(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

2 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

2 hours ago, Blade said:

Interesting! Could mean things will finally move along now that the Chinese founders deal is over. 

its visually still there but it has been unable to purchase for a while now, and did close when it officially stated it would, why the buttons live is beyond me *shrugs* 

i just remember some were concerned of it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i might draw a birthday thing for friday , march 16 is my b day 

So your birthday is on the 16th, that's interesting, because the next Devstream is on the 16th. See what I'm getting at here? :highfive:

• Applause 1

Am 7.3.2018 um 12:49 schrieb OoKeNnEtHoO:

So far, we actually got zero info on him.

The only info that has been said by the devs are:

1. Global upgrade to Excal

2. All frames will be primed but only some will be umbraed

3. We are getting a visually identical Excal Umbra as Chinaframe's Excal Umbra Prime

4. Excal Umbra appeared in Sacrifice trailer

5. Sacrifice will be released before Venus open world

That's all the info we got.

In fact, if DE wants to pull a fast one on us, point 4 can just mean he is an NPC and not a reward.

That's how little info we actually have and why info on Umbra and Sacrifice is so sought-after.

Everything else is all inferred content or speculation.

I think Umbra will be hidden behind the Apostasy questline, where a brainwashed/rell'd Lotus turns on us using Umbra Frames.

5 hours ago, NoSpax said:

I think Umbra will be hidden behind the Apostasy questline, where a brainwashed/rell'd Lotus turns on us using Umbra Frames.

Either that or we will have a brand new... release trailer at tennocon 2018

• Applause 1

c2ad9224d15108c32c57d2cd35fea56c.png
Hmm? An anniversary teaser site. I wonder what that could entail....perhaps the sacrifice? 

5 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

Hmm? An anniversary teaser site. I wonder what that could entail....perhaps the sacrifice? 

I think more likely about the Dex goodies we are getting and how to get them.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

dex umbra, wonder how it will look

glue on some clothes and golden bits

17 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

dex umbra, wonder how it will look

Maybe like umbra with immortal skin,but I hopee not...

11 hours ago, Demoonic said:

Mostly going to be with the Dex items, however, since it seems like a full site, (got that from “more details about everything to come”.) it does indicate we may get some info on something other than Dex. I doubt it’s going to be the Sacrifice though, as the Venus landscape will bring in more players, than the Sacrifice. No offence.

• Applause 1

8 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Think what you will. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I THINK it looks like little to no work has been done on the sacrifice since it was teased 8 months ago. Let me just restate this for anyone in the back. DE HAS BEEN WORKING ON UMBRA FOR THREE YEARS. Three years and they still haven't even come close to finishing his quest. What in gods name is taking them so long? Do they just not care?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Demoonic said:

I THINK it looks like little to no work has been done on the sacrifice since it was teased 8 months ago. Let me just restate this for anyone in the back. DE HAS BEEN WORKING ON UMBRA FOR THREE YEARS. Three years and they still haven't even come close to finishing his quest. What in gods name is taking them so long? Do they just not care?

1.  Open world business model priority ensures longevity of the game.

2.  Before I repost what I said before, consider Steve might be pulling a "rope-a-dope"...

3.  You just got a FREE new Excal skin equivalent to what China had to pay for.

My speculation is that they went from a skin to a quest for a skin to an entire revenue stream for a third line of frames using existing loot mechanics.

Primes/Prime parts required to make Umbras would instantly reinvigorate the market and Vaulted pack purchases.

They give us Excal Umbra free with the Sacrifice because Excal Prime is exclusive.

Lore rework and Cinematics would be vastly more resource-intensive as well.

Steve's job is to keep the game going and keep it awesome.  Let's trust him.  The DE team busts their asses.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

3.  You just got a FREE new Excal skin equivalent to what China had to pay for.

True. But the reason I like Umbra so much is because he doesn't suffer from the early primes lack of added detail. Excal has no bulk on him when compared to like, vauban and vauban prime. Dexcal looks really cool but it's just a reskin, kinda hoped they would remodel him with the skin (thats the impression I got from the concept art)

1 hour ago, Demoonic said:

True. But the reason I like Umbra so much is because he doesn't suffer from the early primes lack of added detail. Excal has no bulk on him when compared to like, vauban and vauban prime. Dexcal looks really cool but it's just a reskin, kinda hoped they would remodel him with the skin (thats the impression I got from the concept art)

Subjectivity.  Many will tell you that the sleek minimalism in Excal's original skin makes it the best iteration of them all.

Umbra designs will (still) likely be tied to Stalker in terms of modeling.

• Haha 1