well, ...new.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

The "toggle" is easy...switch between regular Excal and Umbra.  Just like you "toggle" between Loki and Ivara.  No reason a new frame can't be, well, ...new.

No, I disagree.

There's no reason why they can't make Umbra satisfy all parties.

I mean non-Founders who want Excal Prime 2.0 aside, there are also people who don't like Excal and also Founders who don't need 3 Excals.

So, a toggle will easily make Excal Umbra meaningful for all parties.

More importantly, we need to consider future Umbras because all other frames will get Prime versions and those are accessible to everyone so it's gonna be wierd when we get 3 Lokis or 3 Trinities or whatever frames get Umbraed.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO
I had a brain fart😂
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Actually, he said there's no need for toggle option as you can always go back to regular Excal.

Oh..hahaha..lol

I misinterpreted it😂

Then, I disagree with what he wrote.

If Excal Umbra is just another Excal, then there's really no content value for Umbras in my opinion since Loki Umbra, Trinity Umbra or whatever Umbra will be just another Loki Prime, Trinity Prime or whatever Prime and they won't even be formaed at acquisition.

28 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Oh..hahaha..lol

I misinterpreted it😂

Then, I disagree with what he wrote.

If Excal Umbra is just another Excal, then there's really no content value for Umbras in my opinion since Loki Umbra, Trinity Umbra or whatever Umbra will be just another Loki Prime, Trinity Prime or whatever Prime and they won't even be formaed at acquisition.

Well, if the difference is really going to be in skillset, then IMO Excal Umbra should have an exclusive option to switch between regular and new skillset while other Umbra frames should be limited to just new skillset to not make their Prime variants obsolete.

One question: Did anybody ever confirm that Umbra will be evil/a dark spirit/whatever?

Just because the most important aspect of Warframe (Fashionframe) suggests this, was it ever confirmed by DE?

Yes, he may be a darker version, but we got some dark primes, too.

Just asking because many theories suggest him to be evil.

y8cSh4V.jpg

10 minutes ago, Mingcrusher said:

One question: Did anybody ever confirm that Umbra will be evil/a dark spirit/whatever?

Just because the most important aspect of Warframe (Fashionframe) suggests this, was it ever confirmed by DE?

Yes, he may be a darker version, but we got some dark primes, too.

Just asking because many theories suggest him to be evil.

y8cSh4V.jpg

So far, we actually got zero info on him.

The only info that has been said by the devs are:

1. Global upgrade to Excal

2. All frames will be primed but only some will be umbraed

3. We are getting a visually identical Excal Umbra as Chinaframe's Excal Umbra Prime

4. Excal Umbra appeared in Sacrifice trailer

5. Sacrifice will be released before Venus open world

That's all the info we got.

In fact, if DE wants to pull a fast one on us, point 4 can just mean he is an NPC and not a reward.

That's how little info we actually have and why info on Umbra and Sacrifice is so sought-after.

Everything else is all inferred content or speculation.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

8 hours ago, Blade said:

Right there with you. I'll be surprised if we get The Sacrifice as early as 2020, the way things are going. It's already been 3 years since Excalibur Umbra was confirmed "coming to global" - what's another 2 years?

took 3 years to get the bird in the game....many things take time, i dont see why people are surprised by the time it has taken

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

someone made a ported mod of umbra for some game on steam 

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C637%3A358&composite-to=*,*%7C637%3A358&background-color=black?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C637%3A358&composite-to=*,*%7C637%3A358&background-color=black

To think some weird GMod-like game gets Excalibur Umbra before the official game does. 

Sigh... 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

So far, we actually got zero info on him.

The only info that has been said by the devs are:

1. Global upgrade to Excal

2. All frames will be primed but only some will be umbraed

3. We are getting a visually identical Excal Umbra as Chinaframe's Excal Umbra Prime

4. Excal Umbra appeared in Sacrifice trailer

5. Sacrifice will be released before Venus open world

That's all the info we got.

In fact, if DE wants to pull a fast one on us, point 4 can just mean he is an NPC and not a reward.

That's how little info we actually have and why info on Umbra and Sacrifice is so sought-after.

Everything else is all inferred content or speculation.

Wait really? Sorry Im new to the forum and skipped alot but did they really say it's coming before this venus update thing?? 

7 minutes ago, KvngJ said:

Wait really? Sorry Im new to the forum and skipped alot but did they really say it's coming before this venus update thing?? 

They did, in Devstream 107 (might be the wrong one) 

But keep in mind, they also said in the same sentence that most of their team is working on Plains of Venus, so that probably means Umbra got pushed back yet again. 

3 hours ago, KvngJ said:

2 hours ago, Blade said:

But keep in mind, they also said in the same sentence that most of their team is working on Plains of Venus, so that probably means Umbra got pushed back yet again. 

Yup and to add on to what Blade said, that plan was according to Steve, decided just before that stream and if I remember correctly, it was because Scott felt it was the right thing to do.

Think it was before 107 though but I can't remember which 1 too. 107's the one where Scott roasted Steve on the sharp text by joking that the sharp text is more priority than Umbra for Steve.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Yup and to add on to what Blade said, that plan was according to Steve, decided just before that stream and if I remember correctly, it was because Scott felt it was the right thing to do.

2 hours ago, Blade said:

2 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Well good know. Went from pretty excited to disappointed in just a few sentences ._.