Jump to content
(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Just realized one thing, not sure if anybody else brought it up. With both of the previous cinematic quests we got new locations( Lua and Kuva Fortress).If we are to go by this then we may get a new location with The Sacrifice quest. Curious what it could be if that's the case.

Planet X that visits our Origin System once every 1000 years. That's how new Sentient units will arrive to this system. They stayed and waited on that planet to slowly come into our system./s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Just realized one thing, not sure if anybody else brought it up. With both of the previous cinematic quests we got new locations( Lua and Kuva Fortress).If we are to go by this then we may get a new location with The Sacrifice quest. Curious what it could be if that's the case.

 

This is the Umbra megathread. If you think something hasn't been brought up, it's been brought up a multitude of times.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

 

This is the Umbra megathread. If you think something hasn't been brought up, it's been brought up a multitude of times.

i did find v1's link and its in op also v2 is still RIP 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Just realized one thing, not sure if anybody else brought it up. With both of the previous cinematic quests we got new locations( Lua and Kuva Fortress).If we are to go by this then we may get a new location with The Sacrifice quest. Curious what it could be if that's the case.

did not think of that

smart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

did not think of that

smart

It's probably literally the insides of Natah, beneath the surface of the moon.  A literal "womb" built to protect the Tenno.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

I smell the umbra update near by...

I've lost all hope of getting the update before tennocon. 

  • Like 1
  • Satisfied 2
  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AveuPlays said:

I've lost all hope of getting the update before tennocon. 

Right there with you. I'll be surprised if we get The Sacrifice as early as 2020, the way things are going. It's already been 3 years since Excalibur Umbra was confirmed "coming to global" - what's another 2 years?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2018 at 11:20 PM, (PS4)zeroexalpha said:

I wouldn't mind Excalibur Umbra having altered stats / slightly altered abilities (whether that's cosmetic or functionally) - but anything drastic like removing/changing an ability entirely would be a massive no from me.

It still needs to be recognizable as an Excal or at least toggleable between the old skills and new, you know?  If they are gonna completely change his kit then I don't think he'll have as much appeal.

The "toggle" is easy...switch between regular Excal and Umbra.  Just like you "toggle" between Loki and Ivara.  No reason a new frame can't be, well, ...new.

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

The "toggle" is easy...switch between regular Excal and Umbra.  Just like you "toggle" between Loki and Ivara.  No reason a new frame can't be, well, ...new.

No, I disagree.

There's no reason why they can't make Umbra satisfy all parties.

I mean non-Founders who want Excal Prime 2.0 aside, there are also people who don't like Excal and also Founders who don't need 3 Excals.

So, a toggle will easily make Excal Umbra meaningful for all parties.

More importantly, we need to consider future Umbras because all other frames will get Prime versions and those are accessible to everyone so it's gonna be wierd when we get 3 Lokis or 3 Trinities or whatever frames get Umbraed.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO
I had a brain fart😂
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Yeah, I agree.

Actually, he said there's no need for toggle option as you can always go back to regular Excal.

  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Actually, he said there's no need for toggle option as you can always go back to regular Excal.

Oh..hahaha..lol

I misinterpreted it😂

Then, I disagree with what he wrote.

If Excal Umbra is just another Excal, then there's really no content value for Umbras in my opinion since Loki Umbra, Trinity Umbra or whatever Umbra will be just another Loki Prime, Trinity Prime or whatever Prime and they won't even be formaed at acquisition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Oh..hahaha..lol

I misinterpreted it😂

Then, I disagree with what he wrote.

If Excal Umbra is just another Excal, then there's really no content value for Umbras in my opinion since Loki Umbra, Trinity Umbra or whatever Umbra will be just another Loki Prime, Trinity Prime or whatever Prime and they won't even be formaed at acquisition.

Well, if the difference is really going to be in skillset, then IMO Excal Umbra should have an exclusive option to switch between regular and new skillset while other Umbra frames should be limited to just new skillset to not make their Prime variants obsolete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One question: Did anybody ever confirm that Umbra will be evil/a dark spirit/whatever?

Just because the most important aspect of Warframe (Fashionframe) suggests this, was it ever confirmed by DE?

Yes, he may be a darker version, but we got some dark primes, too.

Just asking because many theories suggest him to be evil.

y8cSh4V.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mingcrusher said:

One question: Did anybody ever confirm that Umbra will be evil/a dark spirit/whatever?

Just because the most important aspect of Warframe (Fashionframe) suggests this, was it ever confirmed by DE?

Yes, he may be a darker version, but we got some dark primes, too.

Just asking because many theories suggest him to be evil.

y8cSh4V.jpg

So far, we actually got zero info on him.

The only info that has been said by the devs are:

1. Global upgrade to Excal

2. All frames will be primed but only some will be umbraed

3. We are getting a visually identical Excal Umbra as Chinaframe's Excal Umbra Prime

4. Excal Umbra appeared in Sacrifice trailer

5. Sacrifice will be released before Venus open world

That's all the info we got.

In fact, if DE wants to pull a fast one on us, point 4 can just mean he is an NPC and not a reward.

That's how little info we actually have and why info on Umbra and Sacrifice is so sought-after.

Everything else is all inferred content or speculation.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blade said:

Right there with you. I'll be surprised if we get The Sacrifice as early as 2020, the way things are going. It's already been 3 years since Excalibur Umbra was confirmed "coming to global" - what's another 2 years?

took 3 years to get the bird in the game....many things take time, i dont see why people are surprised by the time it has taken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Final Fantasy Warframe Versus 13 Umbra

someone made a ported mod of umbra for some game on steam 

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C637%3A358&composite-to=*,*%7C637%3A358&background-color=black?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C637%3A358&composite-to=*,*%7C637%3A358&background-color=black

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako
  • Like 3
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

someone made a ported mod of umbra for some game on steam 

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C637%3A358&composite-to=*,*%7C637%3A358&background-color=black?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C637%3A358&composite-to=*,*%7C637%3A358&background-color=black

To think some weird GMod-like game gets Excalibur Umbra before the official game does. 

 

Sigh... 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

So far, we actually got zero info on him.

The only info that has been said by the devs are:

1. Global upgrade to Excal

2. All frames will be primed but only some will be umbraed

3. We are getting a visually identical Excal Umbra as Chinaframe's Excal Umbra Prime

4. Excal Umbra appeared in Sacrifice trailer

5. Sacrifice will be released before Venus open world

That's all the info we got.

In fact, if DE wants to pull a fast one on us, point 4 can just mean he is an NPC and not a reward.

That's how little info we actually have and why info on Umbra and Sacrifice is so sought-after.

Everything else is all inferred content or speculation.

Wait really? Sorry Im new to the forum and skipped alot but did they really say it's coming before this venus update thing?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KvngJ said:

Wait really? Sorry Im new to the forum and skipped alot but did they really say it's coming before this venus update thing?? 

They did, in Devstream 107 (might be the wrong one) 

 

But keep in mind, they also said in the same sentence that most of their team is working on Plains of Venus, so that probably means Umbra got pushed back yet again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...